Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

'No Way To Prevent This,' says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    yes. @littlerascal56 is right.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking said:
    Is someone having a “meltdown”???  Day drinking again?
  • caliking
    caliking said:
    Is someone having a “meltdown”???  Day drinking again?

Thanks for being the poster boy.

• Legume said:

Things the left fear:
    Trump, MAGA hats, God, churches, Christians, guns, bullets, free speech, the second amendment, Trump, pronouns, trying to describe what a woman is, justice, the Constitution, voter ID, Trump, the police, laws, allowing children to be born, all fossil fuels, personal responsibility, Trump, a secure border, thinking for yourself, not blindly following their leaders, Trump, global warming, logical thinking, manly men, Fox News, freedom, not getting government handouts, hard work, paying their own way, Trump, flags, statues, maple syrup bottles,…
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Trump and Fox “news” for sure!
  • caliking
    Legume said:

Things the left fear:
    Trump, MAGA hats, God, churches, Christians, guns, bullets, free speech, the second amendment, Trump, pronouns, trying to describe what a woman is, justice, the Constitution, voter ID, Trump, the police, laws, allowing children to be born, all fossil fuels, personal responsibility, Trump, a secure border, thinking for yourself, not blindly following their leaders, Trump, global warming, logical thinking, manly men, Fox News, freedom, not getting government handouts, hard work, paying their own way, Trump, flags, statues, maple syrup bottles,…
    I’m not so worried about the hats. It’s the empty spaces under them that cause some concern. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    I intentionally refrain from commenting on most of the highly charged political $hitshow threads and associated posts.  But after what Cheeto did in defiance of his oath of office regarding the US Constitution (his oath, "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.") I have to wonder where the hard-over acolytes can square what he attempted to do. 
    Never mind the "I need big guns to make my Richard feel manly" baseline that seems to be a foundation.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    Things the left fear:
    thinking for yourself, not blindly following their leaders…
    This portion certainly gave me a good chuckle.
    Stillwater, MN
  • lousubcap
    edited August 2022
    In the late hour of Saturday night let me offer a few links for reference:
    The US Constitution:
    https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/constitution-transcript
    And the Bill of Rights:
    https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/bill-of-rights-transcript
    You will have to do some independent work to read each of the articles and that will likely be a reach for some.   
    Edit:  If, after you read and understand (key word) the above linked documents you are still in the Cheeto camp then there is no hope and that is a sad indictment on the state of this country.  
    If you can't put country ahead of politics or some orange haired golfer hiding classified government documents, the research of which you funded then we are in an extremely dark place.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Things the left fear:
    thinking for yourself, not blindly following their leaders…
    This portion certainly gave me a good chuckle.
    Ha!  I completely missed that.
  • Legume
    lousubcap said:
    The US Constitution:
    And the Bill of Rights:
    You will have to do some independent work to read each of the articles and that will likely be a reach for some.   
    Edit:  If, after you read and understand (key word) the above linked documents you are still in the Cheeto camp then there is no hope and that is a sad indictment on the state of this country.  
    If you can't put country ahead of politics or some orange haired golfer hiding classified government documents, the research of which you funded then we are in an extremely dark place.  FWIW-
    Thanks for posting that Frank, I couldn’t agree more with your comments.
  • lousubcap said:
    Constitutional debate still hearty unfortunately. The politicians in his camp have a vested interest in re-election.  So they support the gamesmanship via lies.  Party politics at its worst.  

Only way out of this is to encourage en masse, at the individual level, a commitment to thinking about every issue before letting someone tell you what to think. That is actually freedom. Following any politician or party blindly means giving up the freedom to think. 

• lousubcap said:
    The US Constitution:
    And the Bill of Rights:
    WOW ! A liberal telling us about rights and the Constitution. You really are brainwashed into thinking everything the left does is justified. So tell me what Trump did that broke all of these things you say. Not talking about mean tweets and such.

The democrats hate both the things you post or at least try to justify pissing on it when they go against it. The modern democrats have no morals. You hate free speech. You hate the second amendment. You hate America. You love huge overreaching government. You love they change voting laws to allow cheating. I mean really, who thinks having no ID is a good thing? You want people paid to not work and given things they don't work for. The reason you are blind is because you have no moral compass. That's just a fact. People struggle with right from wrong and the bible even talks of this. I know many of you are atheist and its the reason you are like you are. 
  • Who do we call at BGE HQ to report a murder in an OT thread?  Bruce?
  • lousubcap said:
    The US Constitution:
    And the Bill of Rights:
    WOW ! A liberal telling us about rights and the Constitution. You really are brainwashed into thinking everything the left does is justified. So tell me what Trump did that broke all of these things you say. Not talking about mean tweets and such.

The democrats hate both the things you post or at least try to justify pissing on it when they go against it. The modern democrats have no morals. You hate free speech. You hate the second amendment. You hate America. You love huge overreaching government. You love they change voting laws to allow cheating. I mean really, who thinks having no ID is a good thing? You want people paid to not work and given things they don't work for. The reason you are blind is because you have no moral compass. That's just a fact. People struggle with right from wrong and the bible even talks of this. I know many of you are atheist and its the reason you are like you are. 
    @lousubcap won't respond to this, so I will.  The guy you are calling a "liberal" is a retired and distinguished officer of the US Navy, one who has introduced Mitch McConnell before various speeches in Kentucky.  I would guess that he has voted for Republicans the vast majority of his life.  He is someone who has more integrity in every fiber of his body than you have probably ever had in yours.  No moral compass, good god man.  

You will ask how you were supposed to know that, but that's kind of the point, isn't it?  You jumped to assuming he was a liberal and a Democrat because he presented a view of things that challenged your own.  You might want to take a step back and think about all of this before continuing to spew your standard serving of bile.  Of course you'll have to pull your head out of your ass first.  
    There are swamp rats and libs everywhere. Our military and agencies are full of them. Mitch is a swamp rat too. I can only go by what a person post and the things they stand for. When people talk of limiting or taking freedoms I know where they stand. He goes out of his way to trash Trump yet doesn't talk about the garbage from the other side and the blatant disregard for rule and law then how do you think someone will take it? I don't care for the woke people that  are crapping all over this country. I don't care what walk of life you are from.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited August 2022
    I get the game you guys are playing but Not every Republican is a moron. What I don't get is you sit here and bash on Republicans in a circle jerk with each other and yet you never mention the idiocy of some on the left? Why is that? Hank Johnson has taken up countless hours in Congress on the most retarded stuff imaginable and yet not a whisper? I've watched countless videos of Biden showing clear cognitive issues and not a peep. Things like holding his hand out to shake the hand of someone that's not even there, calling his VP the President. Ya ok fine it's little flubs but if Trump did that you'd all get on here giving each other high fives about how stupid he is. If you guys didn't make your partisan bias so obvious you wouldn't rile up the fringe folks.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• I get the game you guys are playing but Not every Republican is a moron. What I don't get is you sit here and bash on Republicans in a circle jerk with each other and yet you never mention the idiocy of some on the left? Why is that? Hank Johnson has taken up countless hours in Congress on the most retarded stuff imaginable and yet not a whisper? I've watched countless videos of Biden showing clear cognitive issues and not a peep. Things like holding his hand out to shake the hand of someone that's not even there, calling his VP the President. Ya ok fine it's little flubs but if Trump did that you'd all get on here giving each other high fives about how stupid he is. If you guys didn't make your partisan bias so obvious you wouldn't rile up the fringe folks.
    Last I checked, there is nothing stopping you or anyone else here starting a new thread to point out the many issues you'd like to see discussed.  Just don't be surprised if people have a slightly different perspective or take on them than you do.  Unless you believe you're the only person here immune to confirmation bias?  
  • "In this thread on pepper stout beef, why isn't anyone talking about how great pork belly is?!?!?!?"
  • TEXASBGE2018
    edited August 2022
    I get the game you guys are playing but Not every Republican is a moron. What I don't get is you sit here and bash on Republicans in a circle jerk with each other and yet you never mention the idiocy of some on the left? Why is that? Hank Johnson has taken up countless hours in Congress on the most retarded stuff imaginable and yet not a whisper? I've watched countless videos of Biden showing clear cognitive issues and not a peep. Things like holding his hand out to shake the hand of someone that's not even there, calling his VP the President. Ya ok fine it's little flubs but if Trump did that you'd all get on here giving each other high fives about how stupid he is. If you guys didn't make your partisan bias so obvious you wouldn't rile up the fringe folks.
    Last I checked, there is nothing stopping you or anyone else here starting a new thread to point out the many issues you'd like to see discussed.  Just don't be surprised if people have a slightly different perspective or take on them than you do.  Unless you believe you're the only person here immune to confirmation bias?  
    Ya because I'm sure if I started a "dumb things Hank Johnson has said" thread it wouldn't turn into a "but look at all these dumb republicans" thread in about 5 seconds. That's my point. I never see you same 4-5 guys own up to the dumb things democrats do. Heck if I'm wrong then prove it. I'd love to see one of you start a "Biden gaffes" thread. Not one of your troll accounts. Which generally speaking are pretty funny. But one of your real accounts. I wanna see Caliking or Nola or Legume post a "look at how dumb Biden is here" thread.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• I get the game you guys are playing but Not every Republican is a moron. What I don't get is you sit here and bash on Republicans in a circle jerk with each other and yet you never mention the idiocy of some on the left? Why is that? Hank Johnson has taken up countless hours in Congress on the most retarded stuff imaginable and yet not a whisper? I've watched countless videos of Biden showing clear cognitive issues and not a peep. Things like holding his hand out to shake the hand of someone that's not even there, calling his VP the President. Ya ok fine it's little flubs but if Trump did that you'd all get on here giving each other high fives about how stupid he is. If you guys didn't make your partisan bias so obvious you wouldn't rile up the fringe folks.
    Ya because I'm sure if I started a "dumb things Hank Johnson has said" thread it wouldn't turn into a "but look at all these dumb republicans" thread in about 5 seconds. That's my point. I never see you same 4-5 guys own up to the dumb things democrats do. 
    Why should anyone give a **** about Hank Johnson?  I had to google the guy to find out who he is.  He’s a minor rep from Georgia.  You live in Texas.  What news sources are providing you with all sorts of info on Hank Johnson?
  • lousubcap
    I go out of my way to trash Cheeto because of his "The Big Lie and Stolen Election campaigning" along with his role in the January 6 insurrection.  No other President in history has attempted to do what he did in direct conflict with the certified results.  For me that is several orders of magnitude more serious than any other president or administration has attempted or done.  Anything else on either side of the isle pales in comparison.  He makes Nixon look like a saint.  
    I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how the down ballot R candidates did well if the whole thing was stolen.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there- 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Wake me up, and wake joe up for that matter, when he starts criming. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
    Ya because I'm sure if I started a "dumb things Hank Johnson has said" thread it wouldn't turn into a "but look at all these dumb republicans" thread in about 5 seconds. That's my point. I never see you same 4-5 guys own up to the dumb things democrats do. Heck if I'm wrong then prove it. I'd love to see one of you start a "Biden gaffes" thread. Not one of your troll accounts. Which generally speaking are pretty funny. But one of your real accounts. I wanna see Caliking or Nola or Legume post a "look at how dumb Biden is here" thread.
    Just saw your edit.  First of all, none of those people are your monkey.  You’re deflecting to them because you just don’t want to use your own agency here.  “If you don’t do this it will prove I’m right about you!”  Please.  Third graders argue this way.

Secondly, you think Biden’s gaffes are a big deal due to your own biases.  You’re convinced they’re all indicators of cognitive decline, instead of someone who is in front of cameras 24/7 and is up there in age and who happens to have a long history of gaffes.   There’s an important difference there.  And you seem oblivious to the notion that the way you’re getting this info are from sources with their own skewed perspective.  
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Just saw your edit.  First of all, none of those people are your monkey.  You’re deflecting to them because you just don’t want to use your own agency here.  “If you don’t do this it will prove I’m right about you!”  Please.  Third graders argue this way.

Secondly, you think Biden’s gaffes are a big deal due to your own biases.  You’re convinced they’re all indicators of cognitive decline, instead of someone who is in front of cameras 24/7 and is up there in age and who happens to have a long history of gaffes.   There’s an important difference there.  And you seem oblivious to the notion that the way you’re getting this info are from sources with their own skewed perspective.  
    I'm not going to sit here and argue any more with a troll account. I'm not demanding anything. I'm saying if the folks that argue so rabidly for the left side would be honest and admit there are many on that side that are equally as questionable it would go a long way. Yet they don't and won't. Talk about 3rd grade tactics you can never admit any democrat doing anything wrong. I'll call
    out the stupid mess Trump did just as fast as the stupid mess Biden does. Trump stealing classified documents if proven true in court then he needs to be thrown in jail. Im a little young to recall everything about Reagan but I'm pretty sure shaking hands at thin air when he was in his second term wasn't a thing. Biden is like 79 and he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer 10 years ago. But again I don't expect any of you to admit what's obvious to everyone else. That's not in the playbook. We deserve better leaders than Biden and Trump. Unfortunately the honest politicians don't get very far.

• AnothaStolenGenrator
    edited August 2022

I'm not going to sit here and argue any more with a troll account. I'm not demanding anything. I'm saying if the folks that argue so rabidly for the left side would be honest and admit there are many on that side that are equally as questionable it would go a long way. Yet they don't and won't. Talk about 3rd grade tactics you can never admit any democrat doing anything wrong. I'll call
    out the stupid mess Trump did just as fast as the stupid mess Biden does. Trump stealing classified documents if proven true in court then he needs to be thrown in jail. Im a little young to recall everything about Reagan but I'm pretty sure shaking hands at thin air when he was in his second term wasn't a thing. Biden is like 79 and he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer 10 years ago. But again I don't expect any of you to admit what's obvious to everyone else. That's not in the playbook. We deserve better leaders than Biden and Trump. Unfortunately the honest politicians don't get very far.
    OK, but surely you admit that Biden’s gaffes aren’t exactly at the same level as stoking an insurrection, lying about the 2020 election, trying to force an official in Georgia to “find another 10k votes”, or refusing to return top secret nuclear files to the department of justice, thus forcing a raid by the FBI, right?  There are some pretty big differences in degree here that you’re glossing right over.
  • TEXASBGE2018

OK, but surely you admit that Biden’s gaffes aren’t exactly at the same level as stoking an insurrection, lying about the 2020 election, trying to force an official in Georgia to “find another 10k votes”, or refusing to return top secret nuclear files to the department of justice, thus forcing a raid by the FBI, right?  There are some pretty big differences in degree here that you’re glossing right over.
    Absolutely. They aren't at the same level at all. And again If proven in court Trump should face the consequences. But I haven't heard a word from the left about the shady stuff Pelosi's husband did recently. Nothing, and he essentially did the same thing Martha Stewart went to jail for.  Maybe it turns out what he did was perfectly legal, I dunno, I'm not a lawyer. But I'd say selling a few million in semiconductor stock days before a major announcement regarding semiconductor production in the U.S. when you wife is the friggin Speaker of the House is something that should be looked into. Why not a peep about that?

Absolutely. They aren't at the same level at all. And again If proven in court Trump should face the consequences. But I haven't heard a word from the left about the shady stuff Pelosi's husband did recently. Nothing, and he essentially did the same thing Martha Stewart went to jail for.  Maybe it turns out what he did was perfectly legal, I dunno, I'm not a lawyer. But I'd say selling a few million in semiconductor stock days before a major announcement regarding semiconductor production in the U.S. when you wife is the friggin Speaker of the House is something that should be looked into. Why not a peep about that?
    Is Pelosi’s husband under investigation the way Martha Stewart was?  Maybe once there’s some actual meat on that bone and not just Fox News innuendo and speculation, you’ll see something.  But you’re still talking about the spouse of a member of Congress instead of the member themselves.