Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    purely my imagination working here but tape a piece of pex to the offending pipe and pull it though the floor bringing the pex with it.

it's a sewage/drain line for the sink.  I wish it was a supply line problem, easy to run new line.
    Options

You are fahked, still think your better off to go to the crawl space assuming you have one. cut it off with a sawzall and rubber boot to pvc
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    You are fahked, still think your better off to go to the crawl space assuming you have one. cut it off with a sawzall and rubber boot to pvc
    Wall is only slightly deeper than a normal wall, maybe 5 inches.  I might be able to get a rubber boot on it, that's a great idea.

We're going to do a bathroom reno at some point so I don't mind half-assing it now because I'll be tearing out the walls in the near future.

If the boot doesn't work I'll get to the pipes from the other side.  It's easier to cut through plaster than that mud wall and waaayyy easier to patch the plaster than a tile wall.

Options
    Or, plan B, plug that drain and put a new drain in the floor.

Options
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Or, plan B, plug that drain and put a new drain in the floor.

Rubber boots are a good option especially in a vertical situation. That pipe is probably plugged all the way to the main, it would be worth replacing it with pvc
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    probably is mostly clogged.  I'll run a snake down it and try the rubber boot.  Worth a shot before I start tearing open the wall.
    probably is mostly clogged.  I'll run a snake down it and try the rubber boot.  Worth a shot before I start tearing open the wall.

you cant access it from below the floor?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    These two storylines intertwined makes for some strange reading.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @lousubcap - way to start strong!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Bonus bender day today.  Hit Valentina's early then off to Brunt Bean.  First in line there so hit a slice of lean and fatty and got out around 11:30 am.  Speed run (50 miles) to Franklin and got brisket there before they ran out.  Meat coma this afternoon.  Nailing three today opens some real flexibility for the next two days.
    A few poor pics::

Should I find any exceptional brisket or beef cheeks downstream I will share a few pics.
    Extra bonus points:  Got to talk with all three pit masters (yes even Aaron..).
    Looks like a cool day Frank.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Ditch the sink all together.  Swap out toilet tank lid with one of these.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Bonus bender day today.  Hit Valentina's early then off to Brunt Bean.  First in line there so hit a slice of lean and fatty and got out around 11:30 am.  Speed run (50 miles) to Franklin and got brisket there before they ran out.  Meat coma this afternoon.  Nailing three today opens some real flexibility for the next two days.

Should I find any exceptional brisket or beef cheeks downstream I will share a few pics.
    Frank, your trip deserves its own thread!  This is epic.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Frank, your trip deserves its own thread!  This is epic.
    I tried to click agree
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options

Why? The bidet dispenses warm water, with built in hand dryer  =)
    canuckland
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    @lousubcap definitely needs its own thread. We have a big project in January in Austin so I’ll be there for a couple weeks. Looking forward to following along on your trip. Do you happen to have a thread from your last trip to Austin? I can’t imagine better brisket tacos than Valentina’s.
    Snellville, GA

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options

Urinal?  Looks kinda "splashy"...

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    The “upper decker”
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Congrats on living my dream, @lousubcap. We’ve been talking about a “Southern road trip” (and I use that very loosely) for quite some time, but it just hasn’t been in the cards the last few years. Some of my best memories from childhood are in the South, so hope to visit again, and to explore some new sights, before too long. Enjoy the sights, sounds, and especially tastes!
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan PM sent with my summary of the June 2019 trip.  You should try and find the Texas Monthly list of their recent top 50 Texas BBQ joints.  Can't go wrong.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Nice job @lousubcap. Seems like a great start to the road trip.
    Where the hell is the agree button when you need it.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Thank you @lousubcap you are the man. I’ll check out the Texas monthly for sure. 
    Snellville, GA

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @WeberWho: Thanks for sharing. I am quite surprised that so much of the heat made its way into that steak. That being said, Da Bomb is no joke, so I suppose it’s not surprising. The scoville rating on it is erroneous beyond a doubt. That stuff punches way, way above its supposed weight. 

Funny story from a few months back. Hosted a few other couples for dinner and made fajitas. Brought out some hot sauces for kicks, but gave everyone appropriate warnings. A few friends tried some of the milder sauces on the table, which were no slouches. Feeling pretty confident with my heat tolerance, I applied Da Bomb directly onto my fajita with abandon, and fervently even - more so than usual. After all, it is my daily dipper, I thought. I ultimately had to step away from the table a few times. Even got the hiccups. A little goes a very long way. 
  • FarmingPhD
    Options
    Watching college basketball and installing software on a new laptop. 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Thank you @lousubcap you are the man. I’ll check out the Texas monthly for sure. 
    Texas Monthly also has a ewe tube channel documenting all the stops as well 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Reading about the passing of Al Unser and the family racing legacy.  The accomplishments in open-wheel racing rightly get all the headlines.  What they've done at Pikes Peak is just as impressive in my mind.  If you ever drive up that mountain note the race course start/finish lines.  Then ponder completing it in about 10 min.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA