Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Placeholder for internet things that are funny or cool

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    edited March 2023
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzdbFnv4yWQ

Paging @CPFC1905 and @Eoin and @Stormbringer

My favorite part is when the young British lad states the obvious truth that “Americans are lucky” 😂
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,348
    Options
    The "Ferrari vs Ford" comment wins for me. 
    Tomorrow's breakfast here. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    edited March 2023
    Options
    ^^^  That was so much fun!  

One of the things in my life I've been so thankful for, is the travel.  My Sr year High School band trip was two weeks in Europe, first week doing parades and concerts in Austria, then a bus tour thru Germany, northern Italy, Luxembourg, Switzerland and France (we did a concert underneath the Eiffel Tower).  It was my first time in a plane, and first time out of the Midwest US.  I really fell for the Austrian meals always beginning with a small soup, and omg the Schnitzels!  Their ice cream is so much better than ours (they're not required to do either pasteurization or homogenization, can't remember which).  And, getting a hot dog from a street cart in Paris: a section of fresh baguette, with a hole cut thru the center (not sliced), and the sausage slid into it; no way to put condiments on it, none were offered, but both the protein and the baguette were so delicious, none required!
    Just different parts of the US, thru my AF years, were fascinating.  Had "chicken-n-slicks" in one of the Carolinas ("slicks" were dumplings about 1/2" thick and cut into triangles, delish!); immersed in chile culture for 5 years in New Mexico; alder-smoked salmon in Seattle; Cincinnati-style chili in Dayton/Cincinnati; scones and honey butter here in UT; walleye in northern MN; real chicken-fried steak, and breakfast tacos in Austin; mudbugs and Creole in AL; pizza casserole, Italian Beef, and hotdogs in Chicago.  Oh, and in Ankara Turkey I had a dish that was a delicious roll sliced in half and toasted, with a ladle of melted butter on top, then perfectly-grilled thin-sliced lamb, some kind of red/chile sauce on top; one of the best things I've ever eaten.  Wish I could remember what it was called...

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    They knew it couldn't be gravy cuz mom didn't use the can of Bisto!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options

My favorite part is when the young British lad states the obvious truth that “Americans are lucky” 😂
    We lend you a language to help you get established in the world and the you start taking liberties with the letter U and getting some of the very basics wrong.
    Tangentially, the choice of school was interesting.  I'd suggest it's a London suburban selective, or fee paying because; the teacher is not on strike, there's a roof on the room they are in, and the knife that was pulled was in company with a fork. 
    Food does look a bit Care Home Cuisine, doesn't it? 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options

Interestingly, none of those lads are fat. Try to find 10 American kids where at least 3-4 aren't fat.

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    dmchicago said:

Interestingly, none of those lads are fat. Try to find 10 American kids where at least 3-4 aren't fat.

No, fear not - we have our own obesity crisis going on.  That sample is not wholly representative of the custodians of our future. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options

+ @TheToast? no crispy chips?
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

We lend you a language to help you get established in the world and the you start taking liberties with the letter U and getting some of the very basics wrong.
    Tangentially, the choice of school was interesting.  I'd suggest it's a London suburban selective, or fee paying because; the teacher is not on strike, there's a roof on the room they are in, and the knife that was pulled was in company with a fork. 
    Food does look a bit Care Home Cuisine, doesn't it? 
    Consider our abuse of the U one last middle finger to the monarchy.  Well maybe not the last:

As for the food, it's a fair question where it came from.  But just the look on the faces of the lads when they bit into the chicken... it's almost as though they'd never had chicken before.  Well, at least not chicken that had any flavor or tenderness to it.  Incredible.  
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Chips 

Crisps

• CPFC1905
    Options

Consider our abuse of the U one last middle finger to the monarchy.  Well maybe not the last:

As for the food, it's a fair question where it came from.  But just the look on the faces of the lads when they bit into the chicken... it's almost as though they'd never had chicken before.  Well, at least not chicken that had any flavor or tenderness to it.  Incredible.  
    Probably the chicken's chlorine soaked skin, for that authentic 'Mercan flavoUr. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Probably the chicken's chlorine soaked skin, for that authentic 'Mercan flavoUr. 

• Canugghead
    Options
    FWIW, back in the seventies I had a side hustle at a KFC in Bournemouth, it was good but imagine eating it every night? Didn't take long before it reached a point when I would eat one piece only, when fresh out of the pressure cooker  :)
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
  • Canugghead
    Options
    From what I heard...

Marco Polo introduced noodles and Wontons to the locals and called them spaghetti and ravioli.

A French fella visiting NYC via London gifted his buddy a box of fish 'n chips, the rest is history  =)
    canuckland
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    FWIW, back in the seventies I had a side hustle at a KFC in Bournemouth, it was good but imagine eating it every night? Didn't take long before it reached a point when I would eat one piece only, when fresh out of the pressure cooker  :)
    Bournemouth as in Dorest and not as nice as Weymouth? 
  • Canugghead
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Yes Dorset. Never been to Weymouth but definitely nicer than my next stop -  Bradford, Yorkshire  =)
    canuckland
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Yes Dorset. Never been to Weymouth but definitely nicer than my next stop -  Bradford, Yorkshire  =)
    Ah yes -  Bratfud as the locals shout at you. 
  • Canugghead
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Ah yes -  Bratfud as the locals shout at you. 
    Haha that's where my roommate had trouble finding duck's eggs at the farmers' market; he settled for dook's eggs after I stepped in =)
    canuckland
  • TheToast
    TheToast Posts: 376
    Options
    What the hell is that biscuit and gravy and how have I never heard of it before? It looks terrible
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    TheToast said:
    What the hell is that biscuit and gravy and how have I never heard of it before? It looks terrible
    As a Brit you should know not to judge a book by its cover!
  • TheToast
    Options
    Have you all experienced this legendary cuisine 

• Canugghead
    Options
    TheToast said:

lifesaver when I was a starving student there  =)
    canuckland
  • TheToast
    Options
    TheToast said:
    As a Brit you should know not to judge a book by its cover!
    I really want to try it, knowing it tastes of liquid sausage. But from the look of it, can’t even imagine the flavour
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    TheToast said:

That looks terrible!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    TheToast said:

i make beans different ways, that looks like my version of rochetts.

Lowell's Famous Rochett's Baked Beans

2 lbs California pea beans or any dried white pea beans
    1 1/2  teaspoons salt
    1 lb salt pork - cut in 2-inch squares
    1/4 cup ketchup

Wash beans thoroughly.  Drain and pour into 4 1/2 quart
    Bean pot.  Add pork, ketchup, salt and a little water.
    Stir to mix thoroughly.  Add enough water to come up
    2 inches from the top of the pot.  Cover pot and cook for
    5 hours at 350 degrees.  Remove lid and cover beans
    with 1/2 inch of water.  Continue baking beans uncovered
    for 2 hours more, or until the salt pork is cooked to taste

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it