Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-2022 World Cup-first match Sunday 11/20-USA opens 11/21-2 PM (EST)-OT

Options

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Building up to the big game today.  
    Both teams will see this as their chance to stake a claim for the next round.  Each capable of winning and their last matches did little to shed light upon who's in the best form.
    There's of course the background of pressure and upheaval at home to contend with, and neither team wants to be taking he early flight of shame, even from this World Cup.  
    Plenty of passion and energy from both sides and it'll come down to how much influence the most talented for each team can achieve in a cagey tactical contest. Three goals shared, Wales pinch the win.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @CPFC1905 - Two goals in stoppage time at the close of the match.  Now us Yanks gotta win the Battle of the Pond today.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Building up to the big game today.  
    Both teams will see this as their chance to stake a claim for the next round.  Each capable of winning and their last matches did little to shed light upon who's in the best form.
    There's of course the background of pressure and upheaval at home to contend with, and neither team wants to be taking he early flight of shame, even from this World Cup.  
    Plenty of passion and energy from both sides and it'll come down to how much influence the most talented for each team can achieve in a cagey tactical contest. Three goals shared, Wales pinch the win.
    That's cute.  And while it seemed like a good prediction at the time (I would have agreed with it) clearly time has proven it to be wrong.

As for the US vs England match, I think that the first match for both teams "shed light upon who's in the best form".  However, I'm not so sure that form carries over from game to game the way most people think it does.  I think (hope) there will be a sense of desperation from the Yanks and possibly some complacency from the Brits - so the result might end up similar to that night in Rustenburg, South Africa 12 years ago when I was in attendance.  If only Robert Green were in the goal for the Three Lions...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    Options
    Foghorn said:

That's cute.  And while it seemed like a good prediction at the time (I would have agreed with it) clearly time has proven it to be wrong.

As for the US vs England match, I think that the first match for both teams "shed light upon who's in the best form".  However, I'm not so sure that form carries over from game to game the way most people think it does.  I think (hope) there will be a sense of desperation from the Yanks and possibly some complacency from the Brits - so the result might end up similar to that night in Rustenburg, South Africa 12 years ago when I was in attendance.  If only Robert Green were in the goal for the Three Lions...

Don't call us Brits,  the minor colonies to the north and west get a little chippy about that. 😁
    US of A will be energetic and could cause problems.  Complacency is less of a fear for us than of old.  Running out of ideas and using the subs too late a greater risk.  TBH we don't want to have to get a result off the Taffy's. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CPFC1905
    Options

He's a very peculiar creature.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Early on the US is leading in number of man-buns on the pitch, two-nil.
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Early on the US is leading in number of man-buns on the pitch, two-nil.
    Any idea on the dental situation 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Very clean first half.  I doubt it will end 0-0 as both sides have had their looks.  USA definitely improved their attacking posture as the half progressed.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Thank the lord that absolute dog of a match is over.  But you guys need a win against Iran who will only need a draw. 
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Legume said:

Legume said:

Kilometres 🤣🤣
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Thank the lord that absolute dog of a match is over.  But you guys need a win against Iran who will only need a draw. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Greatest victory since Yorktown?
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Sister kisser-but a point is a point.  Now to take care of business Tuesday.  
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Glad to see Messi get a goal and Argentina get 3 points.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    Options
    That was a typical Messi strike, powerful and elusive. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Great early goal by Canada.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    It's win or go home time for USA.  Time to get it done.  
  • Foghorn
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Yep.  We'll see what we're made of.

San Antonio, TX

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The cabbie who drove us to Heathrow was confident in our chances.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Still rooting for Ecuador here.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    US 1 Iran 0 at the half 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    US 1 Iran 0, final.  

Tough win but they pulled it out.  Some near misses by Iran towards the end.
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,113
    Options
    Classic example of "playing to win or not to lose".   We did our best to try and give that game away.   51% possession in first half.. maybe 15% for the last 1/3 of 2nd.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    US 1 Iran 0, final.  

Tough win but they pulled it out.  Some near misses by Iran towards the end.
    I am glad we won, but feel bad for those soon to be executed Iranian families.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS