Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This Chicken is HIGH! - (cannabis infused bbq sauce)

Options
13»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    Wish I didn't get rid of this thrift store impulse buy, used it few times to infuse chili oil. Less mess than oil in bags, worked quite well. Having seller remorse.https://youtu.be/YJ2CZ0HQwVE?feature=shared
    I think for this, butter, small canning jar, sv would be the way to go. Infuse some peppers in oil at the same time, different jar....

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,643
    Options
    Let us know how it goes, Fish
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    Legume said:
    Let us know how it goes, Fish

doubtful, i dont touch the stuff, in butter or not
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,086
    Options
    Maybe he thought 
    No.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Legume said:
    Nothing more than a simple call back to a loaded comment a recent forum leaver posted while announcing their quitting the forum (which is alway weird to me vs you know, just stop visiting the forum).
    ??? I missed a “this used to be a much more friendlier place” exit? 

I love that people treat forums and social media like a train station by announcing departures and arrivals. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    Nothing more than a simple call back to a loaded comment a recent forum leaver posted while announcing their quitting the forum (which is alway weird to me vs you know, just stop visiting the forum).

I love that people treat forums and social media like a train station by announcing departures and arrivals. 
    I plan on announcing my own death.  I mean… who else is going to do it?   @Ton_Til ?
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    So is the weed 5% for the whole dish or per serving. Asking for a friend. Cooking with weed has always been a strange gamble for me. Edibles generally don’t work well with a full stomach…but if you make it too strong, god help you for 6 hours. 

I love the creativity but I’m Goldilocks when it comes to edibles. I like getting a little high in controlled environments  but I don’t like 6 hour surprises 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Legume said:

I plan on announcing my own death.  I mean… who else is going to do it?   @Ton_Til ?
    RRP will announce it for you
    Ron is like the Keith Richards of the egghead forum.  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Legume said:

RRP will announce it for you
    😂😂😂😂😂
  • cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 155
    Options
    So is the weed 5% for the whole dish or per serving. Asking for a friend. Cooking with weed has always been a strange gamble for me. Edibles generally don’t work well with a full stomach…but if you make it too strong, god help you for 6 hours. 

I love the creativity but I’m Goldilocks when it comes to edibles. I like getting a little high in controlled environments  but I don’t like 6 hour surprises 
    For this one, it was approx 5% for the entire glaze. Even a non-smoker, lightweight like me didn’t get blitzed. 
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    #BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof #TeamGozney
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,676
    edited April 27
    Options
    GrateEggspectations said:

Guess who’s crossing the river tomorrow?
    How did that go? 🤣😂

edited April 27
    Options
    paqman said:
    GrateEggspectations said:

Guess who’s crossing the river tomorrow?
    How did that go? 🤣😂
    Have never actually been to an SQDC. Took a look at their site and they have a lot of quirky edibles. Infused ramen noodles! Beef jerky. I also see hot honey, if you want to try to recreate this cook. 

It’s funny how our respective provinces are not aligned on (non-spirit) alcohol and cannabis. Quebec: Beer and wine widely available in stores; cannabis at gov-run outlets only (SQDC). Ontario: Beer and wine at gov-run outlets only (LCBO); cannabis widely available in stores. I will sometimes take a trip to the SAQ Depot for wines and spirits (though the deals aren’t what they used to be) and hit up the Gatineau Costco for beer. Interestingly, Costco tracks Ontario members’ beer purchases in Quebec and restricts the number of cases they can buy (10 in a month, I think, though I’ve never hit the threshold).