Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Placeholder for internet things that are funny or cool

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    but marginally better than a no-suck...

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    Kilometers an hour...sure.
    Kilometers an hour...sure.
    There are 3 types of people in this world.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Let's hope their first images aren't anything like the Hubble's. For all of us working Shuttle that was a kick in the gut. Any articles usually were accompanied with images of Mr. Magoo at the time. Blinky was featured a lot also.  
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Botch
    SamIAm2 said:
    Let's hope their first images aren't anything like the Hubble's. For all of us working Shuttle that was a kick in the gut. Any articles usually were accompanied with images of Mr. Magoo at the time. Blinky was featured a lot also.  
    Cool!  When/for Whom did you work the Shuttle?  I worked on the RSRMs for Thiokol from '97 to '99.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch
    Very cool.  At the Maintenance Complex here at Hill for four years I was involved with moving all our tech data from paper to laptops, and teaching the techs (some very unwillingly) how to use them, too.  
    Never got to KSC, may have to make a "civilian" visit one of these days.  

• Botch

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    I can think of several reasons that might have occurred Botch. It's amazing how useful a 4 foot level is during construction though.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    I can think of several reasons that might have occurred Botch. It's amazing how useful a 4 foot level is during construction though.

we have a ground seep (a spring) on one side of the road thats active all year long. the city put the storm drain on the other side of the road, makes for a nice skating rink in the winter for the kids....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286

we have a ground seep (a spring) on one side of the road thats active all year long. the city put the storm drain on the other side of the road, makes for a nice skating rink in the winter for the kids....
    Yes those can be difficult to deal with. In road construction I usually used a French drain (like a septic line) to lower the water table. It’s a PITA though and you have to have a place to run the water.
  • fishlessman

Yes those can be difficult to deal with. In road construction I usually used a French drain (like a septic line) to lower the water table. It’s a PITA though and you have to have a place to run the water.

the storm drain empties into a trench that goes 100 feet along a boat ramp into the lake, if they only put the storm drain on the other side of a tiny dead end street. this morning the ice is about 8 inches thick with a 4 foot wide 8 inch deep pothole full of water dead center. the neighbor on the seep side put in a round river stone babbling brook that looks nice in there yard though.  there really was no reason not to put the drain on the other side, even in the yard, the hot top is always a wreck there getting patched twice a year
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    edited January 2022
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    edited January 2022
    No idea if this is true, but it made me laugh quite a bit:

• Botch
    Cannibal.  This roller coaster is about 10 miles south of me.  No I haven't, no I won't, but this video  is fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5pmYeo60Fs&t=163s

• fishlessman
    Botch said:
    Cannibal.  This roller coaster is about 10 miles south of me.  No I haven't, no I won't, but this video  is fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5pmYeo60Fs&t=163s

if i drove all the way to wally world, the park was closed, i broke in and got on that coaster, i would be pretty disappointed in it lasting barely 1 minute 20 seconds of actual ride time. even with there being no 2 hour line to stand in. dont get me going with disney world either, they slowed space mountain down about a week before i was there.....front seat for the metal coasters, last seat for the old wooden ones.  the old wooden one near me launched the coaster into the parking lot once
    fukahwee maine

• Botch

Dad meme.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945

• Botch

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Botch

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX