Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

'No Way To Prevent This,' says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    I did not know ins covered mowing people down with my car....my driver ed instructor did say if I hit someone to back over him though
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    I did not know ins covered mowing people down with my car....my driver ed instructor did say if I hit someone to back over him though
    Keeps the claims/rates lower.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Dead. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    dmchicago said:
    Dead. 
    Good. Should have started his day that way. Way past cry for help. 
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Botch
    Options
    "well-regulated"  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Botch
    Options
    One of the mass shootings yesterday took place "near Dayton, OH"; tonight I finally learned it was in Beavercreek, where I lived from '83 to '87.  Still have friends living there.   :|  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    With almost three weeks to go:
    " 2023 broke the U.S. record for most mass shootings in a year. Last week, the count hit 38—in which at least 203 people have died—passing the previous high of 36, the Guardian reports."

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    So mass shootings have increased over the last 4 years. Interesting and probably an undercount. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    "2-year-old dies after accidentally shooting herself, Hampton police say"

'Murica!

Article does not contain much more than what the headline say. In the next day or two I'm sure we'll learn more about how the toddler got the weapon.

Ultimately I hope we learn that at least one of the adults in that household ends up in prison for many many years.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    Demographics certainly aren't changing for the better for the NRA and their ilk.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Options
    I didn't read/copy the article I saw in WaPo a couple days ago, but three strong gun-supporting congressmen were changing their tune (amazing what a loss in donations will do).  

• lousubcap
    Options
    Some interesting data:

Nearly 30,000 firearms have been stolen from vehicles since the Tennessee GOP relaxed gun laws. One decade after the “guns-in-trucks” law removed the penalty for keeping an unlocked firearm in a vehicle, thefts of such weapons have risen from just 46 in 2013 to more than 5,000 last year, according to data from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, as reported by NewsChannel 5 in Nashville.

Gun crimes have more than doubled in the state. From 2013 to 2022, Tennessee saw crimes against persons involving guns rise from nearly 10,000 to nearly 22,000. That number includes:

• Aggravated assaults with guns: 8,600 to more than 21,000.
    • Murders: 223 to 504.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Some interesting data:

Nearly 30,000 firearms have been stolen from vehicles since the Tennessee GOP relaxed gun laws. One decade after the “guns-in-trucks” law removed the penalty for keeping an unlocked firearm in a vehicle, thefts of such weapons have risen from just 46 in 2013 to more than 5,000 last year, according to data from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, as reported by NewsChannel 5 in Nashville.

Gun crimes have more than doubled in the state. From 2013 to 2022, Tennessee saw crimes against persons involving guns rise from nearly 10,000 to nearly 22,000. That number includes:

This is completely out of the blue! If only we had AI or something even more futuristic that could’ve predicted this!
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Legume said:
    lousubcap said:
    Some interesting data:

This is completely out of the blue! If only we had AI or something even more futuristic that could’ve predicted this!

stickers are more powerful than ai ;)

I did that Joe Biden Funny High Quality Metal 3 x 4 Fridge magnet 9467 - Picture 1 of 5

fukahwee maine

• Botch
    edited February 7
    Options
    A small victory.  Jennifer Crumbly, the mom who purchased a firearm for their disturbed son and repeatedly ignored the school's warnings about his mental health, was found criminally responsible (4 counts of involuntary manslaughter) for the mass shooting at Oxford HS in Michigan (so many of them I can't keep the names straight anymore).  His father's trial starts next month.  
    Baby steps.  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Botch said:
    A small victory.  Jennifer Crumbly, the mom who purchased a firearm for their disturbed son and repeatedly ignored the school's warnings about his mental health, was found criminally responsible (4 counts of involuntary manslaughter) for the mass shooting at Oxford HS in Michigan (so many of them I can't keep the names straight anymore).  His father's trial starts next month.  
    Baby steps.  
    Agreed, Botch.  If parents are held accountable, maybe they’ll start to think twice about keeping unsecured firearms in the house.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    To have what really should be a celebration by fans and a day that’s worry-free instead turned into one of terror and panic… effing A.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Totally agree.  What have we become as a nation?   The moral fabric that meant something for the common good is being shredded.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Tommy Tuberville is a loser football coach masquerading as a loser Senator, supporting a loser CHEETO.
    The above just confirms it.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Tommy Tuberville is a loser football coach masquerading as a loser Senator, supporting a loser CHEETO.
    The above just confirms it.  
    He might just be the dumbest Senator, and that bar is set all too low…