Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050

Such a cool car.  But man I’d be afraid to drive it any place that isn’t really really flat.

End qoute:

I'm guessing it has bags, to make it drivable.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354

Such a cool car.  But man I’d be afraid to drive it any place that isn’t really really flat.
    I would imagine it’s riding on air bags so they lift it up a few inches while driving. Only drop when parked. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• I just realized it’s probably on bags.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I am betting that car has bags.  No other way to get over a speed bump.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Hey John it’s on bagz!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• You’re letting a convertible cougar rot, good way to piss off the car gods. Nice pic though. My dad had one always loved the lines.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited December 2021
    Weather is nice so all the cars in the SW are coming out.  I was too slow for a McLaren 720s in powder blue, but I managed to capture this beast.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    You’re letting a convertible cougar rot, good way to piss off the car gods. Nice pic though. My dad had one always loved the lines.
    Actually my brother in law is an auto body guy and they are going to start doing some work on it now that they finished putting up a shop on their property. It is weird how life gets in the way and things like cars just go to the wayside. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    For sale locally, 1987 Chevrolet Grunt

Chevy dealer service/ body dept probably loves to see that come in!   Calling parts dept.....
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    I knew Tesla was working on a semi, but this is the first photo I've seen of it.  If the meme is accurate (no guarantee) the specs are pretty impressive, too.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Botch said:
    I knew Tesla was working on a semi, but this is the first photo I've seen of it.  If the meme is accurate (no guarantee) the specs are pretty impressive, too.  

I haven't seen any images of that particular semi but there was some spy shots posted last year with the Tesla semi. 

https://youtu.be/Foy2FX_g7GU
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:

30 minute portable charger, maths don't work, unless it plugs into every circuit within a 10 block radius.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    30 minute portable charger, maths don't work, unless it plugs into every circuit within a 10 block radius.
    Agreed, that part didn't make any sense.  
    I do have one of those VHS-sized batteries in both of my vehicles, can recharge your phone and jump-start your vehicle (once); a co-worker even fired up her dead F-350 up at the lake with one of those things; cool!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch
    edited December 2021
    Cornholio said:
    Botch said:

My family builds and remodels gas stations (I’m not in that business) and EV charging is a hot topic. For some it’s taboo, others are embracing it to get people to spend money inside of their stores while waiting for charging. 7-11 stations are one of those. Wouldn’t mind buying some desert land between here and Vegas to put in an EV truck stop, could be a good venture.
    Your family needs to familiarize themselves with the now-defunct "Stuckey's" franchise; there may be a gold mine there.   ;)
    EDIT:  And any property within NV could make multiples of that gold mine!  

• Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 238
    Hopefully you guys can open this...FBook users.

Up in my neck of the woods.  1970 Mustang 429 Coupe Boss.  11,000 original miles.  Up for sale.  Only $339,000.  The good news, it's Cdn dollars...which makes it affordable for many of you south of the 49th.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/927238578166518/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks
    Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • Braggart said:

Up in my neck of the woods.  1970 Mustang 429 Coupe Boss.  11,000 original miles.  Up for sale.  Only $339,000.  The good news, it's Cdn dollars...which makes it affordable for many of you south of the 49th.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/927238578166518/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Classic car prices are silly.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Braggart said:

What a cool time capsule. Could you imagine owning a car of that value but never getting to truly enjoy it? The real value is it being number matching and low miles. Knowing each mile you put on it could hurt the overall value and the original low mile mark. I suppose you can just call it art and look at it. The temptation though.....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited December 2021
    WeberWho said:
    Braggart said:

What a cool time capsule. Could you imagine owning a car of that value but never getting to truly enjoy it? The real value is it being number matching and low miles. Knowing each mile you put on it could hurt the overall value and the original low mile mark. I suppose you can just call it art and look at it. The temptation though.....
    Cars are meant to be driven. I'd drive the crap outta that thing. If I ever get to a point in life to afford something like that it won't be a trailer queen. I'll drive it constantly. Never understood having a car and not driving it. No matter the rarity. If I can afford a $359k car I don't give a crap about resale value.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    I guess it could be viewed like a virgin trophy wife.  But I digress and any further could challenge this thread.
    Happy Friday!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac

The guy took off like a bat out of hell from the light.  Made me smile.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I'd like to be able to afford the grill in that '37, let alone the whole car.  Sweet coupe!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Eoin said:
    Saw this at a supplier's workshop today.

Nice!  Long way from home.  We should try to repatriate it.
  • Eoin said:
    Saw this at a supplier's workshop today.

Nice!  Long way from home.  We should try to repatriate it.
    You think they'd be willing to trade it in return for Prince Harry?