Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,258
    Options
    More media coverage for a convicted felon =)
    Fixed that for you.  

trumps spins guilty into gold and a 2024 presidential victory =);)
    It is entirely possible.  I just don't know why anyone would see that as a desirable outcome at this point.

there is no desirable outcome between the two running....
    Sure there is.  This is silly.  All you have to do is to focus on what policies their administrations are likely to put into place.  Insisting they’re both the same is just an excuse to not think.

exactly =) and to add to that, one cant walk, talk, or think........
    Your poor attempts at trolling have been noted.

well you could have come up with some biden policies you like but didnt..... =) my favorite one is using a proxy to bomb russia with our missiles =)
    Health care, the environment, abortion rights, just for starters.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,966
    edited May 31
    Options
    Fixed that for you.  

It is entirely possible.  I just don't know why anyone would see that as a desirable outcome at this point.

Sure there is.  This is silly.  All you have to do is to focus on what policies their administrations are likely to put into place.  Insisting they’re both the same is just an excuse to not think.

well you could have come up with some biden policies you like but didnt..... =) my favorite one is using a proxy to bomb russia with our missiles =)
    So a republican based romneycare system.  Lithium batteries that destroy the environment.  Prochoice trump. Let's have Russia getting bombed with us weapons. Stabbing Israel and the Jewish community in the back😆 keepem coming

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Fixed that for you.  

So a republican based romneycare system.  Lithium batteries that destroy the environment.  Prochoice trump. Let's have Russia getting bombed with us weapons. Stabbing Israel and the Jewish community in the back😆 keepem coming

Yes, you are right.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Fixed that for you.  

Yes, you are right.
    And that's from my liberal progressive side according to those funny tests they put out
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options

"...it's complicated."

LOL. No, no it isn't.

Haven't heard if the Fox guest below is now saying that the market did actually crash cuz if Trumpy had been declared innocent the market would have gained more than a thousand points. :)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Fixed that for you.  

Yes, you are right.
    And that's from my liberal progressive side according to those funny tests they put out
    Sure.  Sounds legit, not made up at all.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    You'd think Trump's penchant for stiffing people out of money they're owed for work they did for him would resonate with more people, but no, his supporters don't seem to care.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,829
    Options
    Too bad the acolytes can't see CHEETO for who/what he is.  What a F' tard.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,643
    edited June 1
    Options
    You'd think Trump's penchant for stiffing people out of money they're owed for work they did for him would resonate with more people, but no, his supporters don't seem to care.  
    The traitor organization collected nearly $53M in donations in the 24 hours following the verdict.  I can't help but wonder if the US doesn't deserve to have him as dictator.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/31/us/politics/trump-fundraising-verdict.html  

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    The traitor organization collected nearly $53M in donations in the 24 hours following the verdict.  I can't help but wonder if the US doesn't deserve to have him as dictator.  

All that money will be going to his team of C-rate lawyers.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,643
    Options
    Yup; his DIL, head of the RNC, will ensure it.  

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• fishlessman
    Options
    Botch said:

could be 300 mil today =) guilty to gold.  pure craziness
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    Options
    Former President Trump’s legal team has asked the judge who presided over his New York hush money trial to lift a gag order, according to a letter made public yesterday. Trump’s attorney, Todd Blanche, argued that Trump’s “constitutional mandate for unrestrained campaign advocacy” is greater now because of Biden’s comments on his guilty verdict. Sareen Habeshian reports for Axios."
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    "An appeals court in Georgia postponed former President Trump’s 2020 election subversion case until it rules on whether Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis can remain on the case. The Georgia Court of Appeals is scheduled to hear arguments on Oct. 4, making it unlikely the case will be settled ahead of November’s presidential election. Max Matza reports for BBC News; Erin Doherty reports for Axios."
  • lousubcap
    Options
    A U.S. federal judge yesterday ordered former President Trump’s ex-strategist Steve Bannon to report to prison by July 1 to serve a four-month sentence. The order comes after years of legal wrangling, with an appeals court last month upholding Bannon’s 2022 criminal conviction for contempt of Congress. In response to yesterday’s order, Bannon said he and his lawyers would “go all the way to the Supreme Court if we have to.” Caitlin Wilson reports for BBC News; April Rubin reports for Axios.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Former President Trump is scheduled to attend a probation interview today from his home at Mar-a-Lago with his attorney, Todd Blanche. The pre-sentencing probation interview will take place over a special virtual network with added security measures, according to two sources, and is a standard part of the sentencing process for felony defendants convicted in New York state court. Adam Reiss, Laura Jarrett, and Summer Concepcion report for NBC News; Zach Schonfeld reports for The Hill.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Former President Trump is scheduled to attend a probation interview today from his home at Mar-a-Lago with his attorney, Todd Blanche. The pre-sentencing probation interview will take place over a special virtual network with added security measures, according to two sources, and is a standard part of the sentencing process for felony defendants convicted in New York state court. Adam Reiss, Laura Jarrett, and Summer Concepcion report for NBC News; Zach Schonfeld reports for The Hill.
    You hate to see it.
  • lousubcap
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint.
    I loathe CHEETO!  CHEETO is a felon!
    Felt good to write that.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2024/06/when-are-trump-supporters-complicit/678704/

Solid piece on the “Motivated Ignorance of Trump Supporters”
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    The main article is behind a paywall ...
    "The US Supreme Court has come in for harsh criticism for delaying its ruling on Donald Trump’s potential immunity from prosecution. The most grave of his four felony indictments—for allegedly trying to block the transition of power for the first time in American history—has been frozen while the court—already under fire over accusations of political bias and ethical transgressions—considers the case. Now, the court has signaled it will take the rare step of extending its term into July, further delaying any potential trial."
    Given the importance of the ruling why continue to "run scared...".
    The collective "we" have lost our foundational anchor aka unbiased rulings or "ground truth" and are now becoming another pawn in the political game.  F'me.  
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,909
    Options
    @lousubcap - Do you think July 11 sentencing by Judge Merchan may be at play with the extension by the Supreme Court
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited June 26
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    @lousubcap - Do you think July 11 sentencing by Judge Merchan may be at play with the extension by the Supreme Court
    What’s your thinking there, given that Merchan’s is a state case?
  • lousubcap
    Options
    As noted above, as I read it anything from SCOTUS will not have any bearing on the NYS case.  Regardless, the delay is a spineless move from my perspective.  
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,406
    Options
    State courts are subject to reversal by federal courts. SCOTUS tends not to act until lower federal courts have ruled though.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The main article is behind a paywall ...
    "The US Supreme Court has come in for harsh criticism for delaying its ruling on Donald Trump’s potential immunity from prosecution. The most grave of his four felony indictments—for allegedly trying to block the transition of power for the first time in American history—has been frozen while the court—already under fire over accusations of political bias and ethical transgressions—considers the case. Now, the court has signaled it will take the rare step of extending its term into July, further delaying any potential trial."
    Given the importance of the ruling why continue to "run scared...".
    The collective "we" have lost our foundational anchor aka unbiased rulings or "ground truth" and are now becoming another pawn in the political game.  F'me.  

fits my view of the court system, judges are as biased as everyone else.....
    fukahwee maine