Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    That white looks a lot better than the grey one. Wow the inside is very nice! Not 100k nice though. 
    I believe it's supposed to compete against the Escalade. I haven't seen the interior of an Escalade lately but I can't imagine it puts up much of a fight. I could be wrong. Hard to see any SUV be worth 100K plus. Especially domestic.  
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Lit said:
    Just reading about inflation. Seems this trillion dollar bill might not help? They said highest inflation in 30 years. Ouch.

I'll take the bait.  I read...in 40 years.....
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    This does not look like a 93k ride. Must be a Jeep thing?

Crazy expensive but the inside is ridiculously nice. 

https://youtu.be/-ZIbGCrgf1M
    Love DeMuro’s videos.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    edited November 2021
    Options
    beyond the wrangler jeep is dead to me.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Yeah, I wouldn’t touch them either.  Long term reliability is not a phrase that belongs in the same sentence with Jeep.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    That white looks a lot better than the grey one. Wow the inside is very nice! Not 100k nice though. 
    I believe it's supposed to compete against the Escalade. I haven't seen the interior of an Escalade lately but I can't imagine it puts up much of a fight. I could be wrong. Hard to see any SUV be worth 100K plus. Especially domestic.  
    Do yourself a favor and check out the interior of the new Escalade. It’s amazing. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Yeah, I wouldn’t touch them either.  Long term reliability is not a phrase that belongs in the same sentence with Jeep.
    Neither is consumer satisfaction, based on reports I read a few years back. Hopefully, things have improved for them on that front. 
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Nice video. Nice ride. I’ll pass. I laughed at 5 feet of touchscreens though. 
    Snellville, GA

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Do yourself a favor and check out the interior of the new Escalade. It’s amazing. 
    A friend of my dad has a 2020 GMC Denali HD 3500. I caught a ride with him the other day when we went store my dad's motorcycle. The truck was way, way nicer than anything I've owned but I was less than impressed with the fit and finish inside. Full of plastic and it felt dated. General Motors in a nutshell for interior design/quality. No hate but GM always seems to be a step or two behind in that department. 

I haven't seen the interior of the new Escalades since the new redesign. I'd imagine it's nice. I'll have to see if I can track down a video. I'm not sure if you can find a new Escalade under 100K. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    Metrics can drive the wrong behavior.  In drive thru at McDonalds they said my fries will take a few minutes so I must pull forward.  Nobody was behind me, so I said I will just wait.  Cashier said I must pull forward across the parking lot to wait.  She said they are scored on through times.  If I waited at the window they would have poor service times.  Umm, I still have to wait, whether there or in the parking lot.  They brought my food after about a 1.5 minute wait in the parking lot.  Nobody ever showed up in the drive thru while I waited.  However, now an employee had to walk across a dark parking lot to bring my food.  Metrics drove that unsafe practice and actually increased my wait time because I had to wait for the runner to get to my car.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Metrics can drive the wrong behavior.  In drive thru at McDonalds they said my fries will take a few minutes so I must pull forward.  Nobody was behind me, so I said I will just wait.  Cashier said I must pull forward across the parking lot to wait.  She said they are scored on through times.  If I waited at the window they would have poor service times.  Umm, I still have to wait, whether there or in the parking lot.  They brought my food after about a 1.5 minute wait in the parking lot.  Nobody ever showed up in the drive thru while I waited.  However, now an employee had to walk across a dark parking lot to bring my food.  Metrics drove that unsafe practice and actually increased my wait time because I had to wait for the runner to get to my car.
    How were they supposed to predict the next order would need fries?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    edited November 2021
    Options
    That is not the issue.  The wait for fresh fries is fine.  The issue was gaming the service times by having me pull forward into the parking to wait.  Nobody ever came through while I waited in the parking lot.

If I had waited at the window the employee would not have had to walk across the dark parking lot at night to bring my fries.  They could have just gone old school and gave them to me through the window.  However, then their service time would not have been as good.  It was done for the metrics, not for service.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options

I was fortunate to have the wisdom of your message communicated some 30+ years ago, when given my first supervisory position, although in a shorter form as "careful what you measure as that's the results you'll get".
    Seems to be too many examples now days where care is not being taken, coupled with not giving front line workers leaway to use common sense.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Meatfluencer
    Options
    That is not the issue.  The wait for fresh fries is fine.  The issue was gaming the service times by having me pull forward into the parking to wait.  Nobody ever came through while I waited in the parking lot.

If I had waited at the window the employee would not have had to walk across the dark parking lot at night to bring my fries.  They could have just gone old school and gave them to me through the window.  However, then their service time would not have been as good.  It was done for the metrics, not for service.
    You’ve never “played the game” at work and gave your bosses what they wanted to see so they would go away? 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

Could have been avoided all together is all I’m saying.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Good for you @alaskanassasin

I have heard that vague, generalized excuse too many times.  I don’t know what’s in the vax, what if it’s unsafe in 10 years, etc.  not hard core conspiracy theory like 5g, etc., but just enough doubt they are comfortable kicking the can down the road.  I have some good friends in this category and they won’t even consult with their doctor, it’s like they prefer vague doubt to a conversation that may challenge their starting position wrt the vax.  I don’t know if that’s pride or what, but it’s killing people.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    My regular fuel delivery driver died of Covid, really sad, I really liked that guy. His coworker brought out fuel and when I asked after my regular guy he told me what happened. When he was getting ready to leave I asked him if my regular guy was vaccinated, he said no he wasn’t, so I said are you vaccinated? He said no, I asked why not and he said he doesn’t  know what it is really or the long term effects. I said “you have seen the long term effects of Covid.”  Not sure I got through to this guy but I told him at this rate I will have to pick up my own fuel. 
    If someone knows someone who's a lot like them in many ways, and that person has died from covid, but they still won't get the vaccine?  What can you do to convince such a person, I don't think there's much you can say at that point.  
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    First of all I don't judge or care if some one is vaccinated or not, in my opinion if your healthy young and strong it probably does not matter either way.
    I think it is ridiculous to vaccinate kids who have most likely already been exposed to covid and are our best shot at becoming naturally immune to this.  I know that won't go over with a lot of you guys but that's where I am at and won't be convinced otherwise.
      But to @JohnInCarolina point the guy I was talking to is older than the fella who passed away.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    First of all I don't judge or care if some one is vaccinated or not, in my opinion if your healthy young and strong it probably does not matter either way.
    I think it is ridiculous to vaccinate kids who have most likely already been exposed to covid and are our best shot at becoming naturally immune to this.  I know that won't go over with a lot of you guys but that's where I am at and won't be convinced otherwise.
      But to @JohnInCarolina point the guy I was talking to is older than the fella who passed away.
    The only thing I don't really understand here is the point of view that you've come to a perspective and your mind won't be changed.

For me at least, I am generally open to the view that I don't actually have all the answers, and that when presented with information that challenges my view, try to think about it carefully.  My views usually don't change but sometimes they do, and so personally I would never tell a group of people that they can't ever say anything that would change my perspective.

But maybe you would just not care to argue about this particular issue, and that I understand.

I'll just add that vaccination isn't just to protect the person getting the vaccine, it's there to help limit the spread to others who are perhaps more vulnerable.  I've not actually been all that worried that our daughters would get covid and become all that sick themselves, but the possibility they'd transmit it to my elderly parents was a different story.  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options

the unvaxed around here are mostly extremely stubborn and have dug in their heals. the conversation has changed to those vaxed getting boosters are dumb and the trend seems to be the vaxed stepping away from booster shot now.  even the doctors arent clear on the booster, out of 5 ive seen lately, 4 werent sure if i should get a booster shot because of the timing of a blot clot and the first 2 shots. the fifth said get it before im off the blood thinners which makes sense to me
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

the unvaxed around here are mostly extremely stubborn and have dug in their heals. the conversation has changed to those vaxed getting boosters are dumb and the trend seems to be the vaxed stepping away from booster shot now.  even the doctors arent clear on the booster, out of 5 ive seen lately, 4 werent sure if i should get a booster shot because of the timing of a blot clot and the first 2 shots. the fifth said get it before im off the blood thinners which makes sense to me
    The one thing I will say: talking to your doctor or pediatrician about this decision when you have questions is absolutely the way to go.  If someone has received a recommendation from their doctor and they're following that, regardless of what it is, I'm not going to question it.  I just wish more people would do that.  
  • Meatfluencer
    Options

That’s Salesforce’s motto. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @alaskanassasin - understood, and that is fair.

It does sound like your delivery guy was someone you got to know reasonably well.  Really sad that he ended up dying from something preventable.  
  • fishlessman
    Options

The one thing I will say: talking to your doctor or pediatrician about this decision when you have questions is absolutely the way to go.  If someone has received a recommendation from their doctor and they're following that, regardless of what it is, I'm not going to question it.  I just wish more people would do that.  

the fifth dr googled it about the blood thinner.  from what a saw, she has a much better google system than i do ;)
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    tday dinner shopping has started, there were lines to get in lines. then the liquor store went nuts about a glass shortage, everyone had full carriages. looking around i came to the conclusion that i dont have a drinking problem
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Just got back from a Birthday party.  Good times.