Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I could be wrong, but isn’t it unsafe….

Options
2»

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I thought about doing that during SNOWVID in February when the power was out and it was below freezing inside my house.

Then I did some cipherin'.

"If I just run it at a low temp it won't produce much CO2 - so that might be safe... but with the vents barely open it won't produce much heat because ultimately the amount of heat produced is proportional to the amount of fuel burned..." so I was never able to escape the laws of physics.

Based on the fact that I gave this serious consideration it probably won't surprise you that I prefer red wine with poultry - because I prefer red wine with everything.  Some of us are uncouth savages.

I used my Mini on low, wrapped in a blanket, next to my water main line into my house.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Foghorn said:
    I thought about doing that during SNOWVID in February when the power was out and it was below freezing inside my house.

"If I just run it at a low temp it won't produce much CO2 - so that might be safe... but with the vents barely open it won't produce much heat because ultimately the amount of heat produced is proportional to the amount of fuel burned..." so I was never able to escape the laws of physics.

Based on the fact that I gave this serious consideration it probably won't surprise you that I prefer red wine with poultry - because I prefer red wine with everything.  Some of us are uncouth savages.

I used my Mini on low, wrapped in a blanket, next to my water main line into my house.
    Jedi Egg!  I like it.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    um. Ozzie is the flaggot?

That's low man.  I only "Like", "Agree", or hit "Off-Topic" on @Botch 's posts.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    That turkey looks like it was cooked in the oven, maybe deep fried.  That egg is cold, probably an early Festivus gift to the man of the house.
    So were these? unless the zip ties are heat proof  :s

Lol!!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    That turkey looks like it was cooked in the oven, maybe deep fried.  That egg is cold, probably an early Festivus gift to the man of the house.
    So were these? unless the zip ties are heat proof  :s

Lol!!

What?  You mean you’re supposed to remove those?  I thought burnt plastic was there to add flavor.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Are we sure it’s inside?  Looks to be on the porch to me.
    You can see a railing ahead of the grass, both of which are outside of those French patio doors. Plus, as others have hinted, the wooden table and chair set would imply dining room. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Airbrushed bird?
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    did purple gravy one year using red wine instead of white. maybe they are pairing the wine with the gravy, its all about the gravy
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Terpderpitude
    Options
    Look at the picture.  The dining room is adjacent to the porch.  They opened the doors to the porch and wheeled the Egg close to transfer the bird to the table.  

Thank you for attending my Ted talk.
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    Foghorn said:

It ain’t the CO2 that’ll getya. 

This might be the dumbest idea ever. If you ever even think of doing this again, we are all going to form a caravan and drive to your place, stand in line, and slap you in the side of the head one after another. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    FWIW (if you need a fire in an enclosed space), a smoldering, oxygen starved fire makes lots of CO.  A hot oxygen rich fire, very little (favors CO2).  For example, a stick burner running full blast is oxygen rich, an egg dialed down low is oxygen poor.  In other words, if someone put a gun to your head and told you to light the egg inside, put less lump in it and run it full blast, with all the lump burning.  
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Foghorn said:

It ain’t the CO2 that’ll getya. 

This might be the dumbest idea ever. If you ever even think of doing this again, we are all going to form a caravan and drive to your place, stand in line, and slap you in the side of the head one after another. 
    Thank you @PigBeanUs.  That's the kind of thing that good friends do for one another.

Can I count on you the next time that @20stone concocts a "let's buy and raise some animals - or whatever" plan?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    Well. No one dies from carbon monoxide poisoning in 20stone’s plan, do they?

whar about botulism?
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    I like a good pinot noir w/ my turkey. Savage I know but hey, I don't drink whites.
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Well. No one dies from carbon monoxide poisoning in 20stone’s plan, do they?

whar about botulism?
    No.  He's very particular about food safety and safety in general.  The only thing that dies is your wallet.  And after a long weekend maybe your back - from the hard work.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX