Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    What a day to be alive!  Yesterday, I would have told you a loaf of english muffins was impossible.

Seems impossible. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    kl8ton said:
    What a day to be alive!  Yesterday, I would have told you a loaf of english muffins was impossible.

Seems impossible. 
    But I saw it with very own eyes.  Almost bought a loaf of muffins too.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ran into this little guy while feeding horses this evening.  I much prefer bigger ones.  When I run across little ones, there are usually more than one.  I relocated him about a mile away.  Harder and harder to find a place to relocate them too.  So many neighborhoods going in.  People get pissy when you release them in their shared green space.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    kl8ton said:

Seems impossible. 
    But I saw it with very own eyes.  Almost bought a loaf of muffins too.

A recipe for that has been on the back of a pack of Fleischmann's yeast for decades.

*That is possibly or probably not true - I don't use Fleishmanns yeast thus have no idea what is on the back of their packets.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,865
    edited October 2022
    Just got my covid booster shot, so I’m waiting 15 min in the “download” area so that the 5G updates can fully come in.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,662
    Ran into this little guy while feeding horses this evening.  I much prefer bigger ones.  When I run across little ones, there are usually more than one.  I relocated him about a mile away.  Harder and harder to find a place to relocate them too.  So many neighborhoods going in.  People get pissy when you release them in their shared green space.

ive only found one in all my life up here, it was about 8 inches long. men in green came and stole it. ours are timbers, wicked rare.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited October 2022
    Shaking my head at the "efficiency" of the 5 letter shipping service.  Two packages, sent the same day from the same address to the same address (approximately 5 or 6 miles apart, depending on the route you take), ended up on 2 different trucks. 

I now have a keyboard and monitor for my home office set up.  Sometime later today I will need to sign for a docking station, the monitor stand, and all associated cords.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Acn said:
    Shaking my head at the "efficiency" of the 5 letter shipping service.  Two packages, sent the same day from the same address to the same address (approximately 5 or 6 miles apart, depending on the route you take), ended up on 2 different trucks. 

I now have a keyboard and monitor for my home office set up.  Sometime later today I will need to sign for a docking station, the monitor stand, and all associated cords.
    They used to contract out their logistics.  I wonder if they have tried to take it inhouse?  They have gotten really really bad over the last few years.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,662
    the fedex arrow stands for speed, accuracy, strive for perfection, and perseverance in achieving goals

if you have never seen it before, try and unsee it now

Was the hidden message in the FedEx logo deliberately put there or was it a  fortunate mistake - Quora

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    That sucks @Battleborn , praying for his family and friends.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Yes my niece married a deputy. They just got two foster to hopefully adopted kids the first of the month. She already has a boy halfway between these two in age. 

I had the flu shot Tuesday at the doctors office. They don’t have the Covid shot. I will get that next week after I find out if the dog has cancer or not.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Domestic disturbance and traiffic stops.  Sorry to learn another officer has died.  Stay safe out there.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2022
    Yikes.  Who knew baking used to be so brutal.  (Long documentary w/terrible thumbnail)

https://youtu.be/Sa8eWuGZzMc
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Yikes.  Who knew baking used to be so brutal.  (Long documentary w/terrible thumbnail)

Newsflash, it ain’t got much better. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:

I was thinking about you while watching.  Curious how it compares to today.  This makes working in a factory look more appealing.
  • For all you dry-aged fans out there, here’s a great opportunity to taste something truly rare. I could foresee it pushing the likes of SRF to extinction. 

• ColbyLang said:

I was thinking about you while watching.  Curious how it compares to today.  This makes working in a factory look more appealing.
    I think this is what contributed to Chris Bianco having to step away from making pizzas for a bit.  They talked about it in the recent Chef's Table on him.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    For all you dry-aged fans out there, here’s a great opportunity to taste something truly rare. I could foresee it pushing the likes of SRF to extinction. 

Someone needs to let Guga know about this.  Would love to see him try it.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    ColbyLang said:

Certainly the PPE has to have improved. Of course if peeps don't wear it...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:

I think this is what contributed to Chris Bianco having to step away from making pizzas for a bit.  They talked about it in the recent Chef's Table on him.
    Thank you for the heads up.  Just watched it.  Pretty amazing story.  Interesting, I have stopped by Biancos a couple of.times, but it has always been closed or lines to long for the window I had.

I will have to try it again.

And yes, he has asthma coupled with baker's limg from airborne flour and smoke.
  • ColbyLang said:

Thank you for the heads up.  Just watched it.  Pretty amazing story.  Interesting, I have stopped by Biancos a couple of.times, but it has always been closed or lines to long for the window I had.

I will have to try it again.

And yes, he has asthma coupled with baker's limg from airborne flour and smoke.
    I’ve been.  Had a long layover at the airport and got to the place on a random weekday night.  They sat us at the bar.  The pizza is legit. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Curious @Ozzie_Isaac why don’t you eliminate the rattle snakes?  I just assume it would not be worth the risk of them coming back to the horses. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Curious @Ozzie_Isaac why don’t you eliminate the rattle snakes?  I just assume it would not be worth the risk of them coming back to the horses. 
    They’re an important part of the ecosystem.  They help keep the rodent population in control. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Would rattle snakes align with the NIMBY crowd??  Just asking. B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2022
    Curious @Ozzie_Isaac why don’t you eliminate the rattle snakes?  I just assume it would not be worth the risk of them coming back to the horses. 
    They don't bother the horses.  I am more worried about my dogs.  I have had one horse and one dog bit.  The horse was messing with the snake and kinda deserved it.  The dog didn't deserve it, he stepped on one bedded down and covered in dust.

I don't kill them because they were here first, I like seeing them, and as JIC said they help with rodents.  It is always a rush to see one. If I can safely relocate them I will.  In certain situations, I will kill them, but that is never my first choice.

Best way to keep them away is to keep the rats and mice away.  I have a large gopher snake around that does a good job of that.  I don't bother him at all.  He keeps mice down which helps with rattlers.  Supposedly he will eat baby rattlesnakes too, not sure if that is true or not

I also grew up with rattlesnakes being around, so it is just a part of life in the desert, especially when you don't live in a neighborhood.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    They don't bother the horses.  I am more worried about my dogs.  I have had one horse and one dog bit.  The horse was messing with the snake and kinda deserved it.  The dog didn't deserve it, he stepped on one bedded down and covered in dust.

I don't kill them because they were here first, I like seeing them, and as JIC said they help with rodents.  It is always a rush to see one. If I can safely relocate them I will.  In certain situations, I will kill them, but that is never my first choice.

Best way to keep them away is to keep the rats and mice away.  I have a large gopher snake around that does a good job of that.  I don't bother him at all.  He keeps mice down which helps with rattlers.  Supposedly he will eat baby rattlesnakes too, not sure if that is true or not

I also grew up with rattlesnakes being around, so it is just a part of life in the desert, especially when you don't live in a neighborhood.
    Thanks for the response. I have zero problem with snakes and understand where you are coming from. However being a dumb midwestern I just assumed people didnt want the risk of having rattlers around. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ozzie_Isaac

Thanks for the response. I have zero problem with snakes and understand where you are coming from. However being a dumb midwestern I just assumed people didnt want the risk of having rattlers around. 
    Not dumb at all.  A lot of people kill them at first sight.  They hate them and are scared of them.  I suspect I am in the minority.  People usually call the fire department, or they kill them.

The big ones are my preferred ones.  They didn't get big by being troublesome.  The young ones cause the most issues in my experience.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    3 hours in on doing some updates. Hopefully I’m done soon. I’d like to head home. Lol

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849

Seems that equilibrium is returning; Palace win, Brighton lose and there’s talk here of a change of Prime Minister, possibly in two weeks time because the current incumbent has done more inside one month to damage the UK’s economic stability than any bot in the last decade.  Backing off the 3rd rail - here comes your nailed on, dead cert’, cast iron forecasts for the weekend.

Leicester v Palace, tricky times for the hosts who are rock-bottom after 9 games which suggests things aren’t rosey in the garden. The Eagles arrive for their second game of project restart after facing almost exclusively the top teams until last week.  Both teams need the points, Palace have the flair probably more than the Foxes have the doggedness required. 0-2

Fulham v Bournemouth,  great starts to the season for both which can only mean the balloon will burst soon for at least one of them.  Dealing with the now, home win but narrowly. 2-1

Wolves v Notts Forest,  doom ahoy in the Midlands. Scarce quality or form on display here. Wolves are rudderless and Forest could sneak the points. 0-1

Spurs v Everton, home win.  The Toffees are more stable this season but there’s dark clouds gathering around the club finances. 2-0

Sunday

Aston Villa v Chelsea, not going super-great for Stevie G at Villa and the draw with Forest last week is an indictment or where the team are right now.  Chelsea have settled well under Potter and won’t struggle in this match. 0-2

Leeds v Arsenal, here’s the one to clean up with at the betting shop.  Home win as Gunners get rough-housed in the first 20 minutes, Leeds nick a goal and then don’t allow the visitors a sniff.  1-0 

Man Utd v Newcastle, 6th visit 5th and that will rotate.  The Toon have gelled far better than the Red Devils and will arrive full or vim, vigour and no fear at all.  Fun match 1-3

Southampton v West Ham, Davey Moyes’ lads have awoken and they are just better than Saints, simple as that. 0-2

Liverpool v Man City, away win - obviously, but more than that and even at Game #10 stage it excludes the Reds from a title chase, inferring that 4th is the best they can hope for if all goes well.  Hard to have any sympathy.  1-3, plus or minus how many Haaland chooses to score.

A peculiar nine game weekend for reasons inexplicable but probably Queen, World Cup and train strike related.   There’s a bunch more games mid-week but you won’t care because you’ll have bet the farm on my predictions and will be lighting your Egg with Benjamins, flicking through a Komado Kamodo brochure by then.   Mmmm 42 inch. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay