Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    @Ozzie_Isaac: What is the approach for a Hungry Man on the Egg?
    I go raised indirect, typically.  Slit the foil over the corn.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463

About 1/4" thick, USB-C powered, 1 TB, $120.  Going into the travel camera bag.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Just ordered a case of black clouds for duck season. $30 per box is pretty high for my standards
    Ammunition (like everything else) is f’ing ridiculous. I recently paid almost 200 bucks for a box of twenty 30-378 Weatherby ammunition. Almost 10 bucks a round. Ridiculous. Actually it’s robbery. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited November 2021
    SGH said:
    Just ordered a case of black clouds for duck season. $30 per box is pretty high for my standards
    Ammunition (like everything else) is f’ing ridiculous. I recently paid almost 200 bucks for a box of twenty 30-378 Weatherby ammunition. Almost 10 bucks a round. Ridiculous. Actually it’s robbery. 
    If you can’t afford it, then it’s your problem. 

How is it *my* problem you can’t afford this sh!t

i took a picture of the gas pump today. Super premium was like $4+ a gallon.  BFD. Filler-up

everyone on facebook b!tching because they can’t afford $4 a gallon for gas while they think they can afford their Escalade or mercedes or whatever. 

You can either afford your car/truck or you can’t. 

And if you b!tch about a gallon of gas, maybe you can’t really afford what you are driving. 

Twenty years ago I was paying $16/gal in the UK for “petrol”

that’s actually what it costs. 

Cost me $200 to travel the length of the Island. 

Cheaper than flying. Quit your b!tching 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    mobile super premium hasnt bumped up in over a year, regular has though. why is that
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    Did pigbeanus get banned ?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• He did mess with @Botch…
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• What’s like dislike mean?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    mobile super premium hasnt bumped up in over a year, regular has though. why is that
    Super is steady here too. It was a bit niche before, but now regular is 10% ethanol and super is 5%, more people are buying it so more competition. Esso is the best, their super is ethanol free.
  • SGH
    That is not the case here. All 3 grades have went up dramatically. As well as off-road and on road diesel. 

Status- Standing by.

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited November 2021
    @SGH
    pigbeanus has not been the friendliest or most helpful member of the forum.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    SGH said:

Looks like Lit did too.  Several threads are sinking.  Looks like those threads struck a nerve.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • SGH
    GregW said:
    @SGH
    pigbeanus has not been the friendliest or most helpful member of the forum.
    He did seem a little high strung and anal retentive at times. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Langner91 said:
    SGH said:

Looks like Lit did too.  Several threads are sinking.  Looks like those threads struck a nerve.
    And the mighty Buffalo 🦬 struck back 👍

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I have a bugout, good knife if you like light at the expense of a little play in the handle.
    Looks like I missed a lot throughout the day. Luckily the newest member to my EDC arrived today. 

Nice!  The Bugout seems like a great little knife.  It is on my desire list for sure.  I like the white scales with black blade.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,354
    I have a bugout, good knife if you like light at the expense of a little play in the handle.
    I had the regular Bugout, but lost it at work some time ago. This is the Mini Bugout. Plan is to have it for at home strictly. I wear basketball shorts and sweat pants a lot. This guy is significantly lighter than my other knives. 

Looks like I missed a lot throughout the day. Luckily the newest member to my EDC arrived today. 

Nice!  The Bugout seems like a great little knife.  It is on my desire list for sure.  I like the white scales with black blade.
    That color combo was an added bonus for me. Really like it. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,416
    16” Wok from CGS…need to wok accoutrement! 
  • nolaegghead
    I have the carbon fiber Osborne from Benchmade also.  Almost as light, stiff AF, but costs almost 3x.  That's my go-to lucky stabbin' knife.
    Eoin said:
    Super is steady here too. It was a bit niche before, but now regular is 10% ethanol and super is 5%, more people are buying it so more competition. Esso is the best, their super is ethanol free.
    I have taken the very scientific approach of pouring in a tank of the special stuff if I am on company business.  Shell Ultimate through convenience.  
    I think the Merc gives a tad more economy (SWMBO keeps it resolutely in the low 20's mpg) and the Saab (albeit diesel) just gets a clean out, possibly a tad smoother.  Whereas I've done regular long runs in the Saab recently and it's reporting 50 mpg. 
    I am reliable informed that the main benefit is more and higher quality detergents. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • nolaegghead
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    I have taken the very scientific approach of pouring in a tank of the special stuff if I am on company business.  Shell Ultimate through convenience.  
    I think the Merc gives a tad more economy (SWMBO keeps it resolutely in the low 20's mpg) and the Saab (albeit diesel) just gets a clean out, possibly a tad smoother.  Whereas I've done regular long runs in the Saab recently and it's reporting 50 mpg. 
    I am reliable informed that the main benefit is more and higher quality detergents. 
    Correctamundo.  It's my understanding from countless hours of research and toil that oil and fuel both start with the same commodity stocks that everyone uses and then are mixed before sale with ethanol, detergents, tiger juice, Techron, and so on before being branded as something special.

Of course there are many varieties of stocks; winter and summer hydrocarbon blends (butane and other light VOCs added to winter fuel), synthetics for oils, etc.

my everyday knife is the mini freak with carbon fiber scales. so light you dont know its there. i see they put a deep carry clip on that, i had to change out for the deeper carry or i would have lost it by now. i was checking materials on an old tank the other day, it carved like aluminum, turned out to be stainless
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    Buying some petrol.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Buying some petrol.

That would be $116.60 here at the moment, our regular (95 RON).
  • SGH
    Eoin said:
    Buying some petrol.

That would be $116.60 here at the moment, our regular (95 RON).
    It now takes a 100 bucks to fill up my F250. Now I fully grasp what Ridin with Biden meant 👍

Status- Standing by.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    edited November 2021
    Buying some petrol.

That's a bargain at about 3.60/gal. Here it's 4.22/gal Regular after vol and $ conversions.
    canuckland