Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hows those gas prices

Comments

• $2.87 regular and $4.47 diesel. Got the notification that electricity prices will be going up in the new year but I can still plug the car in for free in some places. Of course tonight some ice hole had their Sentra parked in front of one of the working chargers.
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited November 2022
    Local utility just sent out newsletter.  Natural Gas up 65%, and electric 30%. Trying to get customers ready for the next billing cycle! Luckily the “cold weather rule” will prevent the utilities from disconnects till next April, but many accounts will be in deep trouble by the spring.  
    Lets go Brandon!!!!
  • littlerascal56
    edited November 2022
    Sad but this trend is going to continue.  Dems have it all planned out.  Credit card debt has risen dramatically this year, and will continue to grow as the working class try’s to stay afloat and feed & provide for their families.  This administration just keeps telling us how “great” the economy is!  More lies, thinking people are stupid. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Got any, um, data or articles with data to back that up?  Or just pics of your tv?
  • Legume said:
    Got any, um, data or articles with data to back that up?  Or just pics of your tv?
    He’d show you the parts of the internet he’s printed out, but he can’t figure out how to fax them to the forum.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume said:
    He’d show you the parts of the internet he’s printed out, but he can’t figure out how to fax them to the forum.  
    Yes John….keeping running your mouth without engaging the brain.  I’m sure in your mind it makes sense, and makes you feel superior (and able to
    overcome your short man syndrome). Your few fanboys might get excited when they read your narcissistic posts, but the rest of the members are laughing at your posts. You are an “over educated idiot”.  
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Legume said:
    Yes John….keeping running your mouth without engaging the brain.  I’m sure in your mind it makes sense, and makes you feel superior (and able to
    overcome your short man syndrome). Your few fanboys might get excited when they read your narcissistic posts, but the rest of the members are laughing at your posts. You are an “over educated idiot”.  
    Little sniffer in college 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Legume
    Selective responding.  I’ll take that as a “nope, just pics of my tv”
  • littlerascal56
    edited November 2022
    Legume said:
    Take it as you like.  I get $200/hr for my consulting fees, so unless you plan to send me a check, you are going to have to do that research on your own time.  Try Google or Bing…lots of info out there if you keep an open mind. I’m sure your time is much cheaper than mine.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Legume said:

When someone is quoting "Tucker - the Titan of Television Truthiness" no further evidence is ever necessary.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume said:
    Take it as you like.  I get $200/hr for my consulting fees, so unless you plan to send me a check, you are going to have to do that research on your own time.  Try Google or Bing…lots of info out there if you keep an open mind. I’m sure your time is much cheaper than mine.
    This is absolute gold.  Thank you.

It would almost be worth kicking in a few hundred to call your bluff and watch you struggle to come up with anything.
  • Legume said:
    Legume said:

It would almost be worth kicking in a few hundred to call your bluff and watch you struggle to come up with anything.
    I’m in. 

Btw- my consulting fee is $1,000,000 per hour. Turns out, If nobody is calling anyway, you can charge whatever you want!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • dmchicago
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

I’m in. 

Btw- my consulting fee is $1,000,000 per hour. Turns out, If nobody is calling anyway, you can charge whatever you want!
    Piker 

For 44 billion I’ll tell you how to ruin a social media platform. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Legume said:
    Take it as you like.  I get $200/hr for my consulting fees

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited November 2022
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

I'm also in. 

Maybe he can get that eye fixed with the change 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dmchicago
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

I'm also in. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
    Better?

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,958
    edited November 2022
    Sad but this trend is going to continue.  Dems have it all planned out.  Credit card debt has risen dramatically this year, and will continue to grow as the working class try’s to stay afloat and feed & provide for their families.  This administration just keeps telling us how “great” the economy is!  More lies, thinking people are stupid. 
    I think exactly 0 people on this forum are surprised that you are sitting alone in the dark yelling at your tv on a holiday weekend when everyone else were enjoying time spent with friends and family. Perhaps the best self-own in an amazing run of self-owns. 

I’m sure any visitors who still feel obliged to come visit were thankful for your “Tucker Time” as well. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

I'm also in. 

Think of what he could charge an hour if he could see straight!  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    dmchicago said:
    Better?
    “Eye” see what you did there
    My “consulting” fees are $500/hr.  Only LoSeRs charge $200.  Makes sense tho, the whole MAGA culture revolves around the world’s biggest loser.

my last electric locked rate commercial was just shy of 11 cents per kwh ends in january. then jumps to 32 cents per kwh. aint that wonderful.....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    found it at 16.2 cents with a 4 year lock in, anyone see the price dropping over 4 years. its like blackmail, no it is blackmail
    fukahwee maine

• I may be wrong but I believe a coal powered power plant that had been run off of natural gas for years was using coal today. Hard to mistake that smoke cloud.
  • found it at 16.2 cents with a 4 year lock in, anyone see the price dropping over 4 years. its like blackmail, no it is blackmail
    I would grab it. It’s hard to see the DC Clown Posse 🤡 doing anything sensible for at least 3 years.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    found it at 16.2 cents with a 4 year lock in, anyone see the price dropping over 4 years. its like blackmail, no it is blackmail
    I would grab it. It’s hard to see the DC Clown Posse 🤡 doing anything sensible for at least 3 years.

The New England states have always been among the most expensive for electricity rates.
    Hard to see what federal policies can/will/should do to change that.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    HeavyG said:

The New England states have always been among the most expensive for electricity rates.
    Hard to see what federal policies can/will/should do to change that.

Pipe lines might help. We had a hydro power line coming from Canada being built, about 30 miles connecting two corridors got cancelled after years of things being built by a popular vote in Maine last year. Maine power has their office in Boston which did not help, but 30 miles.......
    It's like dealing with a used car salesman for electricity, actually got the sign today crap or we won't honor it tomorrow. Still waiting on the paperwork
    fukahwee maine