Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Pictures of Pets (2023)

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    The boy was up half the night with a case of the runs.  Getting his rest in now while I work from home and babysit:

That happened to my Boxer as a half grown pup. I was chopping jalapeños and a slice slipped off of the cutting board. Greedy Guts grabbed it and bolted it down.
    I always thought the saying was “Greedy Gus!”?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina
    I liked that post, not for your pup's issues, but rather b/c I didn't want to hit the 'dislike' button, which was actually more appropriate for the situation.

Hope he gets better man.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,983
    Options
    The boy was up half the night with a case of the runs.  Getting his rest in now while I work from home and babysit:

Fun runs, or no-fun runs?
    The hot snakes runs.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina
    I liked that post, not for your pup's issues, but rather b/c I didn't want to hit the 'dislike' button, which was actually more appropriate for the situation.

Hope he gets better man.
    He seems to have had a good day once he got out of his system whatever was in it, thanks.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options

Mines the same way this week, either the haddock or a pigs ear, not sure.  Really happy the kennel crate didn't leak on the rover seats. Been getting rice with his dinner......there's a cold wind coming off the iced in lake at 1am...4am, 6 am...
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina

Hope he gets better man.
    He seems to have had a good day once he got out of his system whatever was in it, thanks.
    Glad he is on the mend.  A dogs intestinal track has to be about 7" long.  They clear out fast, but my goodness can they make a mess before they do.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,308
    Options

That happened to my Boxer as a half grown pup. I was chopping jalapeños and a slice slipped off of the cutting board. Greedy Guts grabbed it and bolted it down.
    My hearing has never been the best, bad infections as a youngster, so maybe I misunderstood what people were saying. Phrases change over generations but I think my version is pretty descriptive.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

My hearing has never been the best, bad infections as a youngster, so maybe I misunderstood what people were saying. Phrases change over generations but I think my version is pretty descriptive.
    I did some googlz and it looks like Greedy Guts is the formal version, but Greedy Gus is also acceptable.  Crazy world.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    kl8ton said:

This is what a Bernese Mountain Dog guilt trip looks like. 
    He looks mad that he can't "clean" the plates.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    RColtsFan said:
    This guy was at daycare all day. It will take him 2 days to recover 😂

Tired dogs are good dogs 😎
    Jacksonville FL
  • fishlessman
    Options
    pup barked for the first time this morning, a nice low pitch bark. so looking forward to the high pitched whine and screech  noises to go away..... =)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Otto update.  We have been taking him to a doggy day care place on Friday mornings, and they post pics of the dogs from when they’re out playing with others outside:

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    Otto update.  We have been taking him to a doggy day care place on Friday mornings, and they post pics of the dogs from when they’re out playing with others outside:

The smeyes are are only outdone by the tongue hanging out the side of his mouth.  Looks the bonding is mutual...you are his doggy daddy, he is your best friend.  Congrats!
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    anyone familiar with german shepard/malamutes mixes and their temperament with other dogs.  neighbor has one around 90 pounds at 10 weeks, been letting the little pup play with him, anything to worry about as the dog gets older. looks like this, owner says husky but the tail folds over its back and theres to much ear hair from the huskies ive seen

Malamute german shepherd mix facts

fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    anyone familiar with german shepard/malamutes mixes and their temperament with other dogs.  neighbor has one around 90 pounds at 10 weeks, been letting the little pup play with him, anything to worry about as the dog gets older. looks like this, owner says husky but the tail folds over its back and theres to much ear hair from the huskies ive seen

As long as your guy isn't a small dog, I am not familiar with any major issues.  Biggest one I have seen is theGerman Shepards don't like to play with other dogs when they get older.  They are too serious.  They aren't mean just not interested.
  • fishlessman
    Options

As long as your guy isn't a small dog, I am not familiar with any major issues.  Biggest one I have seen is theGerman Shepards don't like to play with other dogs when they get older.  They are too serious.  They aren't mean just not interested.

grew up with german shepards. not familiar with malamuts or their mixes at all, not a common new england dog. never had problems with huskies, can only assume they are similar just bigger.  this ones very skiddish for a big dog, plays with others pretty well, but ive seen temperaments change with big dogs when they get to be about two for whatever reason. this one has the husky tendency to run the wrong way when the owner calls him. my britt pup will get to 40 pounds at most, im betting this dog hits 130 or more
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,670
    Options
    Or old, I’ve seen old people have completely out of control dogs and they were oblivious  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

grew up with german shepards. not familiar with malamuts or their mixes at all, not a common new england dog. never had problems with huskies, can only assume they are similar just bigger.  this ones very skiddish for a big dog, plays with others pretty well, but ive seen temperaments change with big dogs when they get to be about two for whatever reason. this one has the husky tendency to run the wrong way when the owner calls him. my britt pup will get to 40 pounds at most, im betting this dog hits 130 or more
    I had a neighbor with a huskie.  He didn't mind well at all.  He did bring me what looked like a fancy 4H chicken one day.  Didn't know any kids around raising chickens at the time.
  • fishlessman
    Options

I had a neighbor with a huskie.  He didn't mind well at all.  He did bring me what looked like a fancy 4H chicken one day.  Didn't know any kids around raising chickens at the time.

we had one in the neighbor hood, probably had a three or more mile range it ran. thats all they seem to do is run, no aggression, never stops. they had too many calls to animal control for a loose dog on the run and had to give it up. would be a shame to keep that dog locked up in a house or small yard.
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    If the owners are dicks, the dog will most likely be too.

the dogs in my yard all the time, i have atleast a year to train him....... ;)  the owners a nice guy when he is sober, i stay away after he has had a couple
    fukahwee maine