Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• littlerascal56
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Horse people never pay their hay bill.
    Neither do a lot of restaurant owner people…..
    Agree. My best local BBQ place got shut down by IRS.  We pulled up to parking lot, and IRS was taking all the restaurant equipment (and huge offset smoker) away with vans to be sold to pay taxes. They owed $16k in taxes.  That huge custom smoker was worth at least $10k alone.  Sad day to see that. Damn good BBQ.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,423
    Options
    My comment was in reference to me being a vendor. They act like they can’t afford the bread 
  • ColbyLang
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Duplicate post 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,046
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    My comment was in reference to me being a vendor. They act like they can’t afford the bread 
    Then you have the big corporations that don't pay any bill till at least 90 days after delivery.  They won't sign a contract for payment sooner. (At least that was how the auto industry was. I hated worling with smaller shops and having to explain to them why we hadn't paid yet. Then we wondered why the really good mid-size companies aleays no-bid or gave a very expensive bid.)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Then you have the big corporations that don't pay any bill till at least 90 days after delivery.  They won't sign a contract for payment sooner. (At least that was how the auto industry was. I hated worling with smaller shops and having to explain to them why we hadn't paid yet. Then we wondered why the really good mid-size companies aleays no-bid or gave a very expensive bid.)

hospitals dont pay til they need you back. most of the ones around me were bought by one accounting firm. things seem to be different with the big corps now, you get a rush job and deliver, 60 days later after you bill for it you get the PO, THEN WAIT 90 DAYS FOR THE CHECK.  if they are close enough i drive over and pick it up, non of that its lost in the mail crap. then theres the payables is closed for the month while we take inventory twice a year with a few. big jobs dont go out the door unless they pay up 90 percent, im not a bank
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    In the ATL airport, my favorite place.  Headed out to Denver for a couple of days for a meeting on behalf of the DOE.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options
    had the dog getting checked out at the vet,  dr picked the scabs off and lowered the dog back to the floor were he did his crazy dance. fluid broke out the wound, a ten foot radius, covered 4 girls, i yell out, ITS A BLEEDER, nobody got the joke.............what a mess
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    had the dog getting checked out at the vet,  dr picked the scabs off and lowered the dog back to the floor were he did his crazy dance. fluid broke out the wound, a ten foot radius, covered 4 girls, i yell out, ITS A BLEEDER, nobody got the joke.............what a mess
    Lol fish, never change!
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Lol fish, never change!

im starting to understand the generational divide of the younger generation not understanding the older generation. last friday i stopped over there before heading north while they were wrapping up for the day. his back end was making a sloshing noise when shaking the stump of his tail.  the girl asked what it sounded like and all i could think of on the spot was the sound of a big airbubble sloshing around in a water bed.......she had no clue what i was talking about....generations without water beds, thats so wrong =)
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    In the ATL airport, my favorite place.  Headed out to Denver for a couple of days for a meeting on behalf of the DOE.
    I would rather navigate ATL than Den.  ATL can expeditiously move people, Den not nearly as efficient.
    Safe travels.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I would rather navigate ATL than Den.  ATL can expeditiously move people, Den not nearly as efficient.
    Safe travels.  
    Well that's because Denver is the Mile HIGH City...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Safe travels.  
    Just got out of the Denver airport, and can confirm that it was a total cluster-F
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Longest terms we extend are 30 days. Perishable item. It’s eaten by the time it’s paid for. Just don’t lie to me and tell me the $.30 roll isn’t a built in cost to the $59 filet mignon or the $42 seafood platter. Most now charge for bread at the table. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Longest terms we extend are 30 days. Perishable item. It’s eaten by the time it’s paid for. Just don’t lie to me and tell me the $.30 roll isn’t a built in cost to the $59 filet mignon or the $42 seafood platter. Most now charge for bread at the table. 
    It's BS. It's paid up. Play hard ball with few and see what happens.  Bad bread is a deal breaker for me
    fukahwee maine

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    Just got home from work. Long day that ended with us getting 3 stolen motorcycles, 1 stolen F-250, about 12 felony warrant between 4 people. Long productive day. Then I just watched this. Here is a true badass. 

Las Vegas, NV

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    Dealing with power outage since 11:25PM. Only reason I am connected is my neighbors generator kicked on and am using his wi-fi. Estimate is 1:00AM. 240 homes without power. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Dealing with power outage since 11:25PM. Only reason I am connected is my neighbors generator kicked on and am using his wi-fi. Estimate is 1:00AM. 240 homes without power. 
    Good luck with your power!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Just got home from work. Long day that ended with us getting 3 stolen motorcycles, 1 stolen F-250, about 12 felony warrant between 4 people. Long productive day. Then I just watched this. Here is a true badass. 

Good job, and glad all the good guys survived the OIS.  Thankfully the jackass didn't know to clear his gun.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @SamIAm2

What caused it? Is that your Egging neighbour? They’re a good bunch!
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    Thanks @Ozzie_Isaac; power came back around 3:00 am. At least my next month bill will be a little less. Always fun resetting all the clocks; usually miss at least one - but it wasn't the Keurig coffee maker for sure.

@GrateEggspectations - Yes that was my Egging neighbor and they are good folks. Florida Power and Light never reveals what problem/s caused for the outage.

Their report outage phone number is just annoying. The number is printed on every bill but calling it after normal work hours is an exercise in trying to remain calm. Their phone tree is designed to not get you to an agent until all their recorded "information" messages are played.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Just got off of my annual phone call with Sirius XM. My subscription was set to renew at $334 for 12 months. I called and asked them to cancel and they dropped the price to $122. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• fishlessman
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Just got off of my annual phone call with Sirius XM. My subscription was set to renew at $334 for 12 months. I called and asked them to cancel and they dropped the price to $122. 

those guys are programmed to tell you anything to keep you. i think it was free for about a year of me cancelling, no im not going to pay for it, you cant even turn it on where its parked outside on the street.  they even told me they fixed the problem of it cutting out twice a minute from passing trees
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    How long did they put you on hold/transfer you?  Two years ago it took 40 minutes before I got my $99/yr rate back.  Last year I wrote them a letter (to avoid the wasted time on the phone), stating I'd stay with them for $99/yr, otherwise cancel.  They called me, and I told them they already had my final offer in writing, and I hung up.  They sent me an email, I replied with a copy of my written letter attached.
    Next month, the higher rate appeared on my CC bill, called USAA and got it removed (I provided USAA with all documentation).  Happened again the next month, and the next.  Finally, my service stopped.
    The next day, the very next f***ing day, they send me a letter saying they wanted me back, only $99/the first year.

F*** those miserable shysters.  I will never do business with them again, and I've stopped using my credit card for any "renewable products/services" (like magazine subscriptions).  I'll pay by check, or no transaction.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Botch said:
    shtgunal3 said:
    How long did they put you on hold/transfer you?  Two years ago it took 40 minutes before I got my $99/yr rate back.  Last year I wrote them a letter (to avoid the wasted time on the phone), stating I'd stay with them for $99/yr, otherwise cancel.  They called me, and I told them they already had my final offer in writing, and I hung up.  They sent me an email, I replied with a copy of my written letter attached.
    Next month, the higher rate appeared on my CC bill, called USAA and got it removed (I provided USAA with all documentation).  Happened again the next month, and the next.  Finally, my service stopped.
    The next day, the very next f***ing day, they send me a letter saying they wanted me back, only $99/the first year.

F*** those miserable shysters.  I will never do business with them again, and I've stopped using my credit card for any "renewable products/services" (like magazine subscriptions).  I'll pay by check, or no transaction.  

When Stern retires they are done.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    Good reminder I need to call Sirius and fake cancel.

For now, just watching these

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    edited September 2022
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Last night watching tigers....
    Great seats to watch a great win for my team. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Botch said:
    shtgunal3 said:

I was actually on the phone with them about 5 minutes total and that included me having to look for my account number while they waited. And I’ve never had an issue with there service. I use it in my truck, on my phone, in office, on Amazon devices, at RV parks etc. Never an issue. You just have to remember to fake cancel every year before your renewal date.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Well, it didn't work that way for me; glad you got thru it in 5 minutes.  It is a useful service.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.