Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Critter Cam

Options
12346»

Comments

• BigreenGreg
    Options

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    This is so neat!  I like deer!
    I know you do; but for your own sake, I feel I must remind you that it is still illegal to have sex with them in most states. That is just a cross you are going to have to carry. #loveislove (but not with deer) 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    ^^^ My first "Agree" in a long time; ahh.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    You $hittin me??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Damn…that’s a lot of pigs. Noticed my feed bill double the last 2 months. We found out why last night. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options

Damn…that’s a lot of pigs. Noticed my feed bill double the last 2 months. We found out why last night. 
    Yah, F those guys.    If you need a free exterminator please reach out :)
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Yah, F those guys.    If you need a free exterminator please reach out :)
    May need all the help I can get. I know there are more out there too. Setting up my trap tonight and hope to get a few shots off as well. I unblocked all their escape routes so I’m hoping they run back to my neighbor’s once I start shooting. He’s got i00 acres of low fence and he’s covered up in hogs. This is the most we have ever had by far. Never seen more than 4-5 and they would come and go. These guys are dug in. 

Making a lovely bait concoction as we speak. Sour corn, raspberry jello mix, molasses, and anise extract (supposedly they can smell that for miles and they love it- hope I do t bring in more lol). Going to be. Busy month. Thank god it’s 1000 degrees outside too. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I see some tasty bites running around there. 

The bait mix actually sounds pretty good!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    caliking said:
    I see some tasty bites running around there. 

The bait mix actually sounds pretty good!

DizzyPig Porcine-ish
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,426
    Options
    Rule of 10 on feral hogs. See 10, ya got 100. We shot 129 this season on my deer lease. I hate feral hogs lol
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    This is not critter cam but a phone cam as these two cruised the back yard around 5 minutes ago:
    Moved on with speed once the neighbour (nod) dog saw them and started barking. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Meanwhile, in Minnesota...

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 940
    Options
    I put a critter cam in my bedroom. I can't believe the rodents my wife has been sleeping with, but I don't have the heart to tell her
  • kanye_twitty
    Options
    That time of year again the boys are all bowed up and trying to kill each other in between chasing tail. My car was assaulted the other night with 2 very large bucks fighting in my driveway. The gouged one side of the car and dented the other as one gored the other before my sons dog broke them up and chased them off. 

These are the guys:

This dude woke me up at 3 am because of the ruckus. I thought he had to pee so I let him out.  I can’t believe he jumped right in the middle of them. You could feel the ground shaking when they were fighting and he went in like a missile. Glad he wasn’t hurt- that would have been hard to explain to my son and his SO. He was pretty proud of himself haha. 

• kanye_twitty
    Options
    A few more pics from the last few weeks. 

• kanye_twitty
    Options
    We did a lot of fence work last weekend (blocking where pigs were getting in under the fence) and have not seen anymore pigs. They live at my neighbors and raid our feeders at night.  We had 40-50 some nights- it was nuts. Constant vigilance to keep these bastards out. 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Great looking Fallow and Axis and white tails there!
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • kanye_twitty
    kanye_twitty Posts: 44
    edited November 2023
    Options
    This is the guy on the wrong side of the fight that involved my car. He is much larger than the buck that gored him but the smaller dude had the leverage. I would love to get another year or 2 out of both these guys but they are getting so big they are going to kill each other. Looks like he took 2 to the ribs but he’s healed up already. (This is the guy lying in the grass in the 1st pic. That pic was taken this morning)

• kanye_twitty
    Options
    And a fun new addition this year. We have a piebald deer fawn. This is a genetic mutation that often results in birth defects that are fatal. Piebalds that are healthy are very rare and we got one. We now have 2 “off limits” animals (fallow and piebald). 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike