Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Placeholder for internet things that are funny or cool

Comments

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    what arms?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    caliking said:
    what arms?
    You were late, they’re gone now.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,163
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    edited September 2022
    Legume said:
    caliking said:
    what arms?
    You were late, they’re gone now.
    Yup, they've been shipped to Elbownia.  Unless (going out on a limb here) it was blocked by the Armistice.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660

my town is nuts. just got dropped off a 65 gallon wheeled trash bin and a 95 gallon wheeled recycle bin. if i combine trash and recyclables, i average a half bag a week. does anybody fill a 95 gallon container with plastic bottles a week. are they serious. house next door is abandoned, grabbed theirs for pinecones and kindling for the wood stove.....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • my town is nuts. just got dropped off a 65 gallon wheeled trash bin and a 95 gallon wheeled recycle bin. if i combine trash and recyclables, i average a half bag a week. does anybody fill a 95 gallon container with plastic bottles a week. are they serious. house next door is abandoned, grabbed theirs for pinecones and kindling for the wood stove.....
    Do you need to bring it to the curb every week for collection?  I would just wait until yours is filled and then bring it out.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    my town is nuts. just got dropped off a 65 gallon wheeled trash bin and a 95 gallon wheeled recycle bin. if i combine trash and recyclables, i average a half bag a week. does anybody fill a 95 gallon container with plastic bottles a week. are they serious. house next door is abandoned, grabbed theirs for pinecones and kindling for the wood stove.....
    Wine bottles. Lots of 'em.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,658
    Do you need to bring it to the curb every week for collection?  I would just wait until yours is filled and then bring it out.  

it doesnt even fit between my walkway of 14 stair steps down to the house, its ridiculous. its going to be chained roadside on my driveway til trash day. its designed for the truck to pick it up eliminating the barrel guys, the driver will load it to a mechanism on the side of the truck. the 95 gallon rubbermaid bin on amazon is 259 dollars including 30 percent off, makes perfect sense that everyone in town gets one for free.....i will find this funny til my next tax bill comes out
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    dmchicago said:

thats alot of wine in a week =)
    fukahwee maine

• my town is nuts. just got dropped off a 65 gallon wheeled trash bin and a 95 gallon wheeled recycle bin. if i combine trash and recyclables, i average a half bag a week. does anybody fill a 95 gallon container with plastic bottles a week. are they serious. house next door is abandoned, grabbed theirs for pinecones and kindling for the wood stove.....
    I just looked at one of these bins online and it's what we have.  We pretty much fill it (family of 4) every two weeks.  But it's everything that can be recycled for us - paper, bottles, cans, you name it.  If it's got a recycle symbol on it, it goes in there.  
  • fishlessman
    towns been using the 14 gallon rectangle bins with the molded in handles for years, i dont even see the neighbors filling those. the camp is easy, the bottles go in a bag under the back porch, a neighbor takes the bag and gets the maine deposit for them, legally blind, cant drive or work. we buy the bottles in nh and nh doesnt collect a deposit but the label says for maine deposit so.......bottle cartel
    fukahwee maine

• dmchicago
    dmchicago said:

Well, there’s two of us. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    towns been using the 14 gallon rectangle bins with the molded in handles for years, i dont even see the neighbors filling those. the camp is easy, the bottles go in a bag under the back porch, a neighbor takes the bag and gets the maine deposit for them, legally blind, cant drive or work. we buy the bottles in nh and nh doesnt collect a deposit but the label says for maine deposit so.......bottle cartel

Empty bottle arbitrage - love it!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    dmchicago said:
    dmchicago said:

Well, there’s two of us. 

so 100 empty bottles a week sold on ebay for 2 bucks each.......
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• fishlessman
    Botch said:

ill just drink mine neat
    fukahwee maine

• Botch said:
    I saw that story and thought, dios mio, who came up with this in the first place?  What a time to be alive.
  • dmchicago
    Y’all never made sleepy chicken?

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Botch said:
    I saw that story and thought, dios mio, who came up with this in the first place?  What a time to be alive.
    Probably posted by Darwin Isreal.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    This kind of crazy shite comes from the same sort of folks behind QAnon - a couple people sitting around smoking & joking and coming up with outlandish ideas just to see how stupid can some people be.
    It's like that TikTok challenge from a while back to see if you can boil water on a BGEgg.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,163
    edited September 2022
    Eli Manning disguised and walking on at Penn-State football tryouts-
    Well done and entertaining-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na2hOcx4uX8  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    I cancelled my recycling bin and got a third 95 gallon trash bin.  Saves me $16/month.  Usually that is almost enough trash bin space per week.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    We have a 95gal recycling can that goes out biweekly.  A compost can that is the next size down and goes out on the alternate weeks from the recycling and the trash is the next size down from that and goes out weekly.  When we have a houseful, we buy trash tags from the city that we put on trash bags and they pick those up.  I have no idea what we pay, but I believe it’s based on the size of the can for the trash only.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited September 2022
    We use one can for horse manure, one can for household waste, and then the overflow for anything else needs throwing out.  Our waste disposal team will not pick up anything not in a can, and depending on the driver, will not pickup a can unless the lid is completely closed.  We sometime get special treatment, but that is because I talked to the driver one day and we started talking about lunch.  He eats in his truck and sometimes it is hard to find a place he can stop and eat.  I told him he was always welcome to pull onto my property and enjoy some peace and quiet during lunch with nobody bothering him.  So usually he does, depending on his schedule and route.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    When I was a kid my dad used to be big on putting a six pack on top of the cans when he put a lot of them out.  Back then we had unlimited garbage, it just depended on how many cans you owned (not the provided cans, the round metal ones from the hardware store you had to buy yourself).

Years later he decided sitting in his chair grumbling about taxes was the better approach.
  • fishlessman
    I cancelled my recycling bin and got a third 95 gallon trash bin.  Saves me $16/month.  Usually that is almost enough trash bin space per week.
    Pickup here is free
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Legume said:
    When I was a kid my dad used to be big on putting a six pack on top of the cans when he put a lot of them out.  Back then we had unlimited garbage, it just depended on how many cans you owned (not the provided cans, the round metal ones from the hardware store you had to buy yourself).

Years later he decided sitting in his chair grumbling about taxes was the better approach.
    When I was in a frat house we set up a table and free beers behind the fence and loaded the truck. Was well worth it after a big party
    fukahwee maine