Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• acolle
    acolle Posts: 133
    wwinnc said:
    "lawnmower beer"
    Nice. I needed this. LOL.
    Moved from upper left to Denver, CO | BGE LG & MMX + Kotaigrill [Hibachi]
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Legume said:
    Omicron booster, flu vax, shingles vax part 1. 

Tomorrow might be a slow day for me, we’ll see.
    Both of the shingles vaccines (Shringrix) made me sick as hell for several days. However I was told that the sicker you get the better. If that’s true I should never get shingles because I was sick as a dog. Good luck 👍 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Shingrix or whatever it’s called hurt going in and a day of annoying localized injection site pain.  Other than that just like most other jabs.
    Flu and booster in same arm, Shingrix got it’s own arm.  It’s more sore than the double vax arm at this point, but better to me to just get it done at once.  
  • I did that last year.  It wasn't too bad.  I didn't get sick from the shingles vax. Three shots in one setting is pretty strong!
    XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina
  • At the airport.  Headed to Houghton, MI.  Giving a seminar at Michigan Tech tomorrow.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Getting ready to brave ATL tomorrow morning.  Get the whole airport experience.  Rental car return, checked baggage, security, etc.  I have only ever flown through ATL before.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • It always seems like a good idea to eat while watching a sporting event. Until yesterday, when I felt profoundly judged as I shoved the fifth taco into my face. 

One can only hope that is the offspring of "He Hate Me".
    Stillwater, MN
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    At the airport.  Headed to Houghton, MI.  Giving a seminar at Michigan Tech tomorrow.
     welcome  to MI! Gorgeous weather as of late. The Mrs and I just got back from upper lower peninsula. I'm guessing Houghton is below freezing at night. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited October 2022
    It always seems like a good idea to eat while watching a sporting event. Until yesterday, when I felt profoundly judged as I shoved the fifth taco into my face. 

Edit: We need this guy more than ever

canuckland
  • kl8ton said:
    At the airport.  Headed to Houghton, MI.  Giving a seminar at Michigan Tech tomorrow.
     welcome  to MI! Gorgeous weather as of late. The Mrs and I just got back from upper lower peninsula. I'm guessing Houghton is below freezing at night. 
    Rainy this am, but last night was nice.  The fall foliage is really beautiful around here.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    My girls call that a cotton candy sky. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited October 2022
    If the atmosphere were cotton candy we would all suffocate from an abundance of sucrose and a dearth of oxygen.  Probably not a bad way to go.
    My wife is in Honduras enjoying a girls trip. Woke up this morning and went to the bathroom. Ran into this guy on the way. Not exactly a site you want to see when you first wake up. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• wwinnc
    wwinnc Posts: 74
    Whoa!  Think I'll stay home!
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Yikes!   :o 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Having an internal debate with myself.  Is 9'6" for a car really a "low clearance" in a drive-thru?

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @Ozzie_Isaac - are you in "The land of big a$$ trucks?"  Let us know how the debate concludes.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849

Just for the record, I am currently very grumpy with football and am only posting this to satisfy your thirst.  Until such time as normality returns, i.e; Palace get good and Brighton get rubbish - I shall remain grumpy.   I know it’s all fixed and shouldn’t take it seriously, but WWE is not my thing either.  

Bournemouth v Leicester : basement battlers face off, the hosts are tentatively clinging on to mid-table while the visitors finally won a match last week against the random collection of players currently assembled as Nottingham Forest. Meh, so what? Feels like a 0-0 but in reality I think 0-1 and the Foxes renaissance commences.

Chelsea v Wolves : The visitors despatched their manager this week because of a dismal start to the season.  The role is not so attractive because of the omnipresence of Super Agent Jorge Mendes, who seems to be shuffling a carousel of players through the club on a fee per transaction basis. But as to the matter at hand; 2-0

Man City v Southampton : 4-0 at least. Haaland to score as many as he wants.

Newcastle v Brentford : The Toon’s tide is inexorably rising. Three points for the home team but not without a fright. 2-1

Brighton v Spurs : oh those wretched filthy Seagulls.  Just be normal, already.  Probably the game of the day, 5 goals in it - hopefully 2-3 but the reverse is very likely too. 

Sunday

Palace v Leeds : like last season we are letting leads slip and late goals in.  This is fundamentally unhelpful.  A chance to rectify, or compound, things here. Please just a 1-0.

West Ham v Fulham, the west end boys go East.  Just as Mav’ likes it, these two are inverted in the table right now.  Game will be a good measure of each team’s long-term credentials for the season.  There will be less power ballads, shower scenes and volleyball, not how Mav’ likes it.  2-1

Arsenal v Liverpool : big, big test for the Reds as a defeat means their tepid start to the campaign will begin to severely dampen aspirations for the top of the tree.  The Gunners seem oblivious to logic and remain top.  Frenetic home win 3-2

Everton v Man Utd : the ‘odd-fish of the week’ match. Could go any of the 3 ways.  Very likely a no-goal ‘thriller’ with robust defences extinguishing the limited attacking threat posed by each time. 0-0

Monday

Forest v Villa : oh dear, not much of a spectacle on offer here.  Neither team in any sort of form.  A draw would be a great result for the hosts and an acceptable one for the visitors. 1-1.

Chin chin!

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    Having an internal debate with myself.  Is 9'6" for a car really a "low clearance" in a drive-thru?

i would say, how does one make that mistake, but just fixed one at a friends place this week. 3500 bucks in damage
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hmm, I wonder what the clearance on those little blue vans that I am seeing everywhere is.  They delivered to the wrong address and it’s always the same, “google says this is where your house is”  I have started saying “we don’t live in the meta sphere the numbers are on the mail boxes irl.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,707
    Ever time I see someone wearing an Ear Bud 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • CPFC1905 said:

Just for the record, I am currently very grumpy with football and am only posting this to satisfy your thirst.  Until such time as normality returns, i.e; Palace get good and Brighton get rubbish - I shall remain grumpy.   I know it’s all fixed and shouldn’t take it seriously, but WWE is not my thing either.  

Bournemouth v Leicester : basement battlers face off, the hosts are tentatively clinging on to mid-table while the visitors finally won a match last week against the random collection of players currently assembled as Nottingham Forest. Meh, so what? Feels like a 0-0 but in reality I think 0-1 and the Foxes renaissance commences.

Chelsea v Wolves : The visitors despatched their manager this week because of a dismal start to the season.  The role is not so attractive because of the omnipresence of Super Agent Jorge Mendes, who seems to be shuffling a carousel of players through the club on a fee per transaction basis. But as to the matter at hand; 2-0

Man City v Southampton : 4-0 at least. Haaland to score as many as he wants.

Newcastle v Brentford : The Toon’s tide is inexorably rising. Three points for the home team but not without a fright. 2-1

Brighton v Spurs : oh those wretched filthy Seagulls.  Just be normal, already.  Probably the game of the day, 5 goals in it - hopefully 2-3 but the reverse is very likely too. 

Sunday

Palace v Leeds : like last season we are letting leads slip and late goals in.  This is fundamentally unhelpful.  A chance to rectify, or compound, things here. Please just a 1-0.

West Ham v Fulham, the west end boys go East.  Just as Mav’ likes it, these two are inverted in the table right now.  Game will be a good measure of each team’s long-term credentials for the season.  There will be less power ballads, shower scenes and volleyball, not how Mav’ likes it.  2-1

Arsenal v Liverpool : big, big test for the Reds as a defeat means their tepid start to the campaign will begin to severely dampen aspirations for the top of the tree.  The Gunners seem oblivious to logic and remain top.  Frenetic home win 3-2

Everton v Man Utd : the ‘odd-fish of the week’ match. Could go any of the 3 ways.  Very likely a no-goal ‘thriller’ with robust defences extinguishing the limited attacking threat posed by each time. 0-0

Monday

Forest v Villa : oh dear, not much of a spectacle on offer here.  Neither team in any sort of form.  A draw would be a great result for the hosts and an acceptable one for the visitors. 1-1.

Chin chin!

I find your footy updates to be entertaining if not terribly informative.  Could you expand your analysis in future “issues” for us as they’re quite brief.
    I love my eggs almost as I love my Jaguar.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    dbCooper said:
    Admiring my lawn patching work.  This Spring there were numerous areas that for unknown reasons died off over the Winter.   This was back in mid-May...
    Approx. four weeks ago I prepped and seeded...
    This is after the 2nd mowing yesterday...
    Given I deal with squirrels burying acorns this time of year, then the Beagles digging up those acorns, the patches came along better than expected.  Next Spring will be the true test of the project success. 
    Results will be nothing close to keeping @TEXASBGE2018 up at night worrying about competition!    =)
    Looks good!

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.