Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FS Smobot (divorced and selling all my egg stuff)

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    There is a lesson here.  Make sure you buy your wife a nice equally valuable gift whenever you get something nice.  Then the divorce settlement is easy. You each keep the corresponding gift.  Easy-peasy.
    problem in the first place is letting your wife know when you buy something valuable. 

E. A. Newton used to say “some people collect oriental carpets. I collect rare books. You see, you can’t really sneak a carpet into the house” 
    If you collect rare books you dont have to worry about having a wife in the first place.
    Just so you know Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Nicholas Cage, and Ian Flemming are/were collectors of rare books.

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?
    Surely, you are joking?  Ever heard of Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones, James Bond, Greatest Actor ever, or the job of President?
    I know who they are. They arent getting women cause they collect books though. 
    Ah, but Lit, you said he wouldn't have to worry about having a wife because he collects rare books.  Did you take logic classes in middle school?  Your logic structure is an "or" structure.

You collect rare books OR you have a wife.  Now, your next statement contradicts that by saying collecting rare books does not preclude having a wife.  Which is it?  Which do you believe?
    Are you really thinking into it that much? Was just messing with the guy. Do you collect books as well? 
    Really didn't take any thinking on my part.  Maybe I shouldn't take reading comprehension for granted.

To answer your question, nope, I do not collect books.  I read them, then donate them.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    There is a lesson here.  Make sure you buy your wife a nice equally valuable gift whenever you get something nice.  Then the divorce settlement is easy. You each keep the corresponding gift.  Easy-peasy.
    problem in the first place is letting your wife know when you buy something valuable. 

E. A. Newton used to say “some people collect oriental carpets. I collect rare books. You see, you can’t really sneak a carpet into the house” 
    If you collect rare books you dont have to worry about having a wife in the first place.
    Just so you know Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Nicholas Cage, and Ian Flemming are/were collectors of rare books.

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?
    Surely, you are joking?  Ever heard of Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones, James Bond, Greatest Actor ever, or the job of President?
    Ah, but Lit, you said he wouldn't have to worry about having a wife because he collects rare books.  Did you take logic classes in middle school?  Your logic structure is an "or" structure.

You collect rare books OR you have a wife.  Now, your next statement contradicts that by saying collecting rare books does not preclude having a wife.  Which is it?  Which do you believe?
    Are you really thinking into it that much? Was just messing with the guy. Do you collect books as well? 
    Really didn't take any thinking on my part.  Maybe I shouldn't take reading comprehension for granted.

To answer your question, nope, I do not collect books.  I read them, then donate them.
    Or maybe dont be so serious on a bbq forum. Obviously i know there are people that collect books and have wives. You feel smart now?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?

Or maybe dont be so serious on a bbq forum. Obviously i know there are people that collect books and have wives. You feel smart now?
    Yes, thank you.  It always feels good to help educate a person.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I think we need more Canadians on this forum to balance out all of the American fight me now guys.
    I like the blokes from the UK.  I just wish they were on our time.
  • Lit
    Options
    I think we need more Canadians on this forum to balance out all of the American fight me now guys.
    So what is our time is it Eastern or Central? You know we have 4 time zones right? 
  • EzraBrooks
    Options
    Lit said:
    So what is our time is it Eastern or Central? You know we have 4 time zones right? 
    You know UK isn't on any of them right?
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,540
    Options
    I guess Alaska and Hawaii don’t count.
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I thought those were both part of Russia.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I thought those were both part of Russia.
    I know you can see Russia from Alaska. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,414
    Options
    But you can smell it before you see it!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?

For the record, it wasn't obvious. Nice backpedal?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    caliking said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?

• Lit
    Options
    caliking said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?

So you two really couldnt see that I was trolling the troll? Instead you really think i believe nobody that collects books would have a wife? Says alot about your intelligence. 
  • Lit
    Options
    I counted them. It was mountain and pacific i left out. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Lit said:
    caliking said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?

So you two really couldnt see that I was trolling the troll? Instead you really think i believe nobody that collects books would have a wife? Says alot about your intelligence. 
    Yes, you are right.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Options
    Start a GOFUND ME page, eggheads are good people
    LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Options
    Sounds like we have a lot if CUNextTuesdays out there.....
    LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Lit said:
    caliking said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?

So you couldn't tell I was trolling you?  Consider yourself caught and released.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    caliking said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?

So you couldn't tell I was trolling you?  Consider yourself caught and released.
    That was really sad for trolling if thats what you were trying to do.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Lit said:
    Why do you hate the territories?  We also have Atlantic, Chamorro, and Samoa time.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    caliking said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?

Seriously Ozzie.  You should try denigrating people's personal appearance instead.   

Just keep in mind that, If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful. 
  • Lit
    Options
    Acn said:
    Lit said:
    Why do you hate the territories?  We also have Atlantic, Chamorro, and Samoa time.
    I give up thats too many. Only so many fingers
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    caliking said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?

I didn't expect you to understand highbrow trolling.  Consider my expectations met.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,540
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Seeing all the BS here makes me want to sell all my egg stuff and divorce myself from this forum, can the Buffalo help?  ;) Amazing a FS thread turned sideways so many different ways.
    canuckland
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    caliking said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?

I didn't expect you to understand highbrow trolling.  Consider my expectations met.
    Its so funny when I trolled you right back on my first response and you explained yourself. Thats trolling rookie.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Seeing all the BS here makes me want to sell all my egg stuff and divorce myself from this forum, can the Buffalo help?  ;)

• Lit
    Options
    Seeing all the BS here makes me want to sell all my egg stuff and divorce myself from this forum, can the Buffalo help?  ;) Amazing a FS thread turned sideways so many different ways.
    You wont. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    caliking said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?

Its so funny when I trolled you right back on my first response and you explained yourself. Thats trolling rookie.
    That's trolling, rookie.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options