Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

🔥🍖 Official September BBQ Showdown: Voting Thread 🍖🔥

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978
    paqman said:
    The microwaved hot dog is the real winner, the vote is to determine second place, right?
    Agree, real wiener.
    canuckland
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    paqman said:
    The microwaved hot dog is the real winner, the vote is to determine second place, right?
    Lol
    Insomnia @lkapigian
    I’m old! I’m up by 3am everyday 
    Your body has naturally adjusted to a pitmaster’s biorhythm.  
    Very Likely lol, I felt like I was feeding a newborn night before last getting up for regular feedings, we have been on a roll since last month not stop cooks 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • My vote’s for number 5.  Kind of surprised the chili/ribs one-two punch isn’t getting more love.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,602
    edited September 26
    @Ozzie_Isaac - Since I could not find a can of Canadian Beer here or in Washington state a couple of week ago my invert-a-bird cook international did not go.
    However, I do have a brand new pair (still in original packaging-not needed and received from my sister yesterday who never sends anything) of Pitt Mitt Q gloves that I will send to the anchor (How's that micro dog doing??) cook of this excellent forum event.  

Glove description below: (edit 1 to add)
    Made of superbly heat-resistant aramid fibers, our mitt offers unmatched protection and versatility for home grilling.
    • Heat resistant up to 475°F.
    • Synthetic aramid fibers create a flexible barrier, so heat is unable to penetrate the mitt’s cotton lining.
    • Extra-long stretchable form-fitting cuff protects the forearm.
    • Reversible for right- or left-handed use.
    Edit 2:  In the event of a tie, the organizer will decide the winner/anchor based on the cook with the longest campaign run time that collected the fewest votes.  
    Happy Friday Eve!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    paqman said:
    I hate to be "that guy".... actually I relish it (HAR!  See what I did there?) but the Rules Committee disqualified the microwaved hotdog:

The hot dog was not cooked with "...a flame or hot burning stuff...", but rather the excitation of asymmetrical molecules (primarily H2O) with electromagnetic waves in the 1 to 300 GHz frequency range.  :glasses:   

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• JonWesson
    JonWesson Posts: 164
    activities here from me is very sparsest since all postings helded for moderation.       my sugargliders entry was winner excepts for was axed from hard harded hannah.         
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    Current Standings:

#1 - 0 (microwaved dogs getting no love)
    #2 - 1
    #3 - 1
    #4 - 1
    #5 - 4
    #6 - 6
    #7 - 0 (Larry has probably never scored a zero before, but as a promoter he isn't really eligible)
    #8 - 2

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lkapigian
    edited September 27
    Current Standings:

#1 - 0 (microwaved dogs getting no love)
    #2 - 1
    #3 - 1
    #4 - 1
    #5 - 4
    #6 - 6
    #7 - 0 (Larry has probably never scored a zero before, but as a promoter he isn't really eligible)
    #8 - 2
    lol, really not an entry… Great Job @Ozzie_Isaac thanks for all your effort! ( dm me winner email)

my potsticker sausage for Celebrate Sausage 2024 , check out the channel

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,978
    edited September 27
    I'm torn between Botch entry an JIC, but when push came to shove I go for JIC (#4) - why? because Otto's look convinced me with his satisfied smile!
  • lkapigian
    RRP said:
    Geez eggers - can this thread only muster 15 or 16 votes??? A stiff in a Chicago morgue can vote more times than this! 
    Baby stepping this back into submission, creating the habit 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • RRP said:
    Geez eggers - can this thread only muster 15 or 16 votes??? A stiff in a Chicago morgue can vote more times than this! 
    LOL Ron.  

Otto thanks you for your support!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Once the polls are closed and results certified, I will DM the anchor creator for the necessary address to receive the gloves.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,978
    Me too for the Rutland prize plus needing to know the size egg.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,757
    Botch said:
    paqman said:
    I hate to be "that guy".... actually I relish it (HAR!  See what I did there?) but the Rules Committee disqualified the microwaved hotdog:

The hot dog was not cooked with "...a flame or hot burning stuff...", but rather the excitation of asymmetrical molecules (primarily H2O) with electromagnetic waves in the 1 to 300 GHz frequency range.  :glasses:   
    This vote is rigged!  I will send my own slate of alternate voters!  🤣😂

paqman said:
    Botch said:
    paqman said:

This vote is rigged!  I will send my own slate of alternate voters!  🤣😂
    Canadian insurrection
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,757
    🤣😂

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Did the rules committee indicate people could only vote once?  I didn’t see that.  A minor loophole there…
    we may have missed a rule during setup, however, we shall implement FAI governing style (nod to @lousubcap ) and retroactively state only one vote per account.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Voting is closed!!  I thought we knew the winner, but a protest has been formally filed in Wyoming.  Once the hanging chads and recounts have been completed and court case settled, winner will be announced.

• Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 403
    If it's a tie, will each winner get one glove ?
  • lkapigian
    edited September 27
    Eggscuses said:
    And 2 certificates 1 ea
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    Eggscuses said:
    If there is more than one anchor cook after all the suits/counter suits and evaluation of posted time duration I will use a random number generator to determine the anchor prize winner who will get both gloves.   =)