Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Hungry Hussey With The New Blackstone Pizza Oven

Options
2»

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    GlennM said:
    hondabbq said:
    NDG said:
    Oh that’s @tarheelmatt ?? Very cool.  I still have the old blackstone pizza oven - I assume not many of them still alive, not built to last, but I still love it.   

This new model looks more substantial for sure, wonder how the footprint compares ?? And can you take the legs off like previous models ?? 
    I still have one of the original ones as well. I love mine. I think I ended up paying $260  USD I think it was at Lowes. They were hard to get up here so I went down to get one. 
    Welcome back!
    One of my regrets- not buying the last clearance original BS at a local Lowes for around CAD 160-170'ish IIRC. Wasn't into pizza those days.
    I bought a clearance one at Lowe’s, love it!  How can you NOT be into pizza?

Nice looking pie, Glenn. Curious to your dough and oven temps you’re using?
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,580
    Options
    @GlennM lol, I meant the rabbit hole  =)
    canuckland
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    NDG said:
    Oh that’s @tarheelmatt ?? Very cool.  I still have the old blackstone pizza oven - I assume not many of them still alive, not built to last, but I still love it.   

This new model looks more substantial for sure, wonder how the footprint compares ?? And can you take the legs off like previous models ?? 
    I still have one of the original ones as well. I love mine. I think I ended up paying $260  USD I think it was at Lowes. They were hard to get up here so I went down to get one. 
    Welcome back!
    One of my regrets- not buying the last clearance original BS at a local Lowes for around CAD 160-170'ish IIRC. Wasn't into pizza those days.
    I have been around for the last while just not posting much. 
    I know I got the second last one at Lowes in Grand Forks. Im thinking back now and I think with the exchange it was 260 CAD
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,734
    Options
    GlennM said:
    hondabbq said:
    NDG said:

Welcome back!

Now that is one great looking pie!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,367
    Options
    GlennM said:
    hondabbq said:
    NDG said:

Welcome back!

Nice looking pie, Glenn. Curious to your dough and oven temps you’re using?
    I bake it fast and as hot as my oven will go. Use 00 flour and the pizza calc recipe from http://www.atweimer.com/PizzaDough.html. I usually drop the yeast and use a sourdough starter adjusting for the flour and water in the starter. Cold ferment for 36-48 hrs 
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    NDG said:
    Made blackstone ZA tonight - after yrs & yrs of R&D I have perfect 24 hr dough recipe, baked on blackstone at 700F.  Do you have an active SourDough culture?  I would be happy to help if interested @tarheelmatt

I do not brother , but would love to know and learn more!  

Let’s get together! 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,515
    Options
    NDG said:
    Made blackstone ZA tonight - after yrs & yrs of R&D I have perfect 24 hr dough recipe, baked on blackstone at 700F.  Do you have an active SourDough culture?  I would be happy to help if interested @tarheelmatt

Your window sign fell down, was it the Chef's B-day, or were you celebrating Nat'l Popcorn Day?  Bottom crust was spot-on!

Hope you got thru today's weather okay, I understand WPAFB/Dayton got clobbered.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Yes Bday sign is down, tanks a million @botch =)  Chef turned 7 on 17th, trying to keep it together into the weekend for her friends bday party tmrw.  Tape on window is failing, we have accepted.

Here is my fav part, the dinner she requested for friends bday party = tofu stir fry   :o   Trying to figure out a way to do our normal stir fry for the masses, such a batch cook, not many good options.  I just love how they love food, and cooking 😎
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @tarheelmatt congrats on the channel! Good stuff!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    I was (and guess I still am) a huge fan of the blackstone oven.  I gave one of these to my sister, and another to a good friend after retooling with other oven setups.  I have to admit seeing the new model has me interested in buying one, you know for science and comparison purposes ...

• NDG
    Options
    @cookingdude555 brings a tear to my eye.  the last of a dying breed.  Hold em close & Love em while they are around.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @tarheelmatt congrats on the channel! Good stuff!
    Thanks man! Appreciate it!
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    NDG said:
    @cookingdude555 brings a tear to my eye.  the last of a dying breed.  Hold em close & Love em while they are around.
    Well … uh … I already let them go. I think the new owners are happy with them. Although I know my friend got an ooni recently so he might be paying it forward to someone else. He asked if I wanted it back and I told him to make someone else’s day with it. 
  • NDG
    Options
    NDG said:
    Well … uh … I already let them go. I think the new owners are happy with them. Although I know my friend got an ooni recently so he might be paying it forward to someone else. He asked if I wanted it back and I told him to make someone else’s day with it. 
    Oh, I missed that detail.
    Columbus, OH