Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Placeholder for internet things that are funny or cool

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Legume said:

Dude… looks like a lady?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Botch
    Options
    Undersea hydrothermal vent cities; this is fascinating:

https://petapixel.com/2023/04/21/newly-discovered-hydrothermal-vents-are-surrounded-by-deep-sea-life/

Many of the larger moons around the Solar Systems' Gas Giants are known to have water oceans (covered with ice), and are geothermally active because of the planets' gravitational pull.  Really would like to see the bottoms of those oceans...

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @Botch - very interesting article.  Thanks for posting. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    Undersea hydrothermal vent cities; this is fascinating:

https://petapixel.com/2023/04/21/newly-discovered-hydrothermal-vents-are-surrounded-by-deep-sea-life/

Many of the larger moons around the Solar Systems' Gas Giants are known to have water oceans (covered with ice), and are geothermally active because of the planets' gravitational pull.  Really would like to see the bottoms of those oceans...
    That definitely falls into the "cool" category!
  • Botch
    Options
    A Little League org in New Jersey has a new rule this season: any parent who argues or insults the ref, has to suit up and BE the ref for the next three games.  Brilliant!  

• Botch
    Options
    On another forum I was reminded of possibly the most disturbing bit of video I've seen (TV or intranetz).  This blows the Pepperoni Hug Spot out of the water, and it appeared a couple years earlier.  Enjoy, or not:

https://youtu.be/3gSHshAfqdc

• lousubcap
    Options
    Some entertainment from last night's White House State Dinner:
    One last thing: President Yoon surprised his audience at the White House Wednesday evening with an impromptu rendition of what he said was his favorite song, "American Pie," by Don McLean. The Associated Press preserved the moment in video, posted to YouTube, here.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Options

We've now gone far enough into computerized photo manipulation that I can't be sure this isn't 'chopped.  I'm pretty good at noticing color temp changes/ shadow mistakes to spot a fake, I can't see any evidence in the above photo. 

And yet, and yet...

This is almost too perfect; you can't get six human subjects to match this well.  Greatest photo of all time IF it's real. 

(looking again, I see at least three paws that appear to have more than 5 toes, but the outside ones may be tufts of fur, I don't know.)

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:

We've now gone far enough into computerized photo manipulation that I can't be sure this isn't 'chopped.  I'm pretty good at noticing color temp changes/ shadow mistakes to spot a fake, I can't see any evidence in the above photo. 

And yet, and yet...

This is almost too perfect; you can't get six human subjects to match this well.  Greatest photo of all time IF it's real. 

(looking again, I see at least three paws that appear to have more than 5 toes, but the outside ones may be tufts of fur, I don't know.)

We used to have a polydactyl cat (also called a "Hemingway") named Darwin with around 5 extra toes.  Didn't know if that was a thing in other cat species. Or not.

Options
    I keep waiting for them to sing bohemian rhapsody, but maybe that's not a thing with cats.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    such a classic

forgot about this

https://youtu.be/K1ljOcl39PQ
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I think I want to ask how old the kid is first.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    I think I want to ask how old the kid is first.

You definitely can’t trust college students around petting zoos.  It’s all fun and games until a sheep gets some “heavy petting”
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    Botch said:

And yet, and yet...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1434737269/1-midjourney-prompt-for-realistic

Looks like a fun bunch of pictures.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    Cute...

XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Some lines from last night's White House Correspondents Dinner:

MOST MEMORABLE LINES: 

— Biden taking a crack at his age: “I believe in the First Amendment. Not just because my good friend JIMMY MADISONwrote it. … You say I’m ancient; I say I’m wise. You say I’m over the hill; Don Lemon would say that’s a man ‘in his prime.’

— Biden on Fox News’ recent costly defamation settlement: “It’s great the cable news networks are here tonight. MSNBC, owned by NBCUniversal. Fox News, owned by Dominion Voting Systems. … Last year, your favorite Fox reporters were able to attend because they were fully vaccinated and boosted. This year, with that $787 million settlement, they’re here because they can’t say no to a free meal.”

— Biden on DeSantis: “I had a lot of Ron DeSantis jokes ready, but Mickey Mouse beat the hell out of me and got to them first.”

Biden on RUPERT MURDOCH’s age: “How can I dislike a guy who makes me look like HARRY STYLES?”

— Wood, taking the podium right after Biden: “Real quick, Mr. President, I think you left some of your classified documents up here. ... I’ll put them in a safe place. He don’t know where to keep them.”

— Wood on VP KAMALA HARRIS getting grilled in the media: “I think the most insulting scandal of the Biden administration was placed at the feet of our Madam Vice President. The scandal of: ‘What does Kamala do?’ … That’s a disrespectful question, because nobody ever asked that question of the vice president until a woman got the job. I don’t know what MIKE PENCE did. The only thing I know about Mike Pence is that he’s really good at playing hide-and-seek at the Capitol.”

— Wood on Carlson’s recent firing: “Some people are celebrating. But to Tucker’s staff: I want you to know that I know what you’re feeling. I work at ‘The Daily Show,’ so I, too, have been blindsided by the sudden departure of the host of a fake-news program.”

— Wood on the Dominion lawsuit: “Fox claimed Dominion conspired with the Democrats to rig the election. The Democrats should be flattered that they thought that y’all was smart enough to rig an election.”

— Wood on Lemon’s firing: “Yes, Don Lemon was a diva and he said a couple of women are raggedy in the face. But that’s a promotion at Fox News.”

— Wood on recent reporting about the Supreme Court: “We can all see CLARENCE THOMAS, but he belongs to billionaire HARLAN CROW. And that’s what an NFT is.”

— Wood on Biden’s age: “When the retirement age went up two years to 64 [in France], they rioted because they didn’t want to work till 64. Meanwhile in America, we have an 80-year-old man begging usfor four more years of work.”

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    @paqman - but think of the joy of the reasoning process on the horizon... B)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    that one was acceptable, but being a vegan in maine is not. this one was taken away

Peter Starostecki sits with kids in front of his LUVTOFU plate

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    edited May 2023
    Options
    paqman said:

Good night! That pan will never come clean on the top rack!

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Kayak said:
    paqman said:

Good night! That pan will never come clean on the top rack!

if you turn the pan over you could cook up a dishwasher chicken
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it