Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    Botch said:
    I moved into this house in 1995, and the Whirlpool washer, dryer and frig I purchased are all still running fine; 26 years.  
    Knocking on wood....
    Yeah, I probably shouldn't've typed that out loud....   :|

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Botch said:
    Sweet100s said:
    In any event, the reliability data in 2015 led me to choose Whirlpool.  
    I moved into this house in 1995, and the Whirlpool washer, dryer and frig I purchased are all still running fine; 26 years.  
    I guess there's a utilisation advantage as a single occupant.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Sweet100s said:
    paqman said:
    Any suggestion?  I need front load AND stackable.  They all seem to have bad reviews. 

Hi Paqman, With something like washer and dryers I buy strictly based on reliability.  
    I’ve always wanted stackable to use that space for something else.  Like you have observed, the ratings and reviews have dissuaded me.

There’s a YouTube guy obsessive about washers who rants about any front loading washer…  how none of them use enough water to really get the soap residue out or clothes clean.  He claims there’s 1 brand of top loading washers that still does but it wasn’t a brand common enough to remember.

In any event, the reliability data in 2015 led me to choose Whirlpool.  I believe the worst being Samsung.
    I do use and like the “Steam clean” feature of the Whirlpool washer and dryer. 
    Since seeing that YouTube guy’s rants about how little water modern washers use in the default setting, I always set it to “extra rinse” and soil = heavy.

Let us know what you choose! 
    The only issue we get with our 2 Miele washers is the drain system plugging with gunk, most likely because of the low water volume. Easy fix to clean them from time to time, running an occessional empty load at 90C also helps.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    With all the supply chain issues, our options were pretty limited.  Ordered from Costco again and delivery is scheduled for Wednesday.  All local stores had months or wait time except for some select models.  Went with LG.

Options
    @paqman - fortunately (now likely jinxed) I have not priced laundry equipment in many years.  Dang- I would not have been close to guessing that cost.  Dang-  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @paqman - fortunately (now likely jinxed) I have not priced laundry equipment in many years.  Dang- I would not have been close to guessing that cost.  Dang-  
    @lousubcap there were less expensive options but the wait time was too long.  Keep me posted n mind that this is Canadian $ so probably closer to 2500$

One of the sales people we spoke to indicated that LG is one of the few companies that seemed to have a good supply of chips on hand when the whole shortage hit.  It's one of the reasons we ended up ordering an LG fridge for our kitchen reno.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    paqman said:
    With all the supply chain issues, our options were pretty limited.  Ordered from Costco again and delivery is scheduled for Wednesday.  All local stores had months or wait time except for some select models.  Went with LG.

We went with a similar set last spring.  They do alright stacking was our issue.  Builder made them stacked to save space in our 10’x10’ laundry room.  Made a lot of sense 🤦‍♂️.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I am dealing on a used Jeep Wrangler.  I should have my head examined....
    Clinton, Iowa
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Just ordered SRF hanger and teres major steaks.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Just ordered SRF hanger and teres major steaks.  
    Nice find. Got that email as well…..
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    Do your research. Notorious for rear engine seal leaks depending on year model. Was an inch from buying an 06 Wrangler until I checked the engine bay. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Langner91 said:
    Do your research. Notorious for rear engine seal leaks depending on year model. Was an inch from buying an 06 Wrangler until I checked the engine bay. 
    I wouldn’t want to be buying a vehicle right now regardless. Good luck. Hope they don’t extract more than a pound of flesh. If you’ve managed to find a decent deal Bravo!!!

boyfriend of the ISU grad is buying a vehicle due to being hit and totaled. He’s getting new, but they are asking 3-5k extra for the relatively modest vehicle he’s wanting. 😳😳😳
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Posted in another thread but figured I would share here too. For those looking for turkeys for Thanksgiving, our local ALDI has their butterball turkeys on sale .87 cents a pound as of today.

Just picked up an Appleton ham from ALDI for Thanksgiving. I cooked one last year and did a honey bourbon glaze that turned out pretty good. 
    LBGE
    AL
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    edited November 2021
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Langner91 said:
    I wouldn’t want to be buying a vehicle right now regardless. Good luck. Hope they don’t extract more than a pound of flesh. If you’ve managed to find a decent deal Bravo!!!

boyfriend of the ISU grad is buying a vehicle due to being hit and totaled. He’s getting new, but they are asking 3-5k extra for the relatively modest vehicle he’s wanting. 😳😳😳
    I know.  I know.  I am sick about the cost. 

The dealer next door has two new Broncos.  One two-door, one Sport.  I mentioned I can't believe they haven't sold in months.  The guy told me "They are Mannequins, Ford won't let us sell them.  They are just here for test drives so people order one."  

I hate car dealers!  

But, this is an 11 year-old, two-door.  Just don't see many of those with only 80K miles.  It is just a toy.  May sell the Harley since I can't ever find time to ride it.

I really should have my head examined.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Langner91 said:

I know.  I know.  I am sick about the cost. 

The dealer next door has two new Broncos.  One two-door, one Sport.  I mentioned I can't believe they haven't sold in months.  The guy told me "They are Mannequins, Ford won't let us sell them.  They are just here for test drives so people order one."  

I hate car dealers!  

But, this is an 11 year-old, two-door.  Just don't see many of those with only 80K miles.  It is just a toy.  May sell the Harley since I can't ever find time to ride it.

I really should have my head examined.
    What the dealer didn’t tell you is they sell the Bronco mannequins with 8,000 miles on them. The 4 at the local dealer are already spoken for. Wife’s should be here before Christmas 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    A little bit of new camo from Kuiu. Running a sale. Decided to try it out 
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    GrillGrates for daughters Med that went missing after ex moved out 
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    How do you find that camo?
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Hunted with a childhood friend this past weekend. He lived in Colorado for the last 5 years. He had on way less clothes than me and it was all that brand. He told me runs along the lines of Sitka…bought 2 pieces just to see what the difference is. Ain’t cheap, glad I found it on sale
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TideEggHead
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Hunted with a childhood friend this past weekend. He lived in Colorado for the last 5 years. He had on way less clothes than me and it was all that brand. He told me runs along the lines of Sitka…bought 2 pieces just to see what the difference is. Ain’t cheap, glad I found it on sale
    I was looking at some of their stuff recently but wasn’t sure about the pattern, we hunt timber and some marsh around here. I guess if I get some base layer stuff, it wouldn’t matter. I’d be interested to know how you like the it compared to Sitka. I just bought a duck oven last year for insulation.
    LBGE
    AL
  • TideEggHead
    Options
    I should have specified for waterfowl.
    LBGE
    AL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    How do ducks see?  With deer pretty much any color, even blaze orange, that has designs to break up your profile will work.  Do ducks have good color vision?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    How do ducks see?  With deer pretty much any color, even blaze orange, that has designs to break up your profile will work.  Do ducks have good color vision?
    Some do, some need help.
    Options
    I’m probably not qualified to answer that but from what I understand they have very good vision. They can see red, green, yellow, and blue very well (more vibrantly than humans). They can see UV radiation too.
    LBGE
    AL
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    From what I understand they are good at pattern recognition and able to see things that normally wouldn't be there.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    GlennM said:

Joe jr on sale $289. They had them online at Walmart for $249. Must be a new model coming?
    Lowe's around the Midwest has had the Kamado Joe Classic on clearance for $395. Normally $750.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options
    GlennM said:

Joe jr on sale $289. They had them online at Walmart for $249. Must be a new model coming?
    The Kettle Joe is new here in the UK, maybe that? 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay