Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FS Smobot (divorced and selling all my egg stuff)

Options
Hey, what's up.  I am unfortunately having to sell all my stuff including my egg and all that comes with it.  I have a smobot which is simply an awesome and fun air controller for your egg or Kamodo.  This is a 'fire' sale LOL no pun intended.  But, someone buy this thing from me.  It's in perfect working condition and has always been taken care of.  I think i may have used it around 30 or so cooks.  email me or message me for more conversation about it.  brodykmb@gmail.com
i paid a couple hundred bucks for it.  I'll let it go for a hundred dollars.  Like I said, it's in perfect working condition.  Treat yourself to a nice personal holiday gift.
Brody (Cumming, GA)

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    sounds like a rough divorce. hang in there.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    At least he got to sell his Egg stuff.  Some of us weren't so lucky.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Sorry Buddy
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Maybe she took the Egg and just left him the accessories? Or accidentally backed into it on the way out? Anyhow I hope that he has a new Egg and a better honey by this time next year.
  • AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    Dang what happened?  Was she banging the postman?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    Tough crowd right here!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    There is a lesson here.  Make sure you buy your wife a nice equally valuable gift whenever you get something nice.  Then the divorce settlement is easy. You each keep the corresponding gift.  Easy-peasy.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Condolences and congrats. Onward and upward bud. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    There is a lesson here.  Make sure you buy your wife a nice equally valuable gift whenever you get something nice.  Then the divorce settlement is easy. You each keep the corresponding gift.  Easy-peasy.
    That’s cute 

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• PigBeanUs
    Options
    problem in the first place is letting your wife know when you buy something valuable. 

E. A. Newton used to say “some people collect oriental carpets. I collect rare books. You see, you can’t really sneak a carpet into the house” 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    My first egg was a Father's day gift from my kids.  My best-childhood friend built a custom table for my deck that held the egg and had shelves and prep space.

I lost both, which she promptly sold and bought a hot tub.

I got the better end of the deal!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,868
    Options
    This thread has all the hallmarks of becoming a pillar of the forum irrespective of the OP's intentions and its title.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    My first egg was a Father's day gift from my kids.  My best-childhood friend built a custom table for my deck that held the egg and had shelves and prep space.

I lost both, which she promptly sold and bought a hot tub.

I got the better end of the deal!
    Ouch, sorry you lost the sentimental egg and table.  Glad you moved on to better more positive things.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Meatfluencer
    Options
    Divorce is expensive because it’s worth it. 
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    Options
    Excellent suggestion. 

I buy a BGE, I buy her a dozen eggs. It'll look good on the divorce papers, right?
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    problem in the first place is letting your wife know when you buy something valuable. 

E. A. Newton used to say “some people collect oriental carpets. I collect rare books. You see, you can’t really sneak a carpet into the house” 
    If you collect rare books you dont have to worry about having a wife in the first place.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

If you collect rare books you dont have to worry about having a wife in the first place.
    Just so you know Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Nicholas Cage, and Ian Flemming are/were collectors of rare books.

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Just so you know Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Nicholas Cage, and Ian Flemming are/were collectors of rare books.

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    What you’re missing here is that Lit never dated anyone who could read.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    That makes his Username ironic.
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Dont hate just cause you got beat up and pocked on every day. Sure thats where you picked up your 5k routine. Run home and hide little ****.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?
    Surely, you are joking?  Ever heard of Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones, James Bond, Greatest Actor ever, or the job of President?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Dont hate just cause you got beat up and pocked on every day. Sure thats where you picked up your 5k routine. Run home and hide little ****.
    Uh oh it seems I’ve struck a nerve. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,983
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    That makes his Username ironic.
    There’s a reason his nickname is Lit-for-brains.
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?
    Surely, you are joking?  Ever heard of Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones, James Bond, Greatest Actor ever, or the job of President?
    I know who they are. They arent getting women cause they collect books though. 
  • PeteSliver
    Options
    I think we need more Canadians on this forum to balance out all of the American fight me now guys.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?
    Ah, but Lit, you said he wouldn't have to worry about having a wife because he collects rare books.  Did you take logic classes in middle school?  Your logic structure is an "or" structure.

You collect rare books OR you have a wife.  Now, your next statement contradicts that by saying collecting rare books does not preclude having a wife.  Which is it?  Which do you believe?
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Also, Thomas Jefferson.
    Who?
    Ah, but Lit, you said he wouldn't have to worry about having a wife because he collects rare books.  Did you take logic classes in middle school?  Your logic structure is an "or" structure.

You collect rare books OR you have a wife.  Now, your next statement contradicts that by saying collecting rare books does not preclude having a wife.  Which is it?  Which do you believe?
    Are you really thinking into it that much? Was just messing with the guy. Do you collect books as well? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,983
    edited November 2021
    Options
    He’s gonna blow a fuse trying to square that circle.  

Or just punt.