Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,980
    Options
    I had a fun side project car in high school that I paid like $3k for. It was a 1977 K5 Blazer. By the time it was done I had 44" tires on it and a 10" lift. Probably 8-9ft tall when completed. Probably Not quite to the height of that Chevy above but it was fun sitting at the same level as semi trucks. If only I would have kept that thing it would probably be worth $30k today. 
    I’m assuming you would’ve parked it on your front lawn?  ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Options
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    jdMyers said:

I have enough aggravation at 99% of the douchey BMW drivers I encounter, I can't imagine what this one is like but that is one sweet looking car.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    jdMyers said:

Cool photos and fun car... but that license plate.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I like it with the exception of the spoiler.  Totally unnecessary and kind of guido-ish on that car.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the front design and you've gotta be haulin for a spoiler to be of value.  Likely just part of the "look at me" package.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I had a fun side project car in high school that I paid like $3k for. It was a 1977 K5 Blazer. By the time it was done I had 44" tires on it and a 10" lift. Probably 8-9ft tall when completed. Probably Not quite to the height of that Chevy above but it was fun sitting at the same level as semi trucks. If only I would have kept that thing it would probably be worth $30k today. 
    But if you still had it, would the HOA let you park it in your driveway?
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    As long as it's in working order yep.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I thought about you the other day... for a week a guy down the road had a pontoon boat in his front yard,  not on a trailer.  He's not in an HOA but they're all around him.  From his yard, you can see houses that have been selling in the 7-800k range.  He did weed whip around it nicely.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Personally, I put the practice of subscription-related purchases squarely in the “nope” pile, unless they’re entertainment-based, like music or movies. This is pretty twisted….

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/subscription-services-heated-seats-bmw-1.6527939
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Personally, I put the practice of subscription-related purchases squarely in the “nope” pile, unless they’re entertainment-based, like music or movies. This is pretty twisted….

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/subscription-services-heated-seats-bmw-1.6527939
    Yeah that’s not OK.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options

"entertainment-based, like music..."
    finally got out of my SiriusXM contract, after 3 months.  
    I got a free 6-mo subscription when I bought my last car, and kind've enjoyed it, was able to extend the service for 12 mo/$99, which was worth it to me.  Then it jumped to $26 or so per one month, and I cancelled it.  
    Three weeks later I get an offer from them, via mail, $99 for 12 months, again.  I re-signed.  Rate jumped again, and I called to cancel; they now had a very clever system of putting you on hold and referring you "to their supervisor", twice, and I was finally able to cancel.  It took 45 minutes.  Again, 3 weeks later they offered $99/yr and again I stupidly signed back up.  
    But THIS year, when the $26 fee came up, I didn't call.  I wrote them a letter stating that I'd stay with them if they kept my $99/yr rate; otherwise, Cancel.  They called me on the phone and tried the same trick but I immediately told them, "You have, in writing, my final offer" and hung up.  
    Got an email from them: if you wish to cancel please call us at...  I replied to the email, again, "You have, in writing, my final offer".  $26 fee showed up on my CC bill, and I called USAA.  Was able to have the fee cancelled.  USAA told me they didn't have the ability to block future charges from SXM, all I could do is change my CC number (which is full of other headaches).  Fortunately, I got another email from SXM saying my account was cancelled.  But, in a final stab of wicked business practice, they sent another  email, the next day, stating that $13 was refunded to me, but not via cash or CC; it would only be added to my "account".  F*ckers.

I have no doubt I will be receiving a letter from them offering $99/yr again, in about three weeks.  I will open the letter with cotton gloves (no fingerprints), and using an Xacto carefully remove all ref. numbers and names, write an appropriate message (still in gloves), put it into an envelope, along with 2 tsps flour, and seal the envelope with a paintbrush dipped in water (no DNA).  

And a related lesson: don't ever buy a magazine subscription thru amazoid or similar; they send you the "to keep your subscription current you don't need to do anything!"  message, and won't mention the rate triples or so.  Snail mail, and written checks, still have their use.  Sorry for rambling so long.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Botch said:

"entertainment-based, like music..."
    finally got out of my SiriusXM contract, after 3 months.  
    I got a free 6-mo subscription when I bought my last car, and kind've enjoyed it, was able to extend the service for 12 mo/$99, which was worth it to me.  Then it jumped to $26 or so per one month, and I cancelled it.  
    Three weeks later I get an offer from them, via mail, $99 for 12 months, again.  I re-signed.  Rate jumped again, and I called to cancel; they now had a very clever system of putting you on hold and referring you "to their supervisor", twice, and I was finally able to cancel.  It took 45 minutes.  Again, 3 weeks later they offered $99/yr and again I stupidly signed back up.  
    But THIS year, when the $26 fee came up, I didn't call.  I wrote them a letter stating that I'd stay with them if they kept my $99/yr rate; otherwise, Cancel.  They called me on the phone and tried the same trick but I immediately told them, "You have, in writing, my final offer" and hung up.  
    Got an email from them: if you wish to cancel please call us at...  I replied to the email, again, "You have, in writing, my final offer".  $26 fee showed up on my CC bill, and I called USAA.  Was able to have the fee cancelled.  USAA told me they didn't have the ability to block future charges from SXM, all I could do is change my CC number (which is full of other headaches).  Fortunately, I got another email from SXM saying my account was cancelled.  But, in a final stab of wicked business practice, they sent another  email, the next day, stating that $13 was refunded to me, but not via cash or CC; it would only be added to my "account".  F*ckers.

I have no doubt I will be receiving a letter from them offering $99/yr again, in about three weeks.  I will open the letter with cotton gloves (no fingerprints), and using an Xacto carefully remove all ref. numbers and names, write an appropriate message (still in gloves), put it into an envelope, along with 2 tsps flour, and seal the envelope with a paintbrush dipped in water (no DNA).  

And a related lesson: don't ever buy a magazine subscription thru amazoid or similar; they send you the "to keep your subscription current you don't need to do anything!"  message, and won't mention the rate triples or so.  Snail mail, and written checks, still have their use.  Sorry for rambling so long.  

Exact reason we cancelled our subscriptions in both our Lexus' prior to the free 12months ending. We listened to like 3 stations all of which were on their mid tier package. Not worth it. It is nice to have live traffic updates but I can get on my iPhone if I need it that bad.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @hook_emhornsfan_74

Looks like a great time was had by all. What a treat 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Now that is the new age bachelor party right there.  Would if I got divorced and rolled in again that I would be so lucky!  Sweet!   :D
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    Went to buddies bachelor party this weekend and we got to drive high end cars on a 1.3 mile long road track/course. Was a great time. I drove the lotus. 
    Awesome bachelor party!!  How cool is that!!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac @lousubcap @GrateEggspectations yeah it was a lot of fun.  Was hard to let your brain relax and let the car do its thing. The track was really technical.  Tacking the turns at those speeds seemed really crazy. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    I learned at a car meet, many years ago, that my shoe will not fit into a Lotus, much less the rest of me.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    So the bachelor is 6’9”. He had to literally sit in every car to see what he would fit in. He drove the Ferrari.  He couldn’t wear the helmet.  The lotus wasn’t the fastest car but it was the best handling of them all. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options

so theres ways to get around such a silly hoa rule

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Don’t know if this is the owner’s ride or a contractor. I suspect the latter. 

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,310
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Bentley sighting at the Costco.

(Edit: If I was taking a ride like that to Costco, I’d be sure to park squarely within the lines to minimize potential for a door ding. Then again, I guess an owner of such a vehicle has the means to repair or otherwise replace it. 🙃)

• lousubcap
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - I get the city in which you live and the general upscale neighbourhood (nod) and the hits just keep on coming.  BTW- I think the Bentley driver parked entirely too close to the Costco entrance.  Shoulda walked a whole lot further. B)
    I agree with the contractor assessment but is that architecture more modern than the rest of the surroundings?  
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations - I get the city in which you live and the general upscale neighbourhood (nod) and the hits just keep on coming.  BTW- I think the Bentley driver parked entirely too close to the Costco entrance.  Shoulda walked a whole lot further. B)
    I agree with the contractor assessment but is that architecture more modern than the rest of the surroundings?  
    You are right that the best way to avoid the dings is to park far from the entrances. A deeply-held belief of my father’s that he has instilled in me, but that has been somewhat subverted by my significant other’s appetite for convenience. And I guess it doesn’t hurt that we drive vehicles for the plebs. 🙂

As far as the architecture, this is becoming increasingly typical. PM’ing you with a little more detail as to not draw the ire of the off-topic gods. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Very nice.  That Carmen Ghia pic brought some memories of great times.  
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    We had a car show here at the mothership last weekend, here are a few pictures. 

Don't know how I missed it! Thanks!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.