Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Filet Mignon and Grilled Romaine

paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,702
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
The romaine was topped with tomatoes, rasberries and mandarin oranges.  The dressing was a simple mixture of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  The olive oil I used was especially good.  I purchased it last weekend while in Montreal to get Schwartz spices for the rub exchange.

imageimage

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    That looks really good . And grilled romaine is one of the wife's favorites haven't done it in awhile guess I'll have to now . Nice cook
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373
    Looks great! I am trying to eat healthier and this looks like a good way to do it.
    Benton,Arkansas
  • BeerIAmBeerIAm Posts: 21
    Yum.  I'm looking forward to cooking my first filet on the egg.
  • whaaaa? People cook on here? This place is awesome :)) Nice looking grub paq. love the salad

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,069
    That is beautiful.  I really like what you did with the salad.  I am going to steal this for sure. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,702
    edited May 2013

Looks great! I am trying to eat healthier and this looks like a good way to do it.
    @Randy1 Only good things!  A total of about two tablespoons of olive oil...

Gotta use those mangrates!

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • AltonAlton Posts: 443
    Great looking cook, need to try the Grilled Romain soon
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • ddeggerddegger Posts: 244
    Awesome - well done!
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,186
    @paqman - sorry for not telling you earlier, tried the dressing you posted a few days ago - but could not remember where I got it. Excellent!
    Costco has 6 hearts for under $4 - this is a great way to use them up (only two of us)
    Nice looking fillet and salad!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • LTAFlynEggLTAFlynEgg Posts: 84
    With everything that gets cooked around here, is it sad to say that grilling Romain is on my need to try cook list?
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,662
    Steps to grill the romaine?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,542
    yes, how does the romaine get grilled.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

@henapple and @Aviator - I just slice the romaine in half, drizzle a little olive oil on the cut side, sprinkle some sea salt and gril 30-90 seconds per side until the color is to my liking. I like some char so I go about 90 seconds but SWMBO preffers 30-45 seconds. Go easy on the olive oil because if you put too much it will flare up and give a nasty taste. Try to keep the dome closed as much as possibles to avoid flares. Then you just add dressing and toppings that you like. As @Skiddymarker says, a pack of 6 hearts is about 4$ at costco. I can't believe I did not try this before...

With everything that gets cooked around here, is it sad to say that grilling Romain is on my need to try cook list?

LOL, if you had told me a few weeks ago that I would have grilled romaine 5 days in a row, I would have laughed at you.

SWMBO gave me one four or five years ago. It works great for misting Romaine with EVOO. You can get a fine spray and no drips when you turn it over, better penetration between the leaves as well. 
    New ones look like this:
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    edited May 2013

@paqman - ever used a Misto?

SWMBO gave me one four or five years ago. It works great for misting Romaine with EVOO. You can get a fine spray and no drips when you turn it over, better penetration between the leaves as well. 
    New ones look like this:
    That's a great idea! I have one that I did not use in years.