Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Kegerator owner here @Langner91, I do need a tap handle I thought about making one out of wood.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Here's my handles, They say "Lager" on the other side.

Everyone also has a phone holder on their desk.  Not sure what we did before 3D printers!

Clinton, Iowa
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,167
    Kegerator owner here @Langner91, I do need a tap handle I thought about making one out of wood.
    Warning, your about to venture down a massive rabbit hole. Let the collection begin.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Langner91 said:

I always wanted a keg-er-ator.  My engineers printed me several tapper handles when we got ours at work.  That was back when 3D printers cost more than keg-er  I still don't have one, but I have the tapper handles!
    You have the handles…. Maybe it is time to get one! 🤣😂

paqman said:
    Langner91 said:

I always wanted a keg-er-ator.  My engineers printed me several tapper handles when we got ours at work.  That was back when 3D printers cost more than keg-er  I still don't have one, but I have the tapper handles!
    You have the handles…. Maybe it is time to get one! 🤣😂
    I was trying to remember how much beer I have consumed in 2022.   I think I am up to 3 bottles of Miller lite so far.  There's still 3 in the fridge.  I'm just not sure it is a financially responsible decision.

But, thank you for the encouragement!  This forum should come with a warning!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    KAB and KA Can. Thank you CGS
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    And back to Briley’s for more chokes this week.   Full and Extra full, dove flying tall this year.   

At this rate I’ll have almost as much. $ in chokes as the dang O/U is worth.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Boudin, Italian, Hotlink, Xtra SPICY.
  • kl8ton said:

Bacon seeds!
    Going in deep this year. Two of those are Berkshire.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited September 2022
    SonVolt said:
    The Ninja Creami. Apparently it's based on the Pacojet, a commercial reverse-churn ice cream maker that costs $6,000 and is supposedly revolutionary in the world if ice-cream making. The patent ran out and Ninja released a home version at a considerably cheaper price point. The Modernist Cuisine guys gave it rave reviews. I haven't used it yet, but will report back.  

It's unique in that unlike the traditional method of churning and freezing an ice-cream base, you simply freeze your base solid. Then when you want ice-cream, the machine churns it on-demand by spinning a blade from the top down, essentially shaving a very thin layer off the top and driving down until it reaches the bottom. This somehow eliminates ice crystals and produces a super smooth product, one of the main problems of making ice-cream on traditional home equipment. It's cool in that you can have multiple pints of base in the freezer and pull them out at any time. Churn time is only ~2 minutes. 

I looked at this thing at Costco. I was intrigued until I l saw the size of the jar. It looked like a single serve cup or maybe large enough for 2 people.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    edited September 2022
    SonVolt said:
    The Ninja Creami. Apparently it's based on the Pacojet, a commercial reverse-churn ice cream maker that costs $6,000 and is supposedly revolutionary in the world if ice-cream making. The patent ran out and Ninja released a home version at a considerably cheaper price point. The Modernist Cuisine guys gave it rave reviews. I haven't used it yet, but will report back.  

It's unique in that unlike the traditional method of churning and freezing an ice-cream base, you simply freeze your base solid. Then when you want ice-cream, the machine churns it on-demand by spinning a blade from the top down, essentially shaving a very thin layer off the top and driving down until it reaches the bottom. This somehow eliminates ice crystals and produces a super smooth product, one of the main problems of making ice-cream on traditional home equipment. It's cool in that you can have multiple pints of base in the freezer and pull them out at any time. Churn time is only ~2 minutes. 

I looked at this thing at Costco. I was intrigued until I l saw the size of the jar. It looked like a single serve cup or maybe large enough for 2 people.

Just how much ice cream do you eat at a time??? :)
    The containers are the same size as a pint of Ben&Jerry or HagenDozzz, etc. which is usually enough for four servings (at least in our house). Tho I do have to admit that I have scarfed a whole pint by myself on rare occasion.
    I could see tho that if the ice cream it makes isn't very dense that a pint would barely be enough for two servings.
    The reviews seems rather good. Wonder what it's mechanical lifespan is like.
    A couple decades ago or so I bought one of those Italian compressor model ice cream makers (about $1K). We used it quite a bit when we first got it but usage tapered off over a couple of years. It's been on a shelf in the garage unused for about 10 years now.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 679
    HeavyG said:
    SonVolt said:

Just how much ice cream do you eat at a time??? :)
    The containers are the same size as a pint of Ben&Jerry or HagenDozzz, etc. which is usually enough for four servings (at least in our house). Tho I do have to admit that I have scarfed a whole pint by myself on rare occasion.
    I could see tho that if the ice cream it makes isn't very dense that a pint would barely be enough for two servings.
    The reviews seems rather good. Wonder what it's mechanical lifespan is like.
    A couple decades ago or so I bought one of those Italian compressor model ice cream makers (about $1K). We used it quite a bit when we first got it but usage tapered off over a couple of years. It's been on a shelf in the garage unused for about 10 years now.
    Same with me, though I paid a lot less. Maybe 300 or so? Used it until my better half put it in a inconvenient location. It's been there since. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited September 2022
    SonVolt said:

The cup is 16oz. It's meant to be an "on-demand" ice-cream maker, so the idea is to have multiple pints waiting in the freezer. It comes with 2 and I just ordered 4 more off Amazon. 

That said, Ninja is releasing a "Deluxe Creami" next month with a "pint" size of 24oz. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    Should I go bananas over this ^^^
    or stick with this vvv

https://youtu.be/3eDyV2gbC0Q
    canuckland
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    iPhone 14 Pro and Apple Watch ultra. 

ETA on the watch is November 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Should I go bananas over this ^^^
    or stick with this vvv

https://youtu.be/3eDyV2gbC0Q
    We have one of these.  It works and is good.  But must really like bananas 
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • paqman
    edited September 2022
    ColtsFan said:

I almost pulled the trigger on the watch but SWMBO must still digest the 3D printer purchase (and I replaced my watch a few months ago) 🤷‍♂️

I think that i’ll wait for the next iteration (hoping that it will include the blood sugar readings).  The new umbrr leather band looks great so I just ordered that one!

I don't get the attraction of the Ultra watch. 
  • paqman
    ColtsFan said:

The battery life alone makes it worth it IMHO.  The larger and brighter display with saphire glass.  Platinum…

edited September 2022
    paqman said:
    ColtsFan said:

The battery life alone makes it worth it IMHO.  The larger and brighter display with saphire glass.  Platinum…
    And its actually $200  less than most people expected.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Is the Ultra the "rugged sports model" they announced a couple months back or is that still to come?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    If I could wear jewelry besides a plain wedding band at work, I’d have an Apple Watch. As it stands, I’ve got 2 watches that spend 95% of their lives on a watch winder. The watch industry has taken such a hit from smart watches it’s unreal
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    SonVolt said:
    Is the Ultra the "rugged sports model" they announced a couple months back or is that still to come?
    Yes, titanium cased. Larger buttons for easy use with gloves. A more protected display and significantly louder speakers and more mics. And it’s basically a dive computer if that’s your thing
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• And back to Briley’s for more chokes this week.   Full and Extra full, dove flying tall this year.   

Man if you can dust a dove with an extra full, I might need to come take some lessons from you! Ive been running a modified/mid range. From people I have talked to, they are saying dove numbers are down this year too.
    LBGE
    AL
  • TechsasJim
    And back to Briley’s for more chokes this week.   Full and Extra full, dove flying tall this year.   

Man if you can dust a dove with an extra full, I might need to come take some lessons from you! Ive been running a modified/mid range. From people I have talked to, they are saying dove numbers are down this year too.
    hahaha, yes, I used to run a full choke on a previous gun and had great success.    Sadly when I went out a couple weeks back I only had a skeet and IC which made it hard to reach out and touch them.    I'll be out Friday with the new ones and will report back.    They were everywhere that day but all so tall.
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:
    If I could wear jewelry besides a plain wedding band at work, I’d have an Apple Watch. As it stands, I’ve got 2 watches that spend 95% of their lives on a watch winder. The watch industry has taken such a hit from smart watches it’s unreal
    I grabbed an Apple Watch 7 a couple months ago thinking (hoping) I would love it.   Come to find out I really don't--keeps me too plugged in.   I wear it from time to time, specifically at business lunches where I can keep my phone in my pocket and not be "the guy always looking at his phone".    That's just me though, I can see where others may love theirs (like the rest of my family).