Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Options

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Doing dry January but looking forward to trying this February 1. 50/50 mix of 14yr and 8yr. 

I'm dry this month too. =)

I have the 14 yr and the 15 yr and they are great. I like the 15 better because it seems a bit more complex but the 14 is really easy to drink. Very sweet and "smooth". Almost too easy to drink. It's crushable. I would think that with some younger stuff (relatively) would be great. Enjoy @ 2-1!
    My spot had just taken delivery on these. Had the full gambit of their offerings. They wanted $150 for the 15. Too rich for my blood especially on something I’ve never tried. After some points I had to burn paid around $50 for this one. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Doing dry January but looking forward to trying this February 1. 50/50 mix of 14yr and 8yr. 

I'm dry this month too. =)

I have the 14 yr and the 15 yr and they are great. I like the 15 better because it seems a bit more complex but the 14 is really easy to drink. Very sweet and "smooth". Almost too easy to drink. It's crushable. I would think that with some younger stuff (relatively) would be great. Enjoy @ 2-1!
    My spot had just taken delivery on these. Had the full gambit of their offerings. They wanted $150 for the 15. Too rich for my blood especially on something I’ve never tried. After some points I had to burn paid around $50 for this one. 
    Yeah that seems high for the 15. I can’t really remember what I paid but I don’t think it was that much. Nice score. I’ll be anxious to hear your review in a few. 😜
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,454
    Options
    In a previous life I spent many consecutive months "dry".  No longer a consideration but props to all who subscribe and carry it thru. 
    Perhaps I will find the reduced consumption translating to improved availability...No F'ing chance.  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    In a previous life I spent many consecutive months "dry".  No longer a consideration but props to all who subscribe and carry it thru. 
    Perhaps I will find the reduced consumption translating to improved availability...No F'ing chance.  =)
    Yeah there’s three other turkeys lined up for each of us 🙄
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Hoping this helps vs I St.  

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • pgprescott
    Options

Great ice and damn good bourbon right there. Go cyclones! 😜
  • TechsasJim
    Options

Hahaha.   Yep I’m not doing this “dry January” deal, my heart may stop if so.  

Wreck ‘em!
  • pgprescott
    Options

Hahaha.   Yep I’m not doing this “dry January” deal, my heart may stop if so.  

Wreck ‘em!
    You may be on to something. 😁
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Tito’s, Topo Chico Grapefruit and half lime.   Cold weather calls for cold drinks (highly backwards logic) 

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    This ones is new to me, debating waiting for Friday before i open
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,171
    Options
    Ran out of my daily, and my backup daily.  Trying to choke down some Jack Daniels Honey.  It is awful.  What are you supposed to do with it?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,667
    Options
    Ran out of my daily, and my backup daily.  Trying to choke down some Jack Daniels Honey.  It is awful.  What are you supposed to do with it?
    Give it away? I agree with it being awful. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
    Mr1egg said:

Never had the green. Mostly black and a few swigs of the blue. I like the JW profile and price point of the black. Imo it’s a great blended daily drinker if that’s your jam. 

Please let us know what your thoughts are on the green. I assume it’s a pretty pricey bottle? 
    shtgunal3 said:
    Mr1egg said:

Never had the green. Mostly black and a few swigs of the blue. I like the JW profile and price point of the black. Imo it’s a great blended daily drinker if that’s your jam. 

Please let us know what your thoughts are on the green. I assume it’s a pretty pricey bottle? 
    I would be interested in hearing about the green as well. I plan on breaking open a bottle of the blue shortly.

• beteez
    Options
    My old man really liked the green.
  • beteez
    Options
    Tears is an incredible pour.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    beteez said:
    Tears is an incredible pour.
    Not a big tequila guy but I do have a bottle of the clase azul on hand. That Tears bottle looks very aged and or finished. Looks interesting for sure. Enjoy. 
  • ThrasherIII
    Options
    A ginger pear bourbon cocktail:

Would you have the ingredients for this listed so that i may try to make myself this flavorful looking concoction?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    A ginger pear bourbon cocktail:

Would you have the ingredients for this listed so that i may try to make myself this flavorful looking concoction?
    You bet:

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/2626992/#Comment_2626992
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Hoping this will be the magic elixir for my #13 Red Raiders.  

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,444
    Options
    The boys at WT doing it right. Just picked up a store pick rye (local store to me) from WT that is absolutely delicious. Haven’t had one bottle of theirs that wasn’t good yet
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    The boys at WT doing it right. Just picked up a store pick rye (local store to me) from WT that is absolutely delicious. Haven’t had one bottle of theirs that wasn’t good yet
    Absolutely agree!   My local shop gets barrel picks from them all the time.    I haven't tried the rye but have had the above and the wheated version and both are outstanding.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Absolutely agree!   My local shop gets barrel picks from them all the time.    I haven't tried the rye but have had the above and the wheated version and both are outstanding.
    Just checked the score. Looks like it almost worked again. Close one!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Here's a link to a few recent bourbon articles for your reading pleasure:
    https://www.gobourbon.com/the-top-10-biggest-bourbon-releases-of-2021/  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Considering a quick jaunt down to Louisville in a couple months. Day of golf, a day of Keeneland and a Sunday watching the Masters. You all are in a wonderful area. Enjoy. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina You are definitely using that fancy glassware for its intended purpose.  Was their a noticeable chocolate flavour?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina You are definitely using that fancy glassware for its intended purpose.  Was their a noticeable chocolate flavour?
    There but not too strong.  This is an excellent beer.  
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    —————————
    great I’m reading this at 6:30 on a Saturday morning and I’m ready for a bourbon.   Have to fight temptation