Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    More Magpul “stuff”. The sale gets me every damn time
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    kl8ton said:

I've been eyeing these for about 5 years or more. Local dude refurbishes these sleepy hollow chairs. Finally pulled the trigger. This is a Carl Forslund/Rip Van Lee with the wood arm rests. Deposit paid. Should be done tomorrow.
    That looks like a beautiful napping chair.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    edited December 2022
    ColbyLang said:
    Ok I’m afraid to look.   What did you pick up?   I really don’t want to look—I can see my wallet dancing in anxiety.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • kl8ton said:

I've been eyeing these for about 5 years or more. Local dude refurbishes these sleepy hollow chairs. Finally pulled the trigger. This is a Carl Forslund/Rip Van Lee with the wood arm rests. Deposit paid. Should be done tomorrow.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    Ok I’m afraid to look.   What did you pick up?   I really don’t want to look—I can see my wallet dancing in anxiety.  
    AR-10 mags. Some M Lok rail accessories and a bipod
  • TechsasJim
    Awesome!  
  • TechsasJim
    Threw 2 of my Vokey wedges in the pond today (part of my annual wedge purge).   Will be off to PGA Superstore Monday.   56 and 60
  • Threw 2 of my Vokey wedges in the pond today (part of my annual wedge purge).   Will be off to PGA Superstore Monday.   56 and 60
    Sold all my Vokeys, and bought PXG wedges, irons, and woods.  Love the PXG forged clubs!
  • TechsasJim
    @littlerascal56

many guys I play with love the PXG lineup.   

Been a Titleist guy for a very long time, don’t see me changing other than to upgrade to newer models.  Just works for me.  

I purge 2 wedges annually bc I wear the grooves off.   I don’t practice the bag much but do short game/trap so my 56/60 I treat as disposable.  
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited December 2022
    Was a 100% Titleist guy till the epoxy failed on my T200 irons.  Launched a couple of heads on the course.  They told me to ship back to factory and would repair in 8 weeks. Wrong answer.  Sold all my Titleist irons & woods, and went 100% PXG.  Much better feel, and top notch materials & build.  The only Titleist in my bag are ProV-1’s now!
    BTW….I replace my irons & wedges every spring, cause I’m a club whore! LOL
  • TechsasJim
    Was a 100% Titleist guy till the epoxy failed on my T200 irons.  Launched a couple of heads on the course.  They told me to ship back to factory and would repair in 8 weeks. Wrong answer.  Sold all my Titleist irons & woods, and went 100% PXG.  Much better feel, and top notch materials & build.  The only Titleist in my bag are ProV-1’s now!
    yep I can understand that.    Titleist did get a bad batch of epoxy and that happened to a lot of clubs.   They fixed/repaired for free but the downtime wasn’t ideal.  

I have played Titleist for over 30yrs and have never had an issue thank goodness.   
  • I switched to PXGs irons about 2 years ago (during their Covid deals) and have really enjoyed them. Haven’t been able to get rid of my 56° & 60° Vokey’s but if they run the sugar daddy’s extremely low again I may jump on the sale. Love the feel and trajectory of my PXG irons! 
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited December 2022
    You will love the Sugar Daddy wedges. Better feel than the Vokeys! And so forgiving for sure.
    Love my PXG Gen 3 irons, and plan to get Gen 5 this spring.  Driver, 3wd, hybrid are Gen4, and I hit them great.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    I have enjoyed my bipod so far. Do need to send a mag back, it cracked so bad it won’t retain rounds anymore. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• TechsasJim
    I have tens of Magpul mags and they e been great, but they can’t all be great.  

Jealous of the bipods…that means you likely have blind rests.   I usually shoot off a telescopic monopod during stalks or ground blind hunts.   
  • 45-70 405 gn wad cutters. I need to back to reloading shvt is getting expensive 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• 45-70 405 gn wad cutters. I need to back to reloading shvt is getting expensive 
    I just sold 500 Lapua 338 Mag brass , 2-8# jugs of powder and 5000 Federal match Mag primers for triple what I paid for them in 2019.  Reloading components have gone crazy!
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    I have enjoyed my bipod so far. Do need to send a mag back, it cracked so bad it won’t retain rounds anymore. 
    Magpul makes quality stuff. I’m sure your workload on the mags is far greater than mine. We used to run carbine classes every other month (back when ammo was cheap), had to use metal mags as per the instructor. Have more M4 mags than I care to count. 
  • ColbyLang
    @littlerascal56

many guys I play with love the PXG lineup.   

Been a Titleist guy for a very long time, don’t see me changing other than to upgrade to newer models.  Just works for me.  

I purge 2 wedges annually bc I wear the grooves off.   I don’t practice the bag much but do short game/trap so my 56/60 I treat as disposable.  

That’s the one area of my game that needs the most work and gets the least attention. That and the ole putting tool. Tee to green are good……after that hmmm
  • TechsasJim
    Well that’s done, curbside pickup the 60* Vokey tomorrow.   Went with 4* bounce bc I love a solid flop shot.   
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Ordered a new trailer for the Kawasaki Mule. I have 2 that are to small (already sold one) and one that I’m currently using to haul it that is much to big. The one I ordered should be here early January.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Nice reverse flow off-set @bubbajack;  Hi Temp paint in green will get it done!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Any more pics? @bubbajack

Congrats!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • You will love the Sugar Daddy wedges. Better feel than the Vokeys! And so forgiving for sure.
    Love my PXG Gen 3 irons, and plan to get Gen 5 this spring.  Driver, 3wd, hybrid are Gen4, and I hit them great.
    I made the switch to PXG this summer and love them!  Still have the Titleist Vokey wedges.  Replace them every year as the sand soil here in Pinehurst wears them out PDQ!!  
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• ColbyLang
    I missed the PXG sale 2 weeks after getting my Callaway Rogues. My buddy got them, I can’t hit em for **** lol! 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    edited December 2022
    Can you take a selfie in front of it?

;)

Nice chair and ottoman!
    Clinton, Iowa