Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited September 2022
    @SamIAm2 fill the rain barrel for weight? Stay safe.
    edit: never mind, the pre hurricane rain would fill it in no time if it’s not filled already.
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    SamIAm2 said:

The full 35 gallon rain barrel will stay but the PVC pipe for draining the spa, the deck box, and the spa vacuum will be stored inside if needed.

Last windshear storm we had it ripped the downspout off the brick!  
    Stay safe.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    edited September 2022
    @alaskanassasin, @Botch - Appreciate your concerns. Hope that the latest forecast scenarios are correct and the winds here will be less than 50 mph. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Acn said:
    kl8ton said:
    lkapigian said:
    Wondering if the Fist Bump officially replaced the High Five
    I think it did.  
    I think it did 5-10 years ago.
    These days the cool kids do the trifecta: high five, fist bump, and chest bump:

I obviously have no idea what Cranston’s like on a personal level, but professionally, he is one great actor. 
  • @SamIAm2

Very relieved to hear that. While perusing your post and before seeing that nod, I was thinking of your referenced incident. Looks like a job well done.
  • Just got an estimate for removing a small lump, split pea sized, from my Boxer’s right foreleg. $789 or so. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    Just got an estimate for removing a small lump, split pea sized, from my Boxer’s right foreleg. $789 or so. 
    Paid that for a 1/8 hole to get get stitched in my dogs head this summer out of state. it's putting them under that's the killer.. he got some bigger rips from a rottie on laber day. No stitches but 4 visits and is half as much so far. Still in a cone on antibiotics maybe another week or so. Two visits were free, sort of a barter making things for the owners bee hives and boat. 15 minutes here and there
    Hope you got it in time
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Ordered some new Hoka shoes. This sole is seriously massive. Super comfortable 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Watched DART score a direct hit on the asteroid, on the NASA channel.  Was expecting to see some kind of a plume from the camera drone following right behind, didn't see anything but the main spacecraft ceased transmitting at the right time.  
    Damn impressive!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    “We’re gonna throw a fridge at a rock in space”
  • $350 for tumor removal is more in line. more if you want to send it off for labs.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Botch said:
    Watched DART score a direct hit on the asteroid, on the NASA channel.  Was expecting to see some kind of a plume from the camera drone following right behind, didn't see anything but the main spacecraft ceased transmitting at the right time.  
    Damn impressive!  
    Did Bruce make it off this time?
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Now for the orbital "knock on effect". That is the most impressive head shot I have read about.  
    And here's the bullet penetration-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Z1E0mW2ag  
    What collective talent.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Gearing up for the Peyton-Eli MNF broadcast on ESPN 2.  Great entertainment regardless of game action.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    $350 for tumor removal is more in line. more if you want to send it off for labs.
    The Boston area has puppy insurance that's taken hold. I would believe that inflates costs. Middle of the country not so much. Basic shots run 300 bucks. My first dog thirty years ago I was able to do it myself for six bucks three times over six weeks. The rest of the money now is for the doc squeezing the crown jewels
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • $350 for tumor removal is more in line. more if you want to send it off for labs.
    They can’t say if it is cancerous or not so they are going to send it to the state veterinary school. An extra charge for a blood test.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Botch said:
    Damn impressive!  

Nice catch from a scope on Earth!!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Guess the pre-strike NASA animations had me a bit mislead.  

Ah well, I once farted right before a Thiokol Shuttle booster test, kinda the same thing.  

• HeavyG
    Botch said:

Ah well, I once farted right before a Thiokol Shuttle booster test, kinda the same thing.  

The NASA/ESA LICIACube photos won't be available for a few days or weeks.
    The link I posted was taken from a private ground based scope which I thought was pretty amazing.
    I'm sure the LICIACube pix will be just a little bit sharper. :)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:

The link I posted was taken from a private ground based scope which I thought was pretty amazing.

Need to redact the alien structures from the video.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:

Need to redact the alien structures studio lights from the video.

• HeavyG

• HeavyG

This was taken by the joint NASA/Univ. of Hawaii asteroid tracking project. The moving "dot" that sends off the plume is actually the light from both Dimorphos and Didymos as they are too far away to see them as separate objects. Does give an idea as to what the LICIACube pix we'll see soon will likely have captured.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Cooking naked.  Guessing the temp.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    Based only on the lower vent setting, I guessing a hot&fast cook.  Enjoy the ride.
  • Botch
    edited September 2022
    HeavyG said:

This was taken by the joint NASA/Univ. of Hawaii asteroid tracking project. The moving "dot" that sends off the plume is actually the light from both Dimorphos and Didymos as they are too far away to see them as separate objects. Does give an idea as to what the LICIACube pix we'll see soon will likely have captured.
    While nowhere near the resolution of what we saw yesterday, this was much more "satisfying".  
    So, was the "LICIACube" the small camera drone following the DART?  And why was the video from DART near real-time, and LICIA not?  (I need to renew my subscription to Aviation Week & Space Technology,  I have no idea what's going on anymore).