Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Just checked in for a pedicure and foot & leg massage.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Better?…..

You seem to be a very dapper fella.  Stone, Art, Wood, baseboards, nice thresholds, accent walls.  All very nice.
    Thank you. I figure it helps compensate for my underwhelming personality. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    DMW said:
    Better man than me…..tell her you want em painted pink
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    ColbyLang said:
    DMW said:
    Better man than me…..tell her you want em painted pink
    I went with clear, next time.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Gearing up for the Manning brothers MNF show.  Game doesn't matter.
    Their running commentary is as good as it gets.
    Glad they are back after three weeks off.
    Above all, enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Cherry busted this MNF broadcast- Marshawn Lynch guest on the broadcast-live and up jumped "fvcked" during his running commentary.  This show is entertainment money!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    lousubcap said:
    Cherry busted this MNF broadcast- Marshawn Lynch guest on the broadcast-live and up jumped "fvcked" during his running commentary.  This show is entertainment money!
    Cap, I have no clue what you said.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    It’s cable, right?
  • lousubcap
    @WeberWho - Way to handle the night lighting etiquette.  Too many fail to make that happen.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - Way to handle the night lighting etiquette.  Too many fail to make that happen.  
    I miss the days when the middle child had to stand in the yard every night shinning a flashlight on it.  This generation is soft.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    World Series time! Excited for this one. Astros in 6. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    lousubcap said:
    I miss the days when the middle child had to stand in the yard every night shinning a flashlight on it.  This generation is soft.
    I am the middle child who had to hold the flashlight. Usually I was flat on my back under a Chevy Impala hearing “hold the light steady on that bolt”.
  • lousubcap
    @Battleborn All in with the World Series (teams independent) but the spineless phques then residing at MLB HQ in NYC in 2017 should have vacated the Astros 2017 title.  
    Thus the lesser of two evils here is the Braves for me!
    Stay healthy and safe out there.  
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Maybe cancel culture is on the way out… if these two groups can band together there might be hope for us yet.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unc-duke-professors-paid-19-191957976.html

Greensboro, NC
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Wolfpack said:
    Maybe cancel culture is on the way out… if these two groups can band together there might be hope for us yet.

It all makes sense now how @JohnInCarolina can afford his fancy new dishwashers, the one that cooks food and the one that washes dishes.... the plot thickens......

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2021
    World Series time! Excited for this one. Astros in 6. 
    Braves vs. 'Stros.  I love baseball, but really having a hard time getting interested.  Braves did have Travis Tritt sing national anthem, so that might tip it in their favor.  Plus they are not cheaters.
  • WeberWho said:
    My wife has wanted to get a flag pole for the house for quite some time. So we purchased a flag pole that is made right here in MN. We found some time to dig a hole and cement in the sleeve this past weekend. When raising the flag for the first time we had one of the neighbors that we don't know very well walk out on his deck with his hands raised in the air yelling, "Whooooo!!!". We also had a car honk their horn repeatedly when driving by. That was kind of cool to see. We paired it with a solar panel LED light for at night. 

It was long overdue....

Judge away with the yard. It's ugly. I'm waiting on a choke cable through Kubota. Otherwise the ugly yard would have been at least mowed.  =)
    I am Canadian and seldom do we see our flag flown with such fervour. The U.S. flag was a staple of my childhood, when we made the long drive down the Eastern coast for vacations fairly regularly. A sight I gladly welcomed. 
  • Wolfpack said:

It all makes sense now how @JohnInCarolina can afford his fancy new dishwashers, the one that cooks food and the one that washes dishes.... the plot thickens......
    Wait until you see the gold-flaked A-5 steaks I’m cooking this weekend…

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    @JohnInCarolina perhaps consider one with the flakes and one with the gold on the side.  Then cook the remainder with the crowd favorite.  Wash it all down with some Cristal champagne.  If you're gonna go, go big.  
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    World Series, Braves and national flag, sweet memories...

canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac

Why is the Canadian flag upside down?
  • World Series, Braves and national flag, sweet memories...

I believe they’re just paying tribute to the moment when you have to turn your bottle of maple syrup 180 degrees vertically to get those last glorious drops. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453

http://bluejayhunter.com/2012/06/flashback-friday-upside-down-canadian.html
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Wow, Gurriel just face planted.
  • Ozzie_Isaac

http://bluejayhunter.com/2012/06/flashback-friday-upside-down-canadian.html
    Haha!  You had 1 job!  Thank you for sharing that article.  Imagine screwing up so bad that the President had to apologize to another country.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Infusing my knife with energy and soul.

• @Ozzie_Isaac: Nice looking piece. What brand and blade material? Are you soaking it in soy?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @Ozzie_Isaac: Nice looking piece. What brand and blade material? Are you soaking it in soy?
    It is nothing fancy, a Shi Ba Zi Zuo 8-inch chinese kitchen knife.  I have always been curious about the usefulness of the Chinese style kitchen knife.  Since I have started cooking a lot of chinese dishes and eatch a lot of YouTube videos on the subject, my curiosity got the better of me.  The knife os very light (considering what ot looks like) and surprisingly balanced.  Looking forward to spending some time with it.  I am soaking it in instant coffee to try forcing a patina. I have never tried that before, and I am not impressed by the results.  The blade may have some sort of clear coat pr something.  I washed ot well prior to soaking for 2hrs, but it did not get as dark as I expected.