Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Placeholder for internet things that are funny or cool

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    Legume said:
    We have a 95gal recycling can that goes out biweekly.  A compost can that is the next size down and goes out on the alternate weeks from the recycling and the trash is the next size down from that and goes out weekly.  When we have a houseful, we buy trash tags from the city that we put on trash bags and they pick those up.  I have no idea what we pay, but I believe it’s based on the size of the can for the trash only.
    We now have the special bags........10  dollars for five bags
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    Just to toss a wrinkle neck into the punch bowl- in my college youth (granted many decades ago) if you were a member of a sorority or fraternity the fraternities and their boys were always referred to as fraternity (fill in the blank).  The frat boys term was reserved for the GDI's.  God Da-n Independents.  FWIW-
    And campus life is a whole lot different now-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,611
    Options
    Legume said:
    We have a 95gal recycling can that goes out biweekly.  A compost can that is the next size down and goes out on the alternate weeks from the recycling and the trash is the next size down from that and goes out weekly.  When we have a houseful, we buy trash tags from the city that we put on trash bags and they pick those up.  I have no idea what we pay, but I believe it’s based on the size of the can for the trash only.
    We now have the special bags........10  dollars for five bags
    That’s not bad at all…depending on how big they are. The stickers here are $3-4 each, supposed to be limited to 33gal bag but I just put out the 55gal drum liners and they always take them.  They’re also supposed to hit you with an extra charge for overstuffed cans where the lid won’t close but it’s clear from watching the drivers they have zero interest in paperwork or charging extra.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options

Options
    lousubcap said:
    Just to toss a wrinkle neck into the punch bowl- in my college youth (granted many decades ago) if you were a member of a sorority or fraternity the fraternities and their boys were always referred to as fraternity (fill in the blank).  The frat boys term was reserved for the GDI's.  God Da-n Independents.  FWIW-
    And campus life is a whole lot different now-

we used to go thru 2 punch bowls (50 gallons each) and 23 kegs a week. whatever was left over we sold on thursday at a 2 hour happy hour. life was easy and free
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    paqman said:

Yep, nothing like hooking up three phase in a torrential down pour. Been there, done that, and got a charge. 

Though it actually doesn’t start transferring power until it is hooked up and your payment info clears.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,079
    Options
    Found this to be a cool read, it gives insights as to where current research and understanding is...
    "In the Mind of a Whale"
    "How can we make sense of the biggest brains on the planet?"
    Longish read, notation at top of articles states: 4,200 words, about 21 minutes.  Took me about 25 min. but my brain is addled by age and abuse. 

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    Options
    my dog would not be cool with that
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• dbCooper
    Options
    Profile of a "Stone Skipping" tournament competitor.  Apparently in Britain they judge by distance, not skips, and refer to it as "Skimming".  A long read about a intriguing person...
    A video of his world record, at least 88 skips!
    https://youtu.be/S1KfuErAcj0

Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    @dbCooper Long read and felt like I should skim/skip along but interesting.  Thanks for the post.
    When my oldest son was 2-5 years old his favorite pastime was throwing rocks in the water.  Being a sailor, the water was always close by. Just had to find the right location.  I was always happy if I could get 10 skips.  No skills here.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @dbCooper where do they source the rocks?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dbCooper
    Options
    @alaskanassasin - The protagonist that is the subject of the article sources from the Lake Erie region in Pennsylvania, near where he lives. 
    My take is that the rules allow you to throw what you bring but, I have not researched the rules.

Great Plains, USA
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Biden:.  Don't believe your eyes,. Things don't suck😁.                I really hope he did not say that, but......
    fukahwee maine

• dmchicago
    Options
    Biden:.  Don't believe your eyes,. Things don't suck😁.                I really hope he did not say that, but......
    I’ll shout so you can hear me better:

THIS THREAD IS NON POLITICAL!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    Options
    dmchicago said:

One of the funny things I've seen on the news.  Are you verifying it. I tend not to shout. Maybe I should have posted in the I don't know where to post it thread and whispered, wait, I whispered.....
    fukahwee maine

• dmchicago
    Options
    dmchicago said:

One of the funny things I've seen on the news.  Are you verifying it. I tend not to shout. Maybe I should have posted in the I don't know where to post it thread and whispered, wait, I whispered.....
    You truly are a short bus guy, aren’t you?

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    dmchicago said:

dmchicago said:

dmchicago said:
    dmchicago said:

You truly are a short bus guy.                                          now you are getting funny, this is a funny thread......things you see that are funny, nothing about true false or political
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lots of things that happen in politics are funny, fewer things are cool.  Regardless, we don’t bring them into this thread.  There are a lot of other threads on politics here in the OT section, so please put stuff in one of those or start a new one if need be.   We should have at least one thread in the OT section that’s free of sh!tposting, thanks.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Lots of things that happen in politics are funny, fewer things are cool.  Regardless, we don’t bring them into this thread.  There are a lot of other threads on politics here in the OT section, so please put stuff in one of those or start a new one if need be.   We should have at least one thread in the OT section that’s free of sh!tposting, thanks.
    Will do
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    A tale in three acts:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    Options
    ‘Merica 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Will do
    Guess John put you in your place fast… your just another minium in his eyes! You don’t have enough clout to defy the “great & powerful” JIC on here.  Do not piss JIC off, or you will be ridiculed and an outcast on this forum.  He will call you a drunk racist Nazi fish.  Don’t post things that he does not agree with, or make him look stupid.  Nor anything political for Gods sake. 

Dude…fish… you deserve more respect than this…your a senior member of this forum, and have earned the right to post whatever you want.  Don’t let others on here try to control your posts!