Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A More Civilized BGE Forum

Comments

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited November 2021
    Lit said:
    “Many people including myself”
    “Many people, including me…”

(grammar, bruh. Give it a try.)

PS: do you still have the hay bail? I’ll buy it off you
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    I saw this thread and thought OP has a thin skin. I then went back to his original thread and was embarrassed.  I'm on another forum quite a lot and they have a wonderful feature called ignore user. 
  • several facebook groups are good, they are actually moderated.  the amount of kamado/bge content being shared there is immense.
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    I find people complaining and being upset online to be weak. I certainly can’t imagine how they operate in real life. 

When people struggle to read the room, meaning they can’t  negotiate the junk and the good, then it’s always gonna be bad. 

Not all the sites are the same so test drive them as it suits ya. This one is like a locker room, some folks swing their units, others stare, a few shower in shorts. 

Branch out- plenty of places as active or more active to find cook inspirations. Cooking on ceramic isn’t rocket science, and it certainly isn’t new. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    edited November 2021
    This really did used to be a much more friendlier place.  
    I disagree (not under the Disagreediots rock though), want proof?  ;)
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/2614789#Comment_2614780
    canuckland
  • The first few months I was on here I took everyone literally and found myself A) looking like an idiot arguing, when really it was all in good fun and B ) not enjoying it for what it is. A wealth of knowledge and sometimes foolishness.
    You came in loaded for bear, I remember that.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Guy buys a KJ.  A year later, joins the BGE forum but never posts anything.  A year after that makes a first post with a thread that is one of the two most controversial topics: BGE or KJ.  (the second is what lump is best).  That thread starts out with "I am not a troll."

As is predicted with most any controversial topic you will get some people arguing about it.  A pun about the acronym for Big Joe is made.  This is some seriously naughty behavior.  Queue Lit, who's probably been day drinking.  Pantomime a third grade fight that goes: "I know you are but what am I" (you get the picture).  Not anything "insane asylum" level by any means.

Some hours later, this person starts up another thread, having posted 4 or 5 times total in one day.  "I'm a noob and this place is nasty unlike the other forums", yadda yadda.  The torture this guy tolerated for a few hours is so unbearable that bait is set for "what to do?!".  Cue the Hitler youth and Archie Bunker twins who paint a grim picture about how everyone has left because of "like 5 bad people and their many troll accounts". 

FFS, just go. Who does this?  This is just moderator bait all the way.
    You drinking again buddy? 
  • Lit said:
    Guy buys a KJ.  A year later, joins the BGE forum but never posts anything.  A year after that makes a first post with a thread that is one of the two most controversial topics: BGE or KJ.  (the second is what lump is best).  That thread starts out with "I am not a troll."

As is predicted with most any controversial topic you will get some people arguing about it.  A pun about the acronym for Big Joe is made.  This is some seriously naughty behavior.  Queue Lit, who's probably been day drinking.  Pantomime a third grade fight that goes: "I know you are but what am I" (you get the picture).  Not anything "insane asylum" level by any means.

Some hours later, this person starts up another thread, having posted 4 or 5 times total in one day.  "I'm a noob and this place is nasty unlike the other forums", yadda yadda.  The torture this guy tolerated for a few hours is so unbearable that bait is set for "what to do?!".  Cue the Hitler youth and Archie Bunker twins who paint a grim picture about how everyone has left because of "like 5 bad people and their many troll accounts". 

You swallowing again, buddy?

see you at exit four. 
  • Lit
    PigBeanUs said:
    Lit said:

see you at exit four. 
    Get any new library books?
  • No

“Library” just proves you don’t even understand the concept. 

• GeboM said:
    I just made my first post on this forum and a few of the comments that have been made lead me to believe this isn’t a family website.  Well, not a family I want to be a part of.  At least I was helped in making my decision. 

Is there a BGE forum that is moderated for bad behaviors?  I’m not a prude but I can’t believe some of the comments made.  

I realize someone will say it’s a free country and I can go if I don’t like it.  

Do I have the ability to block certain people.  It’s always just a few that mess things up
    The truth is that there's only really one bad apple.  But at times that can be enough to upset the cart.

This guy has always been kind of a ****, but we tolerated him.  For example, he used to regularly make fun of one of the forum member's medical ailments.  It was relentless and cruel.  

Then he said some pretty racist stuff.  He got called on it, and got into a fight over it with one of the more popular members here.  The other member left the forum over it, while the racist dude asked the moderator to delete his account.  But because he's such a jackass and the mods aren't really on the ball, he stuck around.  Since then he just picks fights probably once a week.  At one point he shared PMs some other forum member had sent him, just because they were embarrassing to that member.

His MO is to make fun of forum members and their appearance.  I've seen him make fun of people for having long hair, teeth that aren't white enough, ugly wives or kids, you name it.  That's him.  He throws insults like a 13-year old.  

But if you can ignore that one guy, and he's really pretty obvious so it's not hard, this is a really great place.  
    Yep.
  • Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    Lit said:

see you at exit four. 
    I’m sure your Simpsons kettle gets all of the neighborhood housewives wet. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    Lit said:

see you at exit four. 
    Oh, so close. The word we were looking for was moist. neighborhood housewives MOIST…
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• If you really wanna drive them crazy, hit the “st” hard

”moy-St”

they will jam their fingers in their ears and run away yelling, “yayayayayayah”
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    what happened?

This really did used to be a much more friendlier place.  
    I like it much more now.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • paqman said:
    what happened?
    It’s Thursday.  It’s the new Friday.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    GeboM said:
    Apparently, this type of posting is normal here.  LOL
    I had no idea such people existed outside of treatment centers or confinement.
    Ahh, I see where you went wrong.  They have interwebz in treatment centers now.  Occasionally folks sneak on without supervision.  Then we wind up with days like today.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    GeboM said:
    I just made my first post on this forum and a few of the comments that have been made lead me to believe this isn’t a family website.  Well, not a family I want to be a part of.  At least I was helped in making my decision. 

Is there a BGE forum that is moderated for bad behaviors?  I’m not a prude but I can’t believe some of the comments made.  

Do I have the ability to block certain people.  It’s always just a few that mess things up
    The truth is that there's only really one bad apple.  But at times that can be enough to upset the cart.

This guy has always been kind of a ****, but we tolerated him.  For example, he used to regularly make fun of one of the forum member's medical ailments.  It was relentless and cruel.  

Then he said some pretty racist stuff.  He got called on it, and got into a fight over it with one of the more popular members here.  The other member left the forum over it, while the racist dude asked the moderator to delete his account.  But because he's such a jackass and the mods aren't really on the ball, he stuck around.  Since then he just picks fights probably once a week.  At one point he shared PMs some other forum member had sent him, just because they were embarrassing to that member.

His MO is to make fun of forum members and their appearance.  I've seen him make fun of people for having long hair, teeth that aren't white enough, ugly wives or kids, you name it.  That's him.  He throws insults like a 13-year old.  

But if you can ignore that one guy, and he's really pretty obvious so it's not hard, this is a really great place.  
    Meanwhile  Becky and Tommy decided to explore the old McCallaster place long since abandoned.....................

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• GeboM said:

One hundred percent this. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I think it stems from JIC ruining the forum America,  and @thetrim leaving.
    FTFY.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  •   This place is much friendlier when we have a republican president.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GeboM
    GeboM Posts: 9
    This has really been interesting. I never imagined a forum like this. 

Contrary to some of your beliefs, my butt hasn’t been and doesn’t hurt.  I do feel a certain degree of pain for some of you.  It must be a terrible feeling when you are lost and start to think about the future.  Then you reach for things to numb your mind or try to hurt others to transfer your pain (under the disguise of humor and sarcasm)

I understand as once was I. 

There is only One who can save. 

I won’t be looking at this thread any more.  I’ll save these pearls. 
  • Lit
    GeboM said:
    This has really been interesting. I never imagined a forum like this. 

Contrary to some of your beliefs, my butt hasn’t been and doesn’t hurt.  I do feel a certain degree of pain for some of you.  It must be a terrible feeling when you are lost and start to think about the future.  Then you reach for things to numb your mind or try to hurt others to transfer your pain (under the disguise of humor and sarcasm)

I understand as once was I. 

There is only One who can save. 

I won’t be looking at this thread any more.  I’ll save these pearls. 
    Ok Nola
  • Oh boy.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Oh boy.
    LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Your best bet is to search for a topic you are curious on.  The older posts are much more genuine and provide actual advice that can help.  It seems more recently that posts are filled with people arguing back and forth.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • Lit
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    Lit said:

see you at exit four. 
    They were squirting all over them. Had to put them in the attic (the kettles). Ruining my bark.