Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Hungry Hussey With The New Blackstone Pizza Oven

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Looks like Matt is closing in on 150K subscribers - good for him. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • WeberWho
    CTMike said:
    Looks like Matt is closing in on 150K subscribers - good for him. 
    In one of his more recent videos he mentions that he going to be jumping into it as a full-time content creator. I wish him all the best. 

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,427
    That's some good groceries right there!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Going to sell at an introductory price point of $800 based on what I’ve heard, rising to $1000 or so.  Not a bad price point given that it comes with a cart and peel.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    Going to sell at an introductory price point of $800 based on what I’ve heard, rising to $1000 or so.  Not a bad price point given that it comes with a cart and peel.  
    It will be interesting to see how well they sell with a bigger pizza oven market this time around. I wonder if Blackstone will be selling the pizza oven through big box stores. I know with Lowes in the past they have had really good end of the year clearance sales with the previous Blackstone pizza oven. 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho said:
    Going to sell at an introductory price point of $800 based on what I’ve heard, rising to $1000 or so.  Not a bad price point given that it comes with a cart and peel.  
    It will be interesting to see how well they sell with a bigger pizza oven market this time around. I wonder if Blackstone will be selling the pizza oven through big box stores. I know with Lowes in the past they have had really good end of the year clearance sales with the previous Blackstone pizza oven. 
    The rotating stone is something that’s fairly unique, but I’m not sure it justifies the higher price point.  Still, BS has a devoted customer base - I bet these end up selling pretty well.   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,427
    Yep and Walmart usually has decent deals at the end of the season..... There just isn't a time when pizza season ends.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    Here's a video that shows it in action:

https://youtu.be/1NxpChEgQHg

Minnesota
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    I wonder if J. Kenji approves of the looks of this new version.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    lookin' good @tarheelmatt !

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Oh that’s @tarheelmatt ?? Very cool.  I still have the old blackstone pizza oven - I assume not many of them still alive, not built to last, but I still love it.   

This new model looks more substantial for sure, wonder how the footprint compares ?? And can you take the legs off like previous models ?? 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • HeavyG
    NDG said:
    Oh that’s @tarheelmatt ?? Very cool.  I still have the old blackstone pizza oven - I assume not many of them still alive, not built to last, but I still love it.   

This new model looks more substantial for sure, wonder how the footprint compares ?? And can you take the legs off like previous models ?? 

They need to also sell it sans cart as I bet a lot of people would rather just place it on a counter anyway and would save a hundred bucks or two.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    @HeavyG thanks - yes sans cart would be nice.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • WeberWho
    HeavyG said:
    NDG said:

They need to also sell it sans cart as I bet a lot of people would rather just place it on a counter anyway and would save a hundred bucks or two.

Someone on the Brethren thinks the countertop one is different. They mentioned the countertop one is 15" and not 16" like the cart and the burner design is closer in design to the old Blackstone pizza oven then the new one. I'm just going off a comment on the Brethren and the $459 price tag of the countertop version. 

Minnesota
  • HeavyG
    Just going by the pix above taken off the Blackstone website which says "easy transfer from cart to countertop" I have to take them at their word.
    I have no idea what the actual deal is tho.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they do have another tabletop model that might be a different size - just like they offered griddles of differing sizes/prices.

• WeberWho
    edited January 2023
    HeavyG said:
    Just going by the pix above taken off the Blackstone website which says "easy transfer from cart to countertop" I have to take them at their word.
    I have no idea what the actual deal is tho.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they do have another tabletop model that might be a different size - just like they offered griddles of differing sizes/prices.

That's interesting. I bet you're right with the two different sizes and the one in the picture being removable. 

It seems like it has been some big secret for the last year with the Blackstone pizza oven. Blackstone finally releases the 2.0 version but with little to no promotion for the launch and it sounds like it's only going to be sold through Blackstone initially. They will eventually sell to big box stores but not anytime soon according to a comment from someone who works with Blackstone. The PR has been awful. I'd imagine it has a lot to do with the 22" griddle pizza oven they still have on the market. That had to be a big swing and miss for Blackstone. They needed to sell and clear those out before any word of this pizza oven. That's just my best guess. 

Minnesota
  • I think the cart could use a larger font.  It’s really hard to tell, at first glance, who the manufacturer is.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    What's a Hussey and if it's a cooking show why is the Hussey hungry?
  • HeavyG
    ^^ Asking the real questions.

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    edited January 2023
    Legume said:
    Big brain thoughts. Does this guy's food suck? Why is he hungry? Is the YouTube life not enough to support a calorie rich diet? Is Mr. Hussey in caloric deficit? DOES HE NEED HELP? So many questions.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    FrostyEgg said:
    Legume said:
    Big brain thoughts. Does this guy's food suck? Why is he hungry? Is the YouTube life not enough to support a calorie rich diet? Is Mr. Hussey in caloric deficit? DOES HE NEED HELP? So many questions.
    Probably needs to trade that expensive riding mower in for a push mower.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    @Legume don't start running down fat dudes on nice riding mowers. It may hurt my feelings. You should check out some of his videos. Maybe It'll teach you how to cook. 😉 @tarheelmatt has worked hard on building a good channel. I'm glad he's doing well. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    FrostyEgg said:
    Legume said:
    One of the forum's own, and he can throw down some good eats. Pork belly, smoked like a brisket, was one of those. Delicious.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    edited January 2023
    Haha I know, just making a joke. I'll have to check out the pork belly done brisket style. I've always just done belly burnt ends.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    FrostyEgg said:
    Haha I know, just making a joke. I'll have to check out the pork belly done brisket style. I've always just done belly burnt ends.
    That was a Butt Blast exclusive my friend. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    NDG said:

I still have one of the original ones as well. I love mine. I think I ended up paying $260  USD I think it was at Lowes. They were hard to get up here so I went down to get one. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,507
    hondabbq said:
    NDG said:

I still have one of the original ones as well. I love mine. I think I ended up paying $260  USD I think it was at Lowes. They were hard to get up here so I went down to get one. 
    Welcome back!
    One of my regrets- not buying the last clearance original BS at a local Lowes for around CAD 160-170'ish IIRC. Wasn't into pizza those days.
    canuckland
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    hondabbq said:
    NDG said:

Welcome back!
    One of my regrets- not buying the last clearance original BS at a local Lowes for around CAD 160-170'ish IIRC. Wasn't into pizza those days.
    I bought a clearance one at Lowe’s, love it!  How can you NOT be into pizza?

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario