Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hows those gas prices

Comments

• HeavyG said:
    found it at 16.2 cents with a 4 year lock in, anyone see the price dropping over 4 years. its like blackmail, no it is blackmail
    I would grab it. It’s hard to see the DC Clown Posse 🤡 doing anything sensible for at least 3 years.

The New England states have always been among the most expensive for electricity rates.
    Hard to see what federal policies can/will/should do to change that.

Environmental permits to build pipelines to carry natural gas from the source to the need. A pipeline to export West  Virginia gas to the market was supposed to be Manchin’s price for the IRA vote. He should have gotten it in writing pre stamped by the federal agency before he voted. He got bupkiss.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,326
    HeavyG said:
    found it at 16.2 cents with a 4 year lock in, anyone see the price dropping over 4 years. its like blackmail, no it is blackmail
    I would grab it. It’s hard to see the DC Clown Posse 🤡 doing anything sensible for at least 3 years.

The New England states have always been among the most expensive for electricity rates.
    Hard to see what federal policies can/will/should do to change that.

Environmental permits to build pipelines to carry natural gas from the source to the need. A pipeline to export West  Virginia gas to the market was supposed to be Manchin’s price for the IRA vote. He should have gotten it in writing pre stamped by the federal agency before he voted. He got bupkiss.

Why would anyone want to build a pipeline to transport gas from WV to New England when Pennsylvania, which is significantly closer, already produces five times as much gas as WV?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Regardless it isn’t getting piped to New England from wherever.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    its dogooders and tiny states. the corridors were widened already to add the hydro electricity, 124 miles of 145 miles done. somehow adding more power next to an existing power line is bad for the environment and conservation in maine. it feeds into an existing new england grid, the glitch is that new england grid feeds into massachusetts, the deal was between mass and canada, maine dont like out of staters (the state that makes a living off tourists). its run by central maine power whos based in massachusetts, first thing after last years vote to stop the new lines cpm doubled the rates in maine, will most likely double them again this winter. (half the project is done, somebody has to pay up the 1/2 billion thats already been spent.

guess we just put in a 1/2 billion dollar off road trail

CMP corridor construction

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Yes I testified for years to obtain land for an elevated roadway from a port to an interstate. The Powers That Be didn’t like that they couldn’t put gas stations, Mickey Dees, and red lights at every intersection. They got a minority subdivision to go to court and got federal courts to block a federal project that a sizable chunk of a billion had already been spent on. I think my comment was I hope that you enjoy the banana trucks grinding on the highway. This is all public record except for my comment.
  • fishlessman
    Yes I testified for years to obtain land for an elevated roadway from a port to an interstate. The Powers That Be didn’t like that they couldn’t put gas stations, Mickey Dees, and red lights at every intersection. They got a minority subdivision to go to court and got federal courts to block a federal project that a sizable chunk of a billion had already been spent on. I think my comment was I hope that you enjoy the banana trucks grinding on the highway. This is all public record except for my comment.

a few towns over we paid for two big nuke plants. we got one working plant and tons of spare parts from the second one. then people went insane when they received their bill
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    Yes I testified for years to obtain land for an elevated roadway from a port to an interstate. The Powers That Be didn’t like that they couldn’t put gas stations, Mickey Dees, and red lights at every intersection. They got a minority subdivision to go to court and got federal courts to block a federal project that a sizable chunk of a billion had already been spent on. I think my comment was I hope that you enjoy the banana trucks grinding on the highway. This is all public record except for my comment.

a few towns over we paid for two big nuke plants. we got one working plant and tons of spare parts from the second one. then people went insane when they received their bill

Can you blame them? They all still believed this statement from the 1950's:

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    the parts for the second dome

The Indiana Jones Warehouse How to use FOIA to get

fukahwee maine

• Well at least they have spare parts for the first one on hand. My state has two nuclear power plants. All of the power is sold out of state.
  • HeavyG

Guarded by "top men"!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Cool, everything is in Hanger 51! 

Warehouse13 possibly?
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • fishlessman

the actual one i wish i did the metal shelving, i could have retired making shelves. all sandblasted white and epoxy painted. color coded for specific parts. whole place is climate/humidity controlled. thats how you store 300 billion dollars worth of parts in a salt marsh
    fukahwee maine

• Now below what it was a year ago.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    i will hit the agree button when diesels not about 40 percent higher than a year ago
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    its good to see new england playing its part to keep the national average high

fukahwee maine

• its good to see new england playing its part to keep the national average high

Is that legit the cheapest gas near you?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman

I can get it for ten cents less at mobile. That BP price is for cash, it's ten cents more if you put it on a card.   The bigger pain is kerosene, I'm buying it in mass 15 gallons a week and pouring it into the tank up north, I might keep that tank mostly empty as I expect the oil to get stolen this winter with the seasonal camps
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead

I can get it for ten cents less at mobile. That BP price is for cash, it's ten cents more if you put it on a card.   The bigger pain is kerosene, I'm buying it in mass 15 gallons a week and pouring it into the tank up north, I might keep that tank mostly empty as I expect the oil to get stolen this winter with the seasonal camps
    Jeeze man, it’s like you live in medieval times.
    I just need to retire and burn wood. Can't get a tank of kerosene and there's just the one electric co in town and they seem to know it
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Vote for a better local government.  What you are experiencing is unregulated capitolism.
    Actually State gas tax prices could have a little to do with it.
    Sure, $0.24 per gallon.  Gas would be practically free if they eliminated it.
    Actually State gas tax prices could have a little to do with it.

A little is correct. MA has a gas tax that is just a few cents per gallon more than LA. So what's a gallon of regular in LA these days - $2.90-ish? Guessing that $0.04 more per gallon gas tax in MA isn't a big contributor to the dollar more per gallon.

• nolaegghead
    Wish we had a civil engineer here that could advocate for gas tax to keep the roads and bridges tip top…
  • nolaegghead
    That is true.  Cheap gas in Cancer Alley 

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    cant you get K1 delivered to you camp? @fishlessman

the call-in customers are shut off with the shortage and the local fillup up stations wont fill their main tanks because of the prices with the shortage here. its over 7 a gallon if i could get it delivered and they are saying it might go to 11 this winter. last winter it was somewhere around 4 a gallon.  i dont use much, house is set for 54 degrees, if i want it warmer theres the wood stove.
    fukahwee maine