Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Due to its potency I use Walkerswood spicy jerk marinade by weight. It has been tricky/messy to weigh out such small quantity, until tonight when I realised I've been doing it wrong all these years.

Instead of weighing the amount from the jar, just tare the whole thing on the scale and scoop out until the scale registers the amount required in negative. Better late than never I guess  :)

Your neighborhood street pharmacist has the same gram scale, albeit weighing different grams……
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just watched a new to me show ... "Curb your Enthusiasm". Seen clips of it, but never the whole thing.  Pretty funny and cringy at the same time.
    I love Seinfeld and CYE is like a much more awkward, cringey version. There’s an episode featuring Michael J. Fox where Larry David goes to his house and Larry is served a soda that explodes when he opens it. He accuses Michael J. Fox of having shaken his soda. 

If you like that style of humour at all, check out Peepshow. It’s a British comedy featuring two young male roommates and it’s all kinds of wrong and funny. Really a well-done show. 

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    -41F with wind chill. 

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options

Picking up a tractor for my friend. @SGH
    there needs to be a love button..what year is it?..pre or post DEF?
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Getting ready to do @YukonRon Peach Preserve Boston Butt method for my Egging neighbor's 50th wedding anniversary celebration this coming Saturday. Brined these two 9.5 lb butts for 24 hours then rinsed, patted dry, and air dried in the Fridge for another 24 hours. Will start overnight cook on Friday. 

Neighbor is also cooking two 9.5 lb Butts so there should be enough for the 35 or so folks coming to party. Will deliver on Saturday morning. 
    You’re a good neighbour and friend. That’s a really nice gesture. Hope you’ll get to enjoy some of it yourself!
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @billt01 it’s a 2020, I didn’t see any place to put def. My buddy paid the guys loan off, it has 15hrs on it. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Thanks @GrateEggspectations - learning experience with this cook. Used two HDAF pans and added Peach preserves to the bottom of the pans then put Boston Butt into pan, moved it around, food grade gloves on and flipped the Butt 180 degrees. Added additional preserve and seasoning :
    Took pan out to egg table, opened egg lid and put spiced side on the grate. Put new food grade gloves on, took the rest of the peach preserve from the pan and spread quickly over the top and ends of Butt. Then spiced those surfaces. Rinse and repeat for the second Butt. 
    Smoke set up and cleaned up the kitchen. Hope the bark comes out good. Edit - fixed typo.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    Heavy rainstorm hitting here. Lost power twice now. 
    Boston Butt IT at 137 degrees. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,748
    Options
    19f below tonight with 40 mph gusts. wondering what 54 below feels like and or can you feel it at all
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,038
    Options
    I do not think they understood the purpose of a chair rail.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    19f below tonight with 40 mph gusts. wondering what 54 below feels like and or can you feel it at all
    Was in Portland all week and got out just in time. 

However, i was in ND one winter and believe the ambient temp was -36 and with wind chills around -60. 

The inside of your nose starts to freeze with every breath. Not a pleasant memory

Stay safe
    Greensboro, NC
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    However, i was in ND one winter and believe the ambient temp was -36 and with wind chills around -60. 

The inside of your nose starts to freeze with every breath. Not a pleasant memory
    Worst I dispatched in the missile field was -28, dead calm.  Did see a day with -85˚windchills, all field Mx was cancelled and the missile crews/cops had to pull double (48-hour) shifts.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Been ice fishing on Sebec Lake, NW of Bangor when it’s 25/30 below. Not a breeze in sight, beautiful bluebird sky. Had to skim the holes every 30 minutes to keep them open. Grabbing fish out of the hole was just like touching a stove. Burned like hell
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Been ice fishing on Sebec Lake, NW of Bangor when it’s 25/30 below. Not a breeze in sight, beautiful bluebird sky. Had to skim the holes every 30 minutes to keep them open. Grabbing fish out of the hole was just like touching a stove. Burned like hell
    Been out in the 20 belows too, but never in 40mph gusts.already have a frozen sink at ten below
    fukahwee maine

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    My Dad just texted that his local news was reporting Bangor at -37 wind chill and Caribou -45.  Mt Washington may break their record for coldest wind chill tonight (currently -102.6); calling for -42 air temp and 85 mph winds.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I had to swim through a lake of supercritical carbon dioxide and walk up a 10,000 foot hill barefoot to school when I waz a kid.
    Options
    That is how life should be lived.  Great evening with a return to a favourite  (nod) place.  Looks like a wonderful place to spend many an evening enjoying great company (SWMBO for tonight's win and many prior I'm sure) , fine beverages and tasty food .
    Sweet looking room and a stylin' burger with pomme frites right there.
    Stay healthy and safe out there.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Just finished a new cleaver. The last one I made cracked. I got lucky and the scabbard fit this one 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Packing. Headed to Guatemala for a week with the 4 boys.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Acn said:
    My Dad just texted that his local news was reporting Bangor at -37 wind chill and Caribou -45.  Mt Washington may break their record for coldest wind chill tonight (currently -102.6); calling for -42 air temp and 85 mph winds.
    Yikes!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• fishlessman
    Options
    Botch said:
    Acn said:
    Yikes!  
    They are measuring wind chill at Ave wind speeds, the gusts are two times higher
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Is that a Twinkie?
    Options
    Is that a Twinkie?
    I’m guessing it is a piece of fruit. Mango, maybe. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Ok, then the wife had the beer.
    edited February 2023
    Options
    No way to make that joke and it not come across poorly.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS