Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is your oldest “NEW DISCUSSION “ posted?

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,675
edited December 2022 in EggHead Forum
For some reason i looked to see mine. 

And a legend appeared 
https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/358293/turkey-legs#latest

I have cooked a lot of turkey legs from that post. 

What’s yours old man. 
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,806
    Options
    it shows up as 2004 but my first post was the end of 2001 about ordering an egg online. bge gave me the number of  hearthside distributors in tennessee. i got one of the first spring bands and they were made in mexico, they were replaced soon after that and bge started making the bands in the usa. the mexican bands were junk. the large including shipping was around $350. no dealers up here back then
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,170
    Options
    2015 is my oldest post w/new comments

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    Options
    the first one that shows up on the currant site. theres alot of missing discussions and comments back then and earlier.

small corned beef brisket

fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 30,521
    June 2003 edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
    2.75 pound corned beef brisket with .25 inch fat cap. i would like to cook this over night to have for breakfast. how low a temperature can you go and for how long so as to not dry out such a small piece of meat. i have done lots of large briskets at 225 F for 20 hours or so and they come out fine, but what would you do with a small one. would you drop the temp?, add water to a drip pan? it would be practical for me to cook 8 to 10 hours over night instead of a shorter cook.

fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    Options

still bothers me that the forum put her in lock down on my forum pic.  so much talent there.........
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options

still bothers me that the forum put her in lock down on my forum pic.  so much talent there.........

gotta be a forum thing, the maine fishing forum banned fukahwee maine as my location
    fukahwee maine

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,038
    Options
    I tracked down my original post for WeberWho. I must have had a different account when starting out as I know my very first post was weather related with the BGE. 

I did see this, "I finally convinced myself that it has the life time warranty and could be my only grill ever."

What an idiot. That clearly didn't happen. I also planned to ask a few questions and leave the forum in the rearview mirror. 10,323 posts later I'm still here. With the handle name, "WeberWho" as I didn't give it more than a few seconds thought as I didn't have plans of sticking around. Oh well. You're stuck with me now! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options
    Back in those days the original egg forum was still going strong 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    2012 for me. This year was my 10 year anniversary on the forum ha ha. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    April, 2015.  My debut.  Featured Mangrates, even.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    This one is a bit spicy ...

• Langner91
    Options
    I seem to have a lot of drafts saved....

Clinton, Iowa
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @RRP? Too soon to talk about it?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    My first discussion was asking how many packers could I fit on an XL and what hardware would I need to do so.  A friendly Bears fan replied “all of them.”
  • Langner91
    Options

I took a trip down the rabbit hole with that one. 

TL;DR: Dr. Chicken is no longer with us, so there is presumably a 50/50 chance Ron is getting his wish.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Back in those days the original egg forum was still going strong 

brought back memories looking for the first post.   drbbq ranting at ferman,   tweeve going after chubby........good times
    fukahwee maine

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,909
    Options
    No - I lost that $10K as Spence died years ago - I long ago chalked that up to trusting someone who I thought I had really gotten to know over many years...didn't obviously didn't!!
  • Bellavista52
    Options
    Mine was 2012, so it's my 10th year anniversary too!

XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina
  • fishlessman
    Options
    his ham recipe was really good, not worth 10k though
    fukahwee maine

• BlG_GREEN_DAVE
    Options
    Https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/57968/wives-and-the-bge

not my first post though. A lot of posts and comments were lost from the old forum, greeneggers.com
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    RRP said:
    No - I lost that $10K as Spence died years ago - I long ago chalked that up to trusting someone who I thought I had really gotten to know over many years...didn't obviously didn't!!
    I will give you the chance to redeem your thoughts about humanity.  Send me $25k, I will send you back the $10k dr.chicken owes you and then slowly repay the $10k you lent me.  $5k processing fee.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    RRP said:
    I will give you the chance to redeem your thoughts about humanity.  Send me $25k, I will send you back the $10k dr.chicken owes you and then slowly repay the $10k you lent me.  $5k processing fee.

Wow that's such a dumb deal! Unless..... you kick him FrEe Papa Murphys piZZa every Friday night for a year!

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,909
    Options
    Here's mine - I asked the late Car Wash Mike:

RRP Posts: 24,982
    July 2008 edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
    Yo Mike...I sent you a couple emails today as I am SO CONFUSED about your email from last night. Please respond, buddy...

Being that long ago I have no recollection what it was about or if I heard back from him, but I just imagine I did.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,666
    Options
    2012 for me. This year was my 10 year anniversary on the forum ha ha. 
    I joined in 2012 also. ‘‘Twas a good class.  B)

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    2012 for me as well.  Just looked and VI replied to my first post offering help, RIP.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    March 2013.  No replies!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    2012 here as well.  Brisket post about a month into egging.  I was so proud of that table that long ago be am firewood. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    March 2011 about a Canadian meat pie.