Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavorā„¢ at:
FacebookĀ  | Ā TwitterĀ  | Ā InstagramĀ  | Ā PinterestĀ  | Ā YoutubeĀ  | Ā Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ratatouille on the BGE - šŸ­

cmac610
cmac610 Posts: 216
Been wanting to do some ratatouille for a while and since Iā€™m in the middle of a diet, I figured this is as good of a time as ever.

I wanted a nice little sear on the veggies, so I used my Arteflame insert on this cook.

Not a traditional ratatouille at all. More rustic since I donā€™t have the patience to slice all the veg. But came out really good!

Craig aka Cmac Cooks
Amesbury, MA
#BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof #TeamGozney
XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    Outstanding! Ā :clap: Ā 

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke? Ā When it's apparent. Ā 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,056
    Thatā€™s looks crazy delicious!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,014
    Oh yeah.Ā  I have an Arteflame and I should do that!

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Love it. Beautiful cook. Hope you watched the movie afterwards.Ā 

If you donā€™t mind my asking, is the diet for weight loss, or unrelated to weight management?
  • Paolo
    Paolo Posts: 39
    Very nice looking cook!Ā 
    I also like the plancha style insert you have there. Does the lid stay open or close during the cook?

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    Outstanding right there. Ā Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.Ā  Life is too short for light/lite beer!Ā  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cmac610

If you donā€™t mind my asking, is the diet for weight loss, or unrelated to weight management?
    Weight loss. I got a little carried away over this past winter. Goal is tp lose 50# and after 2 months down 31# as of this morning! Portion control, cooking A LOT of fish, intermittent fasting, water and no beer. Still a little alcohol, but cut way back on the booze too!
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • cmac610
    Paolo said:
    Very nice looking cook!Ā 
    I also like the plancha style insert you have there. Does the lid stay open or close during the cook?

Depends on what Iā€™m cooking. For this one I still closed the dome about 50% of the cook.

But some hot and fast cooks Iā€™ll leave it open if Iā€™m looking to get the plancha super hot! šŸ”„ If youā€™ve never seen it before, itā€™s the BGE insert by Arteflame. Itā€™s a great piece. I also have a couple of their ā€œfree standingā€ grills too.

Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,319
    Beautiful cook!Ā 
    Living the good life smoking and joking
  • cmac610 said:

Weight loss. I got a little carried away over this past winter. Goal is tp lose 50# and after 2 months down 31# as of this morning! Portion control, cooking A LOT of fish, intermittent fasting, water and no beer. Still a little alcohol, but cut way back on the booze too!
    Great to hear, and thanks for sharing. Congrats to you for the great progress. I also like intermittent fasting for weight control. For me, itā€™s the best solution, because it doesnā€™t curb my ability to eat anything and doesnā€™t derail meals/put anyone out when socializing with others. My father did it when I was growing ups. Still does, and has always maintained a very healthy weight.Ā 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,042
    Looks like a great cook, Iā€™ll have to give this a try sometime. Ā Oh and I got a kick out of the mouse at the end of your thread title ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • cmac610
    Looks like a great cook, Iā€™ll have to give this a try sometime. Ā Oh and I got a kick out of the mouse at the end of your thread title ;)
    Thanks! And you gotta have Remy on any ratatouille post! šŸ
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,228
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130
    Man- you guys are killing it this week on here. Maybe itā€™s just me, as Iā€™m not on here as much as I used to be, but it seems like more, Really good cooks are being posted again. And Iā€™m all about it. This one is awesome. Love it.Ā 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATXĀ FBTX