Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,716
    Agree with @JohnInCarolina as CHEETO has been saying for the better part of a year or more that the only way CHEETO can lose if it's rigged.  The compounding issues are the handful of states who have gone to great lengths to enact laws and appoint officials that are nowhere near objective in assessing any election challenges.  
    Regrettably I'm strongly hoping for a true $hit show as that means the F'Tard got his A$$ handed to him and all he and the acolytes can do is drag out the 2020 play book minus some key players like Giuliani.
    Fasten your seat belt and the acolytes cannot see the forest for the trees.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,279

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/10/04/no-biden-didnt-take-fema-relief-money-use-migrants-trump-did/

This one’s for who you think it is here.  Not that it’ll do any good.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 12,015
    Got lucky, beat the paywall this time by hitting Esc key instantly after clicking on the link.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap

Michael Steele Upset Voters May Reelect Trump: "Stop Being Stupid, People"; "The Country Needs To Wake Itself Up Out Of This Stupor"

"On Thursday's edition of 'Morning Joe,' MSNBC contributor Michael Steele trashed former President Donald Trump as an incompetent fool and said he is just waiting "to be told what Putin tells him to think."

"The country needs to wake itself up out of this stupor, because this does not get better with him there. He will not solve these problems," Steele said. "He is the progenitor of these problems. He will be the focal point of the expansion of these problems, because they're unimportant to him."

"Come on, stop being stupid, people," Steele said. "Get your head in the game and understand what's about to happen. I mean, the warning signs have been there. The problem is in the House."

MIKA BRZEZINSKI, 'MORNING JOE' CO-HOST: This man has no grasp on the issues and no answers and no solutions. Just pat lines that he turns back to, almost like someone who's kind of grasping for an answer.

MICHAEL STEELE, MSNBC HOST, FORMER RNC CHAIRMAN: He is a fool, an incompetent individual who does not read even the briefings that he still gets as a former president on some of these things. So he at least have some workable knowledge of events there.

He is waiting. He has to wait to be told what Putin tells him to think about this affair, because that's where his alliance, his allegiance is. But the most galling and insulting part of this is to minimize the traumatic injuries to our servicemen and women who took the incoming barrage from Iranian missiles and who, as been reported, have been—were denied their Purple Hearts as a consequence of that, because the Pentagon was dancing around how not to offend the president because he didn't think it was that important.

And these were just headaches, or these were minor injuries. And he didn't want—here's the galling part. He didn't want that stain on his administration, where something like this happened on his administration, on his watch, that our soldiers were injured in conflict.

And now he wants to whitewash it and say, oh, injured—what does injury mean? What does being injured mean? Well, it means you get a Purple Heart for the services that you provided our country to protect and defend us on foreign soil, to represent our interests, to protect our interests. But that is a foreign concept to this man. And the country needs to wake itself up out of this stupor, because this does not get better with him there. He will not solve these problems. He is the progenitor of these problems. He will be the focal point of the expansion of these problems, because they're unimportant to him.

And we're 30-some days out from an election in which half the country is looking to put this idiot back in office. Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? This is the man who diminishes the public. I don't want to go to that graveyard because there are dead soldiers there when he's in Europe, in France.

I think the John McCain service—well, he got captured. No appreciation of what that means to have a soldier who gives up coming home because he didn't want to leave his fellow servicemen behind. I mean, this lack of appreciation is a stain on our country when it comes from a president.

And I think y'all need to think about this long and hard, because you think this is going to be somehow different, that the Middle East problem is just going to go away as soon as Donald Trump is inaugurated, that Putin is going to sit back and go, you know what? Donald Trump is now president. Oh, my God, let me get out of Ukraine. Come on, stop being stupid, people.

Get your head in the game and understand what's about to happen. I mean, the warning signs have been there. The problem is in the House."
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina

• lousubcap

Trump Campaign Calls Bob Woodward ‘Demented and Deranged’ as It Denounces Veteran Journalist’s New Book

For those who don't recall Nixon (the benchmark against which CHEETO makes look like a saint) was largely taken down by The Watergate affair and the lead journalists who brought the truth =to light were Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein.
    I would put my $$ on Woodward over CHEETO any time.  
    https://www.nysun.com/article/trump-campaign-calls-bob-woodward-demented-and-deranged-as-it-blasts-veteran-journalists-new-book?newsletter-access&recognized_email=fandmstewart@bellsouth.net&utm_source=MG&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Evening Sun 2024-10-08
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,122
    lousubcap said:

Trump Campaign Calls Bob Woodward ‘Demented and Deranged’ as It Denounces Veteran Journalist’s New Book

For those who don't recall Nixon (the benchmark against which CHEETO makes look like a saint) was largely taken down by The Watergate affair and the lead journalists who brought the truth =to light were Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein.
    https://www.nysun.com/article/trump-campaign-calls-bob-woodward-demented-and-deranged-as-it-blasts-veteran-journalists-new-book?newsletter-access&recognized_email=fandmstewart@bellsouth.net&utm_source=MG&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Evening Sun 2024-10-08
    It has been hard for me to judge just how much support Traitor actually has, with my spending too much time on FB, and the news media. There seems to be more and more old-time, staunch republicans who are endorsing the Harris/Walz ticket, but does the Faux/newsmax crowd even SEE that?  Or the shrinking/ early exit crowd sizes for his rallies?  

They say "all politics is local".  I live in Washington Terrace, a southern "suburb" of Ogden UT, one of the reddest states in the Union. There are two main routes I take to go somewhere else, and there have been three residences along those routes that were strongly Traitor-supporting, large signs in their yards and large flags flown in two of them.  Just in the last year, all of the flags have been taken down, and one large yard sign was replaced by a small 12" placard.  
    Yeah, that's a statistically-meaningless sample size, but it gives me a glimmer of hope.  

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,294
    Botch said:
    lousubcap said:

It has been hard for me to judge just how much support Traitor actually has, with my spending too much time on FB, and the news media. There seems to be more and more old-time, staunch republicans who are endorsing the Harris/Walz ticket, but does the Faux/newsmax crowd even SEE that?  Or the shrinking/ early exit crowd sizes for his rallies?  

They say "all politics is local".  I live in Washington Terrace, a southern "suburb" of Ogden UT, one of the reddest states in the Union. There are two main routes I take to go somewhere else, and there have been three residences along those routes that were strongly Traitor-supporting, large signs in their yards and large flags flown in two of them.  Just in the last year, all of the flags have been taken down, and one large yard sign was replaced by a small 12" placard.  
    Yeah, that's a statistically-meaningless sample size, but it gives me a glimmer of hope.  

its strange up here, massachusetts i see more trump signs and mass is mostly independents aka democrats here. counted signs last week heading up to camp in maine and it added up to 80 percent harris signs, maine leans more purple. total sign counts this election are way down this close to election day. favorite sign though is a painted 40 foot trump box trailer with 20 foot columns both sides with flags mounted on top of each, it sits way up high on a hill in a hay field. you can see it for miles. this guy has way too much time on his hands for a farmer
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
  • Botch
    edited October 9
    ^^^ Not enough is being said about that bible, for example it only includes the first ten amendments (The Bill of Rights) but not anything about women getting the vote, end of slavery, due process, the collection of income taxes, limiting Presidential terms to two, etc.  
    The Oklahoma legislature is also open for bids to buy 130% more of these bibles than they have classrooms (clearly in violation of the First Amendment, but I guess it's all voluntary now).  Apparently the spec requirements are tailor-made for tfg's publication (which I guess isn't selling that well).   

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• lousubcap
    The F' Tard keeps on screwing citizens with the lies:

Donald Trump’s many, many lies about Hurricane Helene, debunked

Rampant disinformation is getting in the way of disaster response.

https://www.vox.com/politics/376982/trump-hurricane-helene-fema-lies-debunked?utm_
    Wait til CHEETO gets rolling with Milton-
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,840
    Fear not, Trump will be there helping Floridians one by one. 

• JohnInCarolina
    There is no universe where anything remotely close to this is actually happening.  Trump is going to get some teacher or principal killed.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,102
    Yep, one more way to put teachers and students at risk. I don't really understand the war on education, it's almost like he doesn't want schools to exist.
    Not a felon
  • Botch
    Legume said:
    Yep, one more way to put teachers and students at risk. I don't really understand the war on education, it's almost like he doesn't want schools to exist.
    You don't?  The less-educated a person is, the easier it is to misguide them into voting against their own self-interests, via rhetoric and lies thru tfg, the republican party, faux news, and easily-disproved misinformation.
    There's a reason Project 2025 calls for the elimination of the Dept of Education.  

- Lin Yutang

• JohnInCarolina
    Completely unhinged, and barely coherent:

• JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:
    Legume said:
    You don't?  The less-educated a person is, the easier it is to misguide them into voting against their own self-interests, via rhetoric and lies thru tfg, the republican party, faux news, and easily-disproved misinformation.
    There's a reason Project 2025 calls for the elimination of the Dept of Education.  
    We may need a sarcasm font.
  • DoubleEgger
    edited October 10

If any other 78yr old man were babbling like this, his kids would be having a talk about putting Dad in an assisted living facility. 

He really needs to be on Rexulti to control his dementia rage. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,955
    edited October 10
    Fear not, Trump will be there helping Floridians one by one. 

Really surprised he wasn't selling them one sheet at a time. Edit to - correct typo, on to one.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • DoubleEgger
    Another banger from the Lincoln Project. Using Reagan’s words against Trump is straight fire. 

• lousubcap
    How sweet it is.  Unfortunately most of those who could benefit from the above (open their eyes) won't see it or if they do, not believe it.  
    Unless you have the surgery where you get a glass plate inserted in your stomach you will never see where you are going with your head up your A$$.
    And the beat goes on to the detriment of the entire country.  F'me. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Trump is looking extra dark these days:

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,824

If any other 78yr old man were babbling like this, his kids would be having a talk about putting Dad in an assisted living facility. 

He really needs to be on Rexulti to control his dementia rage. 
    100 percent
    Stillwater, MN
  • JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina

The comments in that Reddit thread are gold, just fyi.
  • lousubcap
    For those who want to easily access the comments referenced above, here you go:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/1g2dihp/trumps_makeup/?captcha=1
  • JohnInCarolina

Nyhan is a professor of political science at Dartmouth, and knows what he’s talking about here.
  • JohnInCarolina