Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @jdMyers - Were the Triple F guys on the road??  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jdMyers
    I havnt seen any in a while.  Been working like crazy too.  This 918 was an older couple.  Neat to see
    Columbus, Ohio
  • jdMyers
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @jdMyers that is one ugly car but if gifted I would keep it!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @lousubcap it looks like a zoomed in picture of a predator insect… I like it
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    That 918 is a an absolute dream car.  I would rather have that than a Bugatti.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Botch said:
    Okay, these aren't exotics but I live in Ogden, not Park City, mmmkay?

Car Show downtown today, and it looked like a Mustang meet, 50-75 Mustangs, plus a few GT500s, Bullits, etc.  My second car was a '71 Rustang, whopping 180 ci engine with three-on-the-floor, what a babe-magnet (not).  This one's a '72, nice leather top, and it was good to see the Ol' Girl in the flesh again:  

NIce Cobra.  The engine bay had so much room to work, ah the good ol' days.

Suh-weet fastback, my photography didn't give the paint justice...

...and another beautifully-kept '65 (rear wheel not stock).  

That bottom red Mustang is a '68. I can't tell what the red hardtop behind the red '69 is
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    Botch said:
    Okay, these aren't exotics but I live in Ogden, not Park City, mmmkay?

Car Show downtown today, and it looked like a Mustang meet, 50-75 Mustangs, plus a few GT500s, Bullits, etc.  My second car was a '71 Rustang, whopping 180 ci engine with three-on-the-floor, what a babe-magnet (not).  This one's a '72, nice leather top, and it was good to see the Ol' Girl in the flesh again:  

NIce Cobra.  The engine bay had so much room to work, ah the good ol' days.

Suh-weet fastback, my photography didn't give the paint justice...

...and another beautifully-kept '65 (rear wheel not stock).  

That red fastback is nice. I will take that one, on back roads I would race it with a dodge Plymouth though
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    VP I work with just got this. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

What's the consensus here on a 4 door Porsche/Maserati/etc?

Cool or not cool?

Some friends/colleagues think that if you're going with a true sports car brand you should get a sports car.  Or get a good family car from a company that is known to make great family cars.  But to get a family car from a sports car company seems - to them - to be the worst of both worlds and accomplishes nothing.

Thoughts?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• fishlessman
    Foghorn said:

Cool or not cool?

Some friends/colleagues think that if you're going with a true sports car brand you should get a sports car.  Or get a good family car from a company that is known to make great family cars.  But to get a family car from a sports car company seems - to them - to be the worst of both worlds and accomplishes nothing.

Thoughts?

dont like the four doors but hate that color even more
    fukahwee maine

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Foghorn said:

Cool or not cool?

Thoughts?
    A true Porsche should come in two doors with three pedals. 

The Porsche Cayenne SUV essentially saved Porsche. Without the four door SUV Porsche there might not be any more two door Porsche's. The same could be said for Lamborghini, Bentley, and Rolls Royce with their 4 door SUVs. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I thought it was a blue Accord, until I saw the taillights.  

Clinton, Iowa
  • Hey if it has to have 4 doors in order to slip it past swmbo who am I to judge.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TEXASBGE2018
    edited August 2022
    Well my boss drives a Panamera and another Executive I know up there drives a Cayenne. Lots of Porsches at work. In my town Every soccer mom that wanted to look "different" from the typical Escalade, GX460, or Denali Yukon driving moms ended up in a Cayenne. Now they are a dime a dozen out here. The truly unique ones now are driving G Wagons.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Foghorn said:

Cool or not cool?

Thoughts?

My thoughts: Multiple examples of cool vehicles from multiple brands.  Cool defined as being able to get pleasure by just looking at it in your garage or someone else's or on the street.
    For me, for a Sports Car, it has to have two doors.  Since the third pedal is heading to extinction I've lightened up on that, but I'm not happy about it.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    I keep trying to convince my wife to get a Urus.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • I keep trying to convince my wife to get a Urus.
    Neighbour had one and quite liked it. It’s pictured somewhere in my posts on here. A fun, cheap alternative is the Jeep TrackHawk. B-I-L owned one and loved it. I took it for a spin a few times and it sure kicked. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    In my town Every soccer mom that wanted to look "different" from the typical Escalade, GX460, or Denali Yukon driving moms ended up in a Cayenne. Now they are a dime a dozen out here.
    The first couple years they offered the Cayenne in manual transmission. Not many were purchased in manual but was an option. They're becoming collector vehicles and the value keeps going north. (Not so much with an automatic)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Not "exotic" but these are pretty rare right now. Of all the colors in the friggin rainbow they chose a goldish hued diarrhea brown.

• Not "exotic" but these are pretty rare right now. Of all the colors in the friggin rainbow they chose a goldish hued diarrhea brown.

Should seriously consider asking the HOA to outlaw that colour!
  • Not "exotic" but these are pretty rare right now. Of all the colors in the friggin rainbow they chose a goldish hued diarrhea brown.

Lol, I was thinking that would be a great color for a bass boat!
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • TEXASBGE2018
    edited August 2022
    Not "exotic" but these are pretty rare right now. Of all the colors in the friggin rainbow they chose a goldish hued diarrhea brown.

My HOA is too busy NOT fining some people for having 3ft tall weeds in their yards. But that's another story. Maybe I'll create an OT thread.

My HOA is too busy NOT fining some people for having 3ft tall weeds in their yards. But that's another story. Maybe I'll create an OT thread.
    I feel like that would play very well here. Might I suggest tomorrow night as a starting point?
  • fishlessman

another foot and you wont even see the bassboat
    fukahwee maine