Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FS Smobot (divorced and selling all my egg stuff)

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053

Its not huge until someone misses a comma
  • Lit said:

I'm not worried.  We know we can always count on you to miss a lot more than that.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Seeing all the BS here makes me want to sell all my egg stuff and divorce myself from this forum, can the Buffalo help?  ;) Amazing a FS thread turned sideways so many different ways.
    Why are reading this thread if you're bothered? The damn cook controller sold right away.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Lit said:

That comma was very important.  Your sentence structure implied you were the rookie.  My sentence structure implied I was talking about the rookie, which in this context is you.  So I guess it is group hug time, because we agreed.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Lit
    Lit said:

That comma was very important.  Your sentence structure implied you were the rookie.  My sentence structure implied I was talking about the rookie, which in this context is you.  So I guess it is group hug time, because we agreed.
    No it was pretty clear either way. 
  • Lit
    CPFC1905 said:
    Lit said:

I live near Oxford, if that helps? 
    Doesnt help at all it wasnt an oxford comma but you did get the comma part right.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

I am very glad you are a member here.  You share a lot of interesting drinks on the "What are you drinking thread", you do have some pretty good cooks, and I very much enjoy your witty banter, whether I am on the sidelines, or in the big game.  Never change, you are awesome.  Also, all kidding aside, pretty cool you run 5ks everyday.  That takes a lot of dedication and will.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    I left my Weber Smoky Mountain Cooker with the ex but took the Weber Genesis Grill with me. After I got married to my current beautiful wife she bought me the XL for my birthday. So things will get better.
  • Lit
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

I am very glad you are a member here.  You share a lot of interesting drinks on the "What are you drinking thread", you do have some pretty good cooks, and I very much enjoy your witty banter, whether I am on the sidelines, or in the big game.  Never change, you are awesome.  Also, all kidding aside, pretty cool you run 5ks everyday.  That takes a lot of dedication and will.
    Now i am stumped. I love you too man.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    RyanStl said:
    Seeing all the BS here makes me want to sell all my egg stuff and divorce myself from this forum, can the Buffalo help?  ;) Amazing a FS thread turned sideways so many different ways.
    Why are reading this thread if you're bothered? The damn cook controller sold right away.
    @Canugghead , this would be the time for that "I've eaten more salt, than you've eaten rice" saying. (Apologies, if I mangled it).

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking said:
    RyanStl said:
    @Canugghead , this would be the time for that "I've eaten more salt, than you've eaten rice" saying. (Apologies, if I mangled it).
    “Salt and rice, they both make a decent turd”

- SGH, probably 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    caliking said:
    RyanStl said:

- SGH, probably 
    And clean up quickly with the TOTO 3700 Whisper Jet. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    dmchicago said:
    caliking said:
    RyanStl said:

- SGH, probably 
    And clean up quickly with the TOTO 3700 Whisper Jet. 
    Breaking news: man on internet uses bidet to clean himself mysteriously disappears never to be seen again.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Lit’s birthday party. Probably. 

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Lit said:
    You wont. 
    Says the guy who never does lol. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    CPFC1905 said:
    I lived in a small village in Oxfordshire called Henton while young in the 70’s.  It was close to Thame and Chinnor.  Our nearest train station was Princes Risborough.  Are you anywhere near?  I miss those days and England.   Many  years and miles from my current residence in Memphis! 

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Lit said:
    You wont. 
    Says the guy who never does lol. 
    I think we’re overdue for @HeavyG
  • CPFC1905 said:
    I lived in a small village in Oxfordshire called Henton while young in the 70’s.  It was close to Thame and Chinnor.  Our nearest train station was Princes Risborough.  Are you anywhere near?  I miss those days and England.   Many  years and miles from my current residence in Memphis! 

Whereabouts in Memphis?  Anywhere near Humor Street?  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    CPFC1905 said:

Probably ten feet off of Beale.
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited November 2021
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    There is a lesson here.  Make sure you buy your wife a nice equally valuable gift whenever you get something nice.  Then the divorce settlement is easy. You each keep the corresponding gift.  Easy-peasy.
    problem in the first place is letting your wife know when you buy something valuable. 

E. A. Newton used to say “some people collect oriental carpets. I collect rare books. You see, you can’t really sneak a carpet into the house” 
    If you collect rare books you dont have to worry about having a wife in the first place.
    Find me a poor guy who collects books. You witless hillbilly. Your wife probably married you because you knocked her up on a hay bail in the back of your pickup truck

meanwhile I’m over here making three times what you earn at Walmart, while I’m only ‘working’ maybe 30 hours a week. 

I’d have figured you would be the guy to make fun of people who read. 

If you are thinking “this pr!ck thinks he’s better than me?!?”  

No. The Answer is no. I don’t 

I’m fairly convinced of it. 

(Say hi to your sister for me. You stopped posting pics of her for some reason. Did your wife catch you?)

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    CPFC1905 said:

I don’t know of a Humor street in Memphis.  But maybe you are being humorous and I don’t get it - I am slow sometimes! 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited November 2021
    CPFC1905 said:
    Lit said:

I assure you it doesn’t. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    caliking said:
    RyanStl said:
    You got it spot on but I figured it'll fly over many skulls.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    RyanStl said:
    Seriously? Did you not see the wink emoji  ;) in my post?

@Legume and @Lit responded instantly and I didn't hesitate to agree with them...

BTW, thanks for validating the closing sentence in my post...
    Amazing a FS thread turned sideways so many different ways.
    canuckland
  • PigBeanUs said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    There is a lesson here.  Make sure you buy your wife a nice equally valuable gift whenever you get something nice.  Then the divorce settlement is easy. You each keep the corresponding gift.  Easy-peasy.
    problem in the first place is letting your wife know when you buy something valuable. 

E. A. Newton used to say “some people collect oriental carpets. I collect rare books. You see, you can’t really sneak a carpet into the house” 
    If you collect rare books you dont have to worry about having a wife in the first place.
    Find me a poor guy who collects books. You witless hillbilly. Your wife probably married you because you knocked her up on a hay bail in the back of your pickup truck

meanwhile I’m over here making three times what you earn at Walmart, while I’m only ‘working’ maybe 30 hours a week. 

(Say hi to your sister for me. You stopped posting pics of her for some reason. Did your wife catch you?)

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    RyanStl said:
    Seriously? Did you not see the wink emoji  ;) in my post?

@Legume and @Lit responded instantly and I didn't hesitate to agree with them...

BTW, thanks for validating the closing sentence in my post...
    Amazing a FS thread turned sideways so many different ways.
    I have to say, I overlooked the wink. Moving on. This forum could use some more emojis.
  • Lit
    PigBeanUs said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

You do know 3 times what a walmart employee makes isnt very much. You collect library books?
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    CPFC1905 said:

And we miss you, too.
    Yes - I have a friend in Chinnor, we are tad further east close to Wendover.

What caused you to reside amongst the verdant and bucolic Chilterns?   
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay