Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 70
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    Bought a dog 
    As a GSP owner all I have to say is Godspeed.  (I’m on number 2 and she’s 6 and just now starting to not be a puppy).

i have a brittany that turns 13 this year, maybe this is the year he grows out of puppyhood.....will see when the frogs come out this spring
    Yeah my Lab is from field trial lineage (boy did I not understand what I was getting into there) finally started showing signs of not being a puppy tornado around 7. The new little guy’s parents/older siblings are all shockingly chill as adults so we’ll see how it goes!

Thanks for all the compliments guys!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,951
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    Bought a dog 
    As a GSP owner all I have to say is Godspeed.  (I’m on number 2 and she’s 6 and just now starting to not be a puppy).

i have a brittany that turns 13 this year, maybe this is the year he grows out of puppyhood.....will see when the frogs come out this spring
    Yeah my Lab is from field trial lineage (boy did I not understand what I was getting into there) finally started showing signs of not being a puppy tornado around 7. The new little guy’s parents/older siblings are all shockingly chill as adults so we’ll see how it goes!

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

my last two are field dog lineage, just nonstop. the breeder asked what i wanted in this last pup, i said i wanted the crazy one =)

this one is a crazy as it gets....he thinks he is a cannonball.  just started shooting a gun over his head last weekend, setting up my cannon this next week, so far nothing fazes him.  my vet warned me about field dogs but i just like watching them in action and ive got the space

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,568
    Options
    Costco had $3 off Kerry Gold.  I try to stock up when on sale.

real butter and chicken taquitos for the win...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,187
    Options
    billt01 said:

Picked up some butter this week (not as much as this), did you notice that lots is now plant based?? Isn't that then just margarine? I was wondering why the stuff i bought was so smooth. The label said "farm fresh ingredients" with no indication it wasn't dairy. Looked at the actual ingredients and it was all soybean, palm, and olive oil. Too be honest it tastes pretty good though.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,695
    edited May 14
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations you need to go back and buy some of these, make sure you get an educated cashier and you may get lucky  ;)

canuckland
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,399
    Options
    worth 12 bucks?
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 70
    Options
    worth 12 bucks?
    Why not?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,355
    Options
    poster said:
    billt01 said:

Picked up some butter this week (not as much as this), did you notice that lots is now plant based?? Isn't that then just margarine? I was wondering why the stuff i bought was so smooth. The label said "farm fresh ingredients" with no indication it wasn't dairy. Looked at the actual ingredients and it was all soybean, palm, and olive oil. Too be honest it tastes pretty good though.
    I have seen “plant based” butter at Costco.  Right next to the Kerry Gold.  I honestly didn’t think much about it, but will look closer next time.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Bought the impatiens for our original, built-in front planter and got them planted. 48 4” plants. Price seemed high, but I am happy with the result. 

When checking out at the nursery, I explained to the teenage cashier that I had been calling for weeks to see when they were getting them in, as “I was getting rather impatien”. Joke went as expected. 😒

Unbeleafable, I was rooting for them to get such a beautiful pun.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Has to be good, sauce is dripping from the cover  =)

canuckland
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Has to be good, sauce is dripping from the cover  =)

Orange ink spot, I have a habit of working crossword puzzles. 
    I recently inherited my maternal grandmother’s cast iron skillet. She used to fry 4 strips of bacon in it every morning then eggs in the grease. She would leave the grease in it until lunch when she would pour cornbread batter into the hot pan.
    Not used since 1967 but still perfectly seasoned. Naturally it will go on the kitchen wall instead of in use but I have plenty of modern iron.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac
    I appreciate the support, my friend. One of the great, liberating pleasures of employing my dad jokes is that I do it for my own benefit. 🙃

@Canugghead
    Unfortunately, I am not that well-versed in flowers, so any reference is lost on me. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,627
    Options
    They make orange ink?  

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls,

Be cool, or be cast out"  

-  Rush, Subdivisions 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Botch said:
    They make orange ink?  
    Yes, and : red, pink, purple, green , blue, black etc. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    😂 Nothing gets by eagle-eye @Canugghead
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Well if that is really where he wants to look 🤷‍♂️
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,790
    Options
    Botch said:
    They make orange ink?  
    Yes, and : red, pink, purple, green , blue, black etc. 
    You can even find gold coloured (nod) ink which I have used on many occasions.  Around here bourbon master distillers sign bottles with gold ink.  I clearly was ahead of my time.  The fan wow factor is noticeable.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,683
    Options
    Yeti french press coffee maker and ice bucket

paqman said:
    Yeti french press coffee maker and ice bucket

I see iced coffees in your future. Where’d ya buy? Full retail?
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,683
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations Ordered from yeti.ca and paid full retail price on the french press (they just released it), and got a 35% discount on the ice bucket.

@paqman

Thanks. Neat new products. 
  • Canugghead
    edited May 15
    Options
    Disappointed with the slim pickings :disappointed:
    canuckland
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,655
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    Bought a dog 

I had a Brittany (spaniel as they were called in the day) when I was a child. That dog was amazing, but trouble too.  His mother and sister lived close by and would go on adventures for several days at a time.  We would sometimes get a call from a farmer ten miles away saying we have your dogs. But when he wasn’t on a walk about, he slept at the foot of my bed - extremely comforting as a child. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Trying to figure out the maths.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,951
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    Bought a dog 

I had a Brittany (spaniel as they were called in the day) when I was a child. That dog was amazing, but trouble too.  His mother and sister lived close by and would go on adventures for several days at a time.  We would sometimes get a call from a farmer ten miles away saying we have your dogs. But when he wasn’t on a walk about, he slept at the foot of my bed - extremely comforting as a child. 

my first brittany spaniel was mostly american bred, they seem to run alot further out. my last two which includes the one i posted has deeper french lines and stays pretty close.  i can field test the frenchies but both have black in their coat so show is out here and in canada for akc. mine are akc/ukc. black in the uks is a show color. makes no sense to me that a french britt cant have black but an american britt can not. my multi color with black's grandfather won preferred breeding status in france years ago and my current britts lineage goes back to the same dog as well. the pup has been maybe 100 yards in sight from me on his own and the older dog maybe 300 yards. my american version would be gone for an hour and one time a neighbor did drive him home from maybe a mile away. britts seem to be out of favor right now, i dont see many at all.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,951
    Options
    Scotty Phantom 5.   Have always liked them but the straight line sight used to throw me off.   They changed that to 3 subdued bubble dots which suits my eye better.   Pic post regrip.   

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Scotty Phantom 5.   Have always liked them but the straight line sight used to throw me off.   They changed that to 3 subdued bubble dots which suits my eye better.   Pic post regrip.   

Glad to see you back!  Also, is that putter safe from the Texas heat?
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,951
    Options

Glad to see you back!  Also, is that putter safe from the Texas heat?

Thanks amigo!   Nice little vacation from various things.  

Nothing is safe from the Texas heat…but the onset of humidity and mosquitoes is a different story.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas