Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    edited November 2021
    Options
    deleted

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Enjoying the cooler weather and the extra hour of sleep today. Currently 68 degrees in Dixie. What a welcome relief 😮‍💨 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Listening to half a phone conversation in the airport…apparently a woman in her early 20s visited friends in South Bend this weekend and was shocked that others in their early 20s enjoyed going to bars and drinking at football games.

Edited to add: Also enjoying Invincibles Day.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:
    Sh!t f*ck p!iss your mom **** a donkey... 
    Undeleted
    Options
    Weird wood turn orange when cut
    Acn said:
    Listening to half a phone conversation in the airport…apparently a woman in her early 20s visited friends in South Bend this weekend and was shocked that others in their early 20s enjoyed going to bars and drinking at football games.

Edited to add: Also enjoying Invincibles Day.
    I sat on a plane while the guy behind us pleading for a guy to come play football at a California university. Fun one to listen to.

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Dayam; that orange, along with the spalting along the heartwood, what beautiful projects you could make with that!!  Jelly here.  

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Wood supply getting fortitied....
    Options
    Neighbor threw out a TV today with a note on what they think was wrong with it (board, loose internal connections, etc.).

Apparently all it needed was a drive around in the back of a pickup truck bed.

55" 4k Hisense...FREE!
    You, what's the word....  suck.  :tongue:  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Getting ready to watch Season 4 1st Episode of Yellowstone!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I’ve never heard of that show.  Is it a cartoon?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac: A neighbour was just telling me about that show. Any good? I tend to like the Western genre. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Who's auditing the auditors!?!?

the inspection company thats been auditing me for decades as well as the local nuke plant wrote their first manual about 4 years ago..... pretty insane
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    You are thinking of Yogi Bear.  Yellowstone is a Western Style drama set in modern day Montana.  Big bad corporate America is trying to pave over a family ranch and Native Americans are trying to also get the ranch back because it was stolen from their ancestors.  It is not just White Hat vs. Black Hat either.  All sides operate in the murky waters between good and bad, justice and vengeance.  Many folks find it slow to build, but I very much enjoy the plot and character development.  I do not need non-stop Liam Neeson type action, although there are moments that would make Liam proud.

I especially like the ranching/rodeo/horse show aspects because I recognize a lot of the folks and names involved for both the riders and the horses, but that is such a small storyline I expect most of the audience don't even acknowledge that portion of the storyline.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    I don’t acknowledge it.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I acknowledge gerbils can be a pretty creepy pet in the wrong hands.
    Options
    That's just like, your opinion, man!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Hey Carey - what is that guide for the chainsaw called?  I know what is does but not how to google it.  Thanks
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I don’t think it’s creepy when they are in hands. It’s creepy when they put them other places. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    @JethroVA the original is called the “Alaskan mill” made by granberg 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @JethroVA the original is called the “Alaskan mill” made by granberg 
    Yep.  There's also a piece I didn't use, guide rails to get a level-plane first cut when you're tackling long logs.  I just eyeballed the first cut here.

You are thinking of Yogi Bear.  Yellowstone is a Western Style drama set in modern day Montana.  Big bad corporate America is trying to pave over a family ranch and Native Americans are trying to also get the ranch back because it was stolen from their ancestors.  It is not just White Hat vs. Black Hat either.  All sides operate in the murky waters between good and bad, justice and vengeance.  Many folks find it slow to build, but I very much enjoy the plot and character development.  I do not need non-stop Liam Neeson type action, although there are moments that would make Liam proud.

Sounds like a cartoon to me.  You didn't indicate if it's a cartoon or not.  

Just kidding.  I looked at the trailer for Season 4.  It actually looks like the sort of show I would like.  Certainly they have some great actors in it.  I'll have to check it out after I finish Justified and Billions.  
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Did you watch/like Longmire? That was on Netflix.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    SGH said:
    I don’t think it’s creepy when they are in hands. It’s creepy when they put them other places. 
    Just had that very discussion with my gastro who had just finished my colonoscopy! She was in med school in Philly at the time that first story came out.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Kayak said:
    Yes, I watched Longmire and really enjoyed it.  I have read some of the books also which were enjoyable too.

Sounds like a cartoon to me.  You didn't indicate if it's a cartoon or not.  

Just kidding.  I looked at the trailer for Season 4.  It actually looks like the sort of show I would like.  Certainly they have some great actors in it.  I'll have to check it out after I finish Justified and Billions.  
    I am enjoying Billions.  I like all the strategy in it.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Kayak said:
    Yes, I watched Longmire and really enjoyed it.  I have read some of the books also which were enjoyable too.
    Couldn’t get into the books should i try again?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Kayak said:
    Couldn’t get into the books should i try again?
    There are so many good books and series, if it didn't work for you already, I would move on.  The show does a really good job of it.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Speaking of books, just got this:

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Speaking of books, just got this:

Very interesting, their story (parts I know of) makes me very angry.  Curious to know if my soundbites and short news stories match reality.  Not sure if I would have the stomach to make in through the book.