Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Options

Comments

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    ^^^ - Getting fresh air in my lungs and air or boat travel to a foreign land might be difficult. Would we still need to nuke hurricanes to protect the dome? Would the dome cross Canadian and Mexican borders?  Such a well thought out plan from our wannabe peerless leader.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Wasn't the Georgia DA supposed to give the ye/nay to indictments against cheeto and friends this week?  It's 5:30 pm Friday in Atlanta right now...  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options

Well, the rule seems to hold - every accusation is really an admission.  McCarthy et al are going to investigate weaponizing the FBI for political gain.  Yup.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    How low can CHEETO go?  The Big Boy weapons of mass destruction should not be a thought in the above.  Playing to the base, looking for a pulse.   Another totally media-grabbing comment around nukes.  
    Even Putin used the term for scare tactics. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Options
    He's bought.  He's just following the script Putin sends him (and others).

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Legume said:
    He's bought.  He's just following the script Putin sends him (and others).

You may be right but I think that the reality is much simpler than that.  My opinion is that they are useful idiots.

Options
    I really want to see Santos as the Cheeto's pick for Veep. I don't think there's enough popcorn in the world for that freak show. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    MTG is sucking up (you read it first here!) for that spot.  Regardless, the CHEETO road clown show will be reality TV at the low point.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Options
    Nah, not a cult.

• lousubcap
    Options
    The Manhattan district attorney’s office began presenting evidence to a grand jury yesterday about former President Trump’s role in paying hush money to adult film actress Stormy Daniels during his 2016 presidential campaign. The decision to impanel a grand jury to focus on the hush money represents a dramatic escalation in the inquiry and lays the groundwork for potential criminal charges against the former president in the coming months. William K. Rashbaum, Ben Protess, Jonah E. Bromwich and Hurubie Meko report for the New York Times. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    I'm sure his current attorney wrote that "tweet" for him.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I'm sure his current attorney wrote that "tweet" for him.
    Yes, otherwise we would be reading about how the “statue of limitations” is way better than the Statue of Liberty.
    Options
    They still walk among us, but their numbers are dwindling.

https://youtu.be/kPNwJAcMH5U

"RALLY" = Really A Lot Less than Yesterday

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    The noose continues to slowly tighten:

Former Vice President Mike Pence has been subpoenaed by the special counsel investigating former President Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election. The move by the Justice Department represents a significant escalation of the probe into the former president. It is unclear whether Pence will comply with the subpoena, having reportedly told people privately that he has concerns about testifying against Trump because of executive privilege. Josh Dawsey and Perry Stein report for the Washington Post

Former national security adviser Robert O’Brien has been subpoenaed by the special counsel investigating Trump. O’Brien may have information relating to both the investigation into efforts to overturn the 2020 election and the probe into the handling of classified documents found at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence. O’Brien has been asserting executive privilege in declining to provide some of the information that prosecutors are seeking from him, according to a source familiar with the matter. Zachary Cohen and Paula Reid report for CNN

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Some interesting analysis of the Pence subpoena, here:

https://statuskuo.substack.com/p/mike-pence-gets-a-grand-jury-subpoena?sd=pf
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    edited February 2023
    Options
    The forensics on her laptop and thumb drive could be interesting. Or it could be a nothingburger. We'll see.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

• Legume
    Options
    He is the most cleverest at clevering.  I'll bet he took a clever test and scored very highly.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    He is the most cleverest at clevering.  I'll bet he took a clever test and scored very highly.
    It was probably even professionally administered.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    woah
    Options

"The special grand jury that investigated election interference by former President Trump and his allies in Georgia recommended multiple indictments in its final report, the foreperson of the jury said yesterday. The foreperson, Emily Kohrs, declined to name the people recommended for indictment since the judge handling the case decided to keep those details secret when he made public a few sections of the report last week. When asked whether the jurors had recommended indicting Trump, she would not answer directly, instead saying: “You’re not going to be shocked. It’s not rocket science.” Danny Hakim reports for the New York Times

Former President Trump spent roughly $10 million from his political action committee on his own legal fees last year. The money was part of more than $16 million that Trump’s PAC, Save America, spent for legal-related payments in 2021 and 2022, federal election filings show. Some of the $16 million appears to have been for lawyers representing witnesses in investigations related to Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election results, but the majority of it went to firms directly representing Trump in a string of investigations and lawsuits, including some related to his company. Maggie Haberman reports for the New York Times."

• lousubcap
    Options
    "Former President Trump’s daughter Ivanka and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, have been subpoenaed to testify before a federal grand jury about Trump’s efforts to remain in power following his 2020 election loss. The decision by special counsel, Jack Smith, to issue the subpoena is the latest sign that no potential high-level witness is off limits to the investigation. It is unclear whether Trump will seek to block his daughter and Kushner from testifying on the grounds of executive privilege, as he has tried with some other witnesses. Maggie Haberman and Michael S. Schmidt report for the New York Times. "

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Legume said:
    This seems to be trendy, all these geni-asses takin' tests.

There’s always a tweet: