Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Applewood Smoked Chicken breast and Grilled Romaine

Options
paqman
paqman Posts: 4,670
Got some inspiration after reading a post from @TarHeelBBQ earlier this week and decided to do grilled romaine. I have to say that it was so good, it will go on our regular menu from now on.

Dressing (mix all the ingredients with an immersion blender or small food processor) :
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon worcestershire
  • 1 teaspoon Frank's Red Hot
  • Celery salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

1. Prepare dressing
  2. Put chicken on BGE
  3. Cut Romaine in half
  4. Drizzle Romaine with olive oil on the side that was cut
  5. Sprinkle with kosher salt
  6. Remove chicken from BGE
  7. Grill Romaine 90 seconds per side (dome closed)
  8. Dress the Romaine with thin slices of French Shallots, Cherry Tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and the dressing
  9. Enjoy!
Did I say it was great?

imageimage

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That's fantastic! i've always wondered about grilled lettuce and that dressing sounds really good. How hot do you sear the romaine? 350? 400?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    caliking said:
    That's fantastic! i've always wondered about grilled lettuce and that dressing sounds really good. How hot do you sear the romaine? 350? 400?
    It was more like 450-500 but 400 should work.