Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavorā„¢ at:
FacebookĀ  | Ā TwitterĀ  | Ā InstagramĀ  | Ā PinterestĀ  | Ā YoutubeĀ  | Ā Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

šŸ”„šŸ– Official September BBQ Showdown: Voting Thread šŸ–šŸ”„

13Ā»

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978
    Eggscuses said:
    If it's a tie, will each winner get one glove ?
    Also, each gets one half of the measuring thingy, they'll have a cookoff to decide who gets the bottom half, Lol
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    #1 - 5 (late run almost made it, fortunately only Canadians appreciate a limp weiner))
    #2 - 1 Tied for Anchor
    #3 - 1 Tied for Anchor
    #4 - 1 (disqualified for obvious reasons)
    #5 - 4 (Yeah, this guy won and took 3rd also)

#6 - 6 (WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!!)

#7 - 0 (Larry has probably never scored a zero before, but as a promoter he isn't really eligible)
    #8 - 2 (Botch doing Botch things, cannot wait for the post in a few years about a contest he entered, and then a sudden sad turn none of us saw coming!)

Tie for anchor to #2 & #3 - Cap decides who gets the prize!

Summary:

#6Ā Stormbringer- Winner was a beautifully presented and executed cook!Ā  Also, pretty sure he gets to host next one? Send me a DM with your address and I will send the cup your way!Ā  Please DM the following folks to get the rest of your prize package!

@RRP - New Gasket
    @Ikapigian - $100 Amazon Gift Card
    @Tspud1 - Popper holder

Anchor:

#2 -Ragingirishman2Ā - Peri Peri chicken coming in strong, looked amazing and would love to dip into that
    #3 -Ā CPFC1905Ā - Cheese Skirt, what more to say!Ā  Who doesn't love a skirt, espcially made of cheese!?

@lousubcap gets to decide these two gentlemen's fate.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• WTF did I just read?

Everyone prepare for later this evening, when Ozzie resurrects 40-50 zombie threads sometime around midnight.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,757
    so close, I am asking for another recount!

Great job !Ā 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,061
    This looks rigged. When you're a famous egghead, you can just grab them by the cheese skirt!
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WTF did I just read?

Everyone prepare for later this evening, when Ozzie resurrects 40-50 zombie threads sometime around midnight.
    No leo this evening, to much work.

• WTF did I just read?

No leo this evening, to much work.
    Well you know what they say about all work and no play.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    edited September 28
    Deep and interesting Friday-night paradox/thought problem: if two people have entered an international cooking contest, and they end up tying for second place, and the prize is a pair of grilling gloves, AND it turns out the two competitors end up being sinistralĀ andĀ dextral, respectively*, AND they agree to split the pair of gloves, and it was YOU who was the left-handed co-winner, which glove would you want?
    Ā 
    The knee-jerk response for most folks, I would guess, is the left glove. Ā BUT, back when I was using my all-carbon-steel wok, I would don my left-hand grill glove, or a pot-holder, for the metal handle, because my dominant/right hand was workin' the spatula**. Ā When I pull my cast-iron dish with my hashbrown/chorizo/egg/cheese breakfast out of my toaster oven, I use my right hand, as the left hand only needs to close the oven door. Ā Which would you choose? Ā 
    Ā 
    Ā 
    Ā 
    * Thanks Siri! Ā And the wikipedia article on the subject looks pretty interesting, I'll be reading that after I finish up today's cat videos
    Ā 
    ** "Workin' the Spatula" WBAGNFARB! Ā  Ā 

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81. Ā He said no. Ā 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,061
    If you pick up heavy things, choose your primary. Ā If just regular things, choose the off hand.
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,602
    Wait a minute-I thought 0 was a lower vote count than 1.Ā  The adjudicator needs to approve the slate where 1 < 0.Ā  Following that I will proceed.Ā  And if the certified anchor (still to be determined) only wants one glove (they are allegedly ambidextrous) I can do that and sort out the other.
    Happy Friday-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.Ā  Life is too short for light/lite beer!Ā  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 28
    lousubcap said:
    Wait a minute-I thought 0 was a lower vote count than 1.Ā  The adjudicator needs to approve the slate where 1 < 0.Ā  Following that I will proceed.Ā  And if the certified anchor (still to be determined) only wants one glove (they are allegedly ambidextrous) I can do that and sort out the other.
    Happy Friday-
    If we go with the government conspiracy and assume zero exists can a null number be less than a real number?Ā  I don't think so.Ā  Plus divide 100/1 and you get 100, divide 100/0 and you get infinity. Infinity gloves rule the world, so how can they be smaller?

Regardless of your math proclivities, Larry was DQ'd because he had texas Style BBQ, which isn't international.Ā  If he had North Carolina or Kansas Q, it would have met the requirements.Ā 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,602
    In this space tonight, Friday 1 is clearly less than 0 math and weak arguments be da-ned.Ā Ā 
    Gentlemen, given you only use one hand I will gladly split the glove set.Ā  Let me know NLT MondayĀ  9/30/2024 NLT 10 PM (BST) your desires and appropriate shipping address.
    All in good fun and thanks to @Ozzie_Isaac for making this happen.Ā Ā 
    Anchor:

#2 -Ragingirishman2Ā - Peri Peri chicken coming in strong, looked amazing and would love to dip into that
    #3 -Ā CPFC1905Ā - Cheese Skirt, what more to say!Ā  Who doesn't love a skirt, espcially made of cheese!?

@lousubcapĀ gets to decide these two gentlemen's fate.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.Ā  Life is too short for light/lite beer!Ā  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,244
    I woukd like to thank the academy ā€¦ oh hang on, wrong acceptance speech šŸ˜€

Thanks for the votes folks!Ā 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066

Dm me your email when you get a chanceĀ 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lkapigian said:

Dm me your email when you get a chanceĀ 
    Same here! Ā I have a championship Temu measuring cup with your name on it!