Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Internal temp for pork loin?

Cooking a small section of a larger pork loin stuffed with apples and a honey rub/marinade. What internal temp should I pull it off at and any suggestions on cooking time per lb at 250 dome temp? Thanks
Charlotte, nc
image.jpg 1.5M

Comments

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,983
    I usually pull between 135 & 140

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,186
    Target finish temp for pork is around 145, so pulling at 135 to 140 per @Mattman3969 is spot on. Time will be under 2 hours for a 4" diameter loin, as little as 45 minutes for a 2" diameter tenderloin. 
    Depending on how your rub caramelized, you may want to reverse sear or pan sear on a side burner. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Excellent advise guys. Pulled it after 2 hrs at 140 degrees. I injected apple sauce prior to cooking and it had an excellent flavor. Sorry about pic being upside downimage
    image.jpg 1.5M
    Charlotte, nc
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,858
    It looks great! I cooked one last night. Best thing I have ever cooked in my life!
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's