Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-New 2022 Tundra

Options
124»

Comments

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Great looking truck and Toyota will fix this issue.  I am thinking about one of these myself in 3-4 years when I trade my Sierra.

I just bought my wife a new Highlander.  Her current one has been great.  We are giving it to our daughter.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Toyota Trucks !!  Wife and I moved from German to Japanese & I can’t imagine going back, it’s just so much easier to own.  Both ours now have over 100k ( Lexus GX460 & IS250 ) and hoping we can ride them until the Electric Vehicles mature a few more yrs. The electric truck market is super interesting . . 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    NDG said:
    Toyota Trucks !!  Wife and I moved from German to Japanese & I can’t imagine going back, it’s just so much easier to own.  Both ours now have over 100k ( Lexus GX460 & IS250 ) and hoping we can ride them until the Electric Vehicles mature a few more yrs. The electric truck market is super interesting . . 
    Yep that's what we are doing too (GX460 and RX350 here) My next vehicle will probably be 4-5 years from now and it will be something electric. Right now I'm leaning towards a Tesla Model Y or hopefully by then Toyota will have a mid-size all electric SUV

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Everyone predicted doom and gloom with the batteries and resale value when the Prius would get high miles.  Turns out they hold their value extremely well and there are 3rd party companies that keep the batteries going indefinitely.

I suspect the same with all-electric vehicles.  I predict there will be a huge non-OEM battery after-market.  All the other consumables like wheel bearings, bushings, brakes, etc are pretty much the same as ICE vehicles.
    Options
    Everyone predicted doom and gloom with the batteries and resale value when the Prius would get high miles.  Turns out they hold their value extremely well and there are 3rd party companies that keep the batteries going indefinitely.

I suspect the same with all-electric vehicles.  I predict there will be a huge non-OEM battery after-market.  All the other consumables like wheel bearings, bushings, brakes, etc are pretty much the same as ICE vehicles.
    Why don’t EV’s have solar on the roof of the Vehicle to assist with charging?
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

I would guess what you could generate in that small space is like spitting in the wind so the cost of adding just never works out.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Because people want to look up and see the friggin sky, man.  

Just kidding.  As @Legume guessed, the math just doesn't work out.  Remember that cars spend a lot of time actually indoors or out of direct sunlight.

What makes the most sense is to put the solar panels on the roof of your house, and then recharge your car in the garage.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

A couple do but that amount of square footage provides enough juice for 4 miles a day in ideal conditions. Much better investment to put the cells on your house roof or the roof of a parking canopy. My second youngest uncle put them on his barn roof neatly avoiding a decor argument with his wife.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options

I can’t put solar cells on my roof because my neighbors freaking trees shade it out. Already investigated it.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,096
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    @alaskanassasin I had to double take. At first I saw the $57k sticker but the dealer mark up for “limited” availability is $10k, so it’s $68k geez.

Ahhh, the good ole ADM. Toyota swears their dealers don’t participate in that practice…..
    Like I told my salesman, buyers have a way of remembering who screwed them on auto deals and the bitterness is long lasting.  How can a dealership command a 10k market adjustment and expect a buyer to return for repeat business or even recommend them to someone else.  Baddddd for business, just plain ole badddddd.  MSRP is understandable with market conditions the way they are.  
    I have two dealers in town I will not deal with.  One lied to me about car availability (young and dumb on my part) and I believed them.  Got screwed on trade and purchase, and then 2 weeks later I stopped by and they had the exact spec I wanted on the lot. This was 22 years ago and I still hold a grudge.

2nd was a dealer I bought 3 cars from in 12 months.  They low balled me on trade.  GMC dealer gave me 5k more than the Toyota dealer, when I told Toyota the offer they just shrugged and said I should use the GMC dealer. It was a car I bought brand new from them, if they don't stand behind their value, then no need to deal with them.  Will never use the Toyota dealer again.

Since then (6 months ago) my wife bought a GMC Denali and GMC Canyon.  She sent 3 other people to the same GMC dealer too.  My next truck will be a GMC dually from this dealer.  Aside from the dually, these would all have been Toyota cars instead.  Funny thing, they mailed me letter a few weeks ago offering me what I wanted for the trade.  Too little, too late.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options

I can’t put solar cells on my roof because my neighbors freaking trees shade it out. Already investigated it.
    If you live in Alabama, like I do you get the privilege of paying a per KW surcharge as a penalty for having solar panels. That charge throws it on kind of shade on solar.
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Done, checked that one off the list.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • RajunCajun
    Options
    Done, checked that one off the list.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    Priced a few in Atlanta a few weeks ago

a new Taco was listed for 67K

and new Tundra 84k..hard pass
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    billt01 said:

:o   

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    billt01 said:

wow, you could get a real truck for that......3/4 ton diesel etc
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    billt01 said:

Unless a person has I don't give a sh!t money or their car literally stops working beyond reasonable repair nobody should be buying a vehicle right now of any kind. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• RajunCajun
    Options
    billt01 said:

Must have included market adjustments.  My dealer didn't and I would never buy again from a dealer that charged a market adjustment.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,096
    edited March 2022
    Options
    billt01 said:

Unless a person has I don't give a sh!t money or their car literally stops working beyond reasonable repair nobody should be buying a vehicle right now of any kind. 
    I have a friend who sells them to me at MSRP.  I have done pretty well trading in a few other cars during this mess.  When I trade a car with 60,000 miles for $500 less than I bought it new, and get the new car for MSRP?  It can make sense.

billt01 said:

Must have included market adjustments.  My dealer didn't and I would never buy again from a dealer that charged a market adjustment.
    This is why I sold both my Toyotas and bought 2 GMCs.  Will never buy another Toyota unless I move out of market and find a dealer who isn't a prick.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Needed a new work truck so found a 2018 Tacoma with 20,000 miles for $34,800.  I wish I would have pulled the trigger last March when I was looking at a 2019 with 19,000 miles for $29,800.  😡

Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Options
    Hansm said:

This is what Libs don’t get, u don’t get rid of or reduce what works and what is necessary until u have a viable and actually functional solution.  

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• Legume
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hansm said:

This is what Libs don’t get, u don’t get rid of or reduce what works and what is necessary until u have a viable and actually functional solution.  
    I think the pic came from the article below, the ‘meme facts’ didn’t.  Article is from 2018.  I have no idea of the author or the group that did the testing qualify as ‘Libs’ in your world.  They’re from Australia and oddly enough, didn’t mention politics.

https://thedriven.io/2018/12/14/diesel-charge-evs-remote-locations-greener-than-you-think/
  • Legume
    Options
    Added link to article
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Legume said:
    Hansm said:

I think the pic came from the article below, the ‘meme facts’ didn’t.  Article is from 2018.  I have no idea of the author or the group that did the testing qualify as ‘Libs’ in your world.  They’re from Australia and oddly enough, didn’t mention politics.

https://thedriven.io/2018/12/14/diesel-charge-evs-remote-locations-greener-than-you-think/

Yep. That same pic was posted in this forum a couple of years ago.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Legume said:
    Hansm said:

Yep. That same pic was posted in this forum a couple of years ago.
    Man… you’d think after multiple times, the libs would start to get it!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    edited March 2022
    Options
    metric system is hard.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Hansm said:

Dude, you should write for “The Onion”….that’s f*cking hilarious!