Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kenji Lopez-Alt - dead to me.

Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
edited January 2023 in EggHead Forum
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/01/j-kenji-lopez-alt-induction-gas-stove-electric-coil/672897/

Hopefully Kenji doesn't see this.  I still really like him, and am using hyperbole to drive engagement.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• Devastating.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    Interesting approach.  Nailed the underlying issue-change. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I want to change when I want to change.  I don't want to change because some high horse politician accepted some kick back from the EE Cabal and force me to change.

Also, now we have massive issue with pots and pans that won't work on induction cook tops.  Imagine the waste and environmental destruction making all new pans for everyone?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Obama is going to take your stove.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Legume said:
    Obama is going to take your stove.
    My senator told me if I like my stove I can keep my stove or I can shop for a new stove in the open stove marketplace durning the months of August to September 
  • I want to change when I want to change.  I don't want to change because some high horse politician accepted some kick back from the EE Cabal and force me to change.

Also, now we have massive issue with pots and pans that won't work on induction cook tops.  Imagine the waste and environmental destruction making all new pans for everyone?
    So you’re saying you have a pot problem?
  • Legume
    I want to change when I want to change.  I don't want to change because some high horse politician accepted some kick back from the EE Cabal and force me to change.

So you’re saying you have a pot problem?
    won't light with induction 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    Those kids ovens with 100watt light bulbs. Bring them back with led for the big kids
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Those kids ovens with 100watt light bulbs. Bring them back with led for the big kids

A previous thread lead me to check with my sister, she still has her dual lightbulb Easy-Bake Oven.  @nolaegghead has a single bulb model if remembering correctly. 
    I bet with some HDAF mods they could take high power LEDs.   🙂
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I heard you cannot even boil water on an induction oven.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    dbCooper said:

A previous thread lead me to check with my sister, she still has her dual lightbulb Easy-Bake Oven.  @nolaegghead has a single bulb model if remembering correctly. 
    I bet with some HDAF mods they could take high power LEDs.   🙂

Alton Brown cooked a pizza with stage lighting in his first show.
    NOLA
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 359
    edited February 2023
    A friend of mine has one that came with the house he bought. Before I bought my BlueStar range, he tried hard to talk me into getting an induction stove. According to him, it boils water very very fast. For me, the deciding factor was that they all have a smooth glass top. It happens that I hate glass tops. Right now I'm very happy with the gas BlueStar stove... and neither his liking for the induction range or mine for my gas one are politically based.
    Neither is my strong dislike for glass top stoves.

Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Legume
    Corv said:
    A friend of mine has one that came with the house he bought. Before I bought my BlueStar range, he tried hard to talk me into getting an induction stove. According to him, it boils water very very fast. For me, the deciding factor was that they all have a smooth glass top. It happens that I hate glass tops. Right now I'm very happy with the gas BlueStar stove... and neither his liking for the induction range or mine for my gas one are politically based.
    Neither is my strong dislike for glass top stoves.

I had a regular electric glass top years ago and didn't like it at all.  I have a 36" gas cooktop now that I really like, but it s old and scratched and when we redo our kitchen we'll have a decision to make.  If they can fix the issues with gas stoves, great.  If not, I hope there are induction options that aren't glass top.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    I saw him put beans in chili on a video today. But I still like him . 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    texaswig said:
    I saw him put beans in chili on a video today. But I still like him . 
    He did that after he showed the "proper" way.  I always put beans in my chili, so that won me back over.
  • I prefer his brother anyway, Kenji Lopez-Main.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I prefer his brother anyway, Kenji Lopez-Main.
    I like his sister Kenji Lopez-Cntrl
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    I prefer his brother anyway, Kenji Lopez-Main.
    I like his sister Kenji Lopez-Cntrl
    I’m a bigger fan of Susan…
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    geeeez I must miss a helluva lot not watching TV!

I have no clue what you guys are referring to
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 675
    I cook gas induction chile with extra beans. 

Or is that gas inducing chili? 

Publick skool taut me well. 

current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    danhoo said:
    I cook gas induction chile with extra beans. 

Or is that gas inducing chili? 

Publick skool taut me well. 

@AlmaHolzhert would agree.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    I still think Kenji is @nolaegghead Doppelgänger 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523

proof that one can continue to try to fix something until it breaks..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    @RRP Do you know who Kenji Lopez? If you don't you should look him up. He's got some really good thorough and scientific breakdowns of recipes. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • texaswig said:
    @RRP Do you know who Kenji Lopez? If you don't you should look him up. He's got some really good thorough and scientific breakdowns of recipes. 
    Here's a good beef stew recipe from him that Ron might appreciate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIdlVi-VzPY
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    texaswig said:

John and @texaswig - I never said I didn't know who Kenji Lopez was! I said: 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    RRP said:
    texaswig said:

Kenji had released a chili con carne video.  After he said his ending spiel, he came back and said he put beans in his chili.

Also, all the names were plays on Kenji's name, except Susan.  That one went whoosh right by me.
  • RRP said:
    texaswig said:

Kenji had released a chili con carne video.  After he said his ending spiel, he came back and said he put beans in his chili.

Also, all the names were plays on Kenji's name, except Susan.  That one went whoosh right by me.
    I just try to keep in mind that @saluki2007 doesn't tell jokes that are funny, and that helps.  
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    texaswig said:

That stew has peas in it.  Kenji is dead to me.
    NOLA